• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review AG147: Enter Manene! Mansion of Rest!

THIS.IS.A.CRIME. DAMN YOU STUPID WRITERS! CHIMECHO! I SHALL AVENGE THEE!
Seriously, folks, this is just plain stupidity! How low can they go? Manene is cute, but nowhere near as cute as Chimecho. How could James leave it? He loves Chimecho so much. Oh well. There goes my favorite PokemonxHuman ship. Guess I'll just have to resort to JamesxCacnea.

You could see if there is any potential in JamesxManene.

He didn't have to lose Chimecho to get it, though.

Aha, the castle is a villa [as in holiday home] of his, and the old couple are the caretakers. Now, I don't know if Chirean got better by the end of the episode, but it's left with them.

And isn't that interesting. There's no voice credit for Manene, but Pokeani speculates its seiyū is Ohtani Ikue. Hm.

Fuck you, Pokemon writers, fuck you.

As Blackjack Gabbiani mentioned in the Team Rocket Fan Club thread, the one scene in the intro shows Chirean/Chimecho along with Manene, meaning that there has be some point later on when it comes back. I don't really see any point in the animators including both of them otherwise.

I guess I'll have to wait 'till tomorrow (when I can get the ep) to see, but I think I'm not going to be happy. In fact, I'll probably be pissed. >F

James and Manene... bleee.... the worst idea ever. Chimecho left - I don't know and I don't understand why. James really liked it and they've been together for a very short time. He could keep it. Manene isn't so cool, its a - sorry for fans- but pink pudding. James should get good-looking, strong pokemon, not something like this!

Hmm... James really loves his pokemon and cares about them a lot. May didn't have to sit by his side on night -.-
Manene looks like a little clown. Nah, I still don't like it. I know, James needs some friendly pokemon but Manene? Could be something umm... not so cute.

Well, Chimecho had a rather serious fever... it was still somewhat ill by the end of the episode.

Pokérus? Hm.

Zhen Lin said:
Well, Chimecho had a rather serious fever... it was still somewhat ill by the end of the episode.
James didn't have to leave it.
Manene needs a place in the anime so they kicked sweet Chimecho out. They could kick Cacnea because isn't really interesting, but not Chimecho.

Sorry, I'm still mad about it =S

Cacnea is needed for basic battles. But why not let him have three Pokémon? Jessie does, and two of them rarely fight. (Not that we should lose Wobby, but how often do we see Dustox?)

Argy said:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v711/mizuiroashita/PMAG147Pre Captures/PMAG147Pre010.jpg

I wonder what's glowing, since Chirean doesn't evolve and we know Manene won't... Probably healing of some sort...

It looks like it is Manene's capture. Is that Chimecho's Pokéball?

I bet Manene will appear in the motto next week, and that is why the writers wanted Chimecho out of the way.

EDIT: Look what I found in the pictures:
AG147_043.jpeg

Is that the same Weepingbell that James put in the breeding centre so long ago?

Last edited:
No, it is not. James caught THE Weepinbell when he was older.

As for leaving Chimecho because he was sick... Pikachu has been ill several times and Ash didn't leave it, did he and? Treeko and Corphish were sick at the begining of AG and Ash didn't leave them either.

In other words, this was just an excuse to put one of the new pokémon onscreen and advertise the upcoming games.

Okay. I saw the pictures (which made me nearly cry) and have calmed down.

Manene is okay. Chirean wasn't completely ditched... it is basically Kojiro's house, after all. I think it will be back.

But, sometimes I really want to strangle Musashi.

Will Chimecho be gone from the intro starting with next weeks episode now?

Afterall, James is unlikely to return for Chimecho until the very end of the saga. There would be no reason for James to ditch it otherwise.

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom