• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review AG154: Startling! Frightening! Elekid!!

Unregistered said:
Cough snorlax cough.
When has Snorlax EVER been considered apart of a central team? It, like Muk, Tauros, and Kingler are revolving door Pokemon.

Donphan = Yet another double battle candidate.

FabuVinny said:
When Ash was in the Orange Islands?

Snorlax did nothing but sleep! It didn't even get to participate in a Gym battle or the league! It did nothing!

I assumed it was left out because Orange Islands was prior to Charizard's leaving, which was the "bigges Pokémon Ash has had since" reference point.

Just saw the episode, and I loved it. Especially since Brock actually had a bit of importance! Not much, but he certainly wasn't in the background! And in an episode he wasn't part of the plot of!

And Manene mimicing Phanpy is priceless.

Snorlax did nothing but sleep! It didn't even get to participate in a Gym battle or the league! It did nothing!

It did stuff in "A Way Off Day Off", made two apperances in the 2nd movie, battled the big Rydon in that Meowth/Pikachu episode, and Snack Attack was completly focused around it. It was indeed a part of the team until Ash traded it for Tauros.

On the subject of size, surely I can't be the only one whose always wondering why on Earth the Pokemon based on the largest land Mammal barely comes up to May's head?

'Cause Donphan's not actually that big, it's only a metre tall.

And at that, I'd like to point out that it's not actually bigger than Bayleef. ^^

Donhpan = 1.1m
Bayleef = 1.2m

Hoo-Hah.

Startling! Frightening! Elekid! episode

I have seen this episode on Saturday. This episode is about when Ash, Pikachu & the others saw an Elekid in a forest. Then Team Rocket tried to capture Pikachu earlier but they got blast off by Elekid's thunder attack and separated with Manene alone. The Pokemon egg was captured by Elekid's Antenna. May tries to tell it to give back the Pokemon egg but it couldn't listen. But Ash & the others saw Manene in a forest. Maybe they knew it must be Team Rocket got separated with Manene. But actually Team Rocket got May's Pokemon Egg. So James traded May's Pokemon Egg back and she traded James's Manene back too. A Golem Mecha Robot with a Rocket sign on its head(Team Rocket's mecha)tried to catch Pikachu & Elekid but Ash orders Phanpy to attack the Golem Mecha Robot with a Rollout but gets knocked out. But suddenly Ash's Phanpy actually glows and evolve into a Donphan. Ash orders Donphan to use Rollout to stop the robot from attacking & Donphan finishes Team Rocket's robot off with a Hyper Beam. Its attacks of Ash's Donphan can use anytime for training for the Battle Pike: Tackle, Defense Curl, Take Down, Rollout, Earthquake, Hidden Power & Hyper Beam. Too bad May's egg haven't hatch this episode.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom