• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review AG166: The Red Lightning of Skyscrapers!

Geodude said:
"Johto" also means "wait".
Uh, that's "chotto."

FabuVinny said:
What does May say to cheer the girl up? I caught "Pokémon contest" a couple of times.
Haruka: "Luna-chan. I'm on a long journey with my little bother and everyone."
Luna: "Journey...?"
Haruka: "Mm. *nods* I go to Pokémon contests in various cities, and I do stuff like winning and losing, meeting different kinds of people, and [doing something-or-other that involves Pokémon getting better, but I can't quite translate it directly because I can't exactly understand it], and it's lots of fun! But...."
Luna: "But-"
Haruka: "Sometimes... There are times when I want to see Dad and Mom again."
Luna: *o.o*
Haruka: "So I kinda understand how you feel."
Luna: *gasp-yay! ^o^*
Haruka: "Yeah! ...You wanna battle?"
Luna: "A Pokémon battle?"
Haruka: "Yeah! Let's have some fun together!"
Luna: *^____^* "Let's do it!"

Last edited:
"Chotto"? Sounds the same to me. Sounded the same as the word that May has said a couple times when Max has run off and she says "Chotto, Masato!" I thought it meant, "Wait, Max!"

Zhen Lin said:
No, that does not mean wait either.
It doesn't mean wait (that I concede), but it can be used to kind of imply "wait a minute!" [aka "chotto matte"] or "hey!", right?

Anyway, real "wait" is matte/omachi kudasai/machinasai. Yarg.

Ee, pretty song!

Last edited:
You people confuse me with your using of dub names when talking about the original AND using dub names when talking about the dub at the same time. xD;

You're not the only one to be confused by all the 'Original name' talk especially when it's about the pokemon find myself having to look at the dex just to see what 'subame' means or whatever.

I try to say "Haruka" when talking about the Japanese version and "May" when talking about the English dub, but sometimes it's just easier to just go along with what other people say and say, "May says '[Insert (maybe the Japanese, if I feel like it, and) translation here]'". As for the Pokémon themselves, sometimes I give the Japanese names, but much of the time I say, "Screw it, who the hell knows what 'Nokocchi' and 'Yorunozuku' are?"

>>>You're not the only one to be confused by all the 'Original name' talk especially when it's about the pokemon find myself having to look at the dex just to see what 'subame' means or whatever.

... xDDD;;; That's the exact opposite of what I meant. I'd RATHER people say Sabume when talking about Sabume and use its dub name when talking about... whatever its dub name is.
What? I haven't seen a single episode of dubbed AG. ^^;

The Big Al said:
Those here's something they left out. Scizor can FLY.
They didn't leave it out. Scizor flew to avoid Squirtle's attacks but had to come to the ground to have a chance of hitting it. When the ground was made of ice it slipped and by the time it was back in the air Squirtle had caught up with it.

QuietDragon said:
I'd RATHER people say Sabume when talking about Sabume and use its dub name when talking about... whatever its dub name is.
Subame = Taillow.

Maybe the Scizor we saw in the Hoenn League was specially trained to Fly better, as opposed to Luna's Scizor.

FabuVinny said:
They didn't leave it out. Scizor flew to avoid Squirtle's attacks but had to come to the ground to have a chance of hitting it. When the ground was made of ice it slipped and by the time it was back in the air Squirtle had caught up with it.
But don't think it was a little more than stupid on Luna's part to have it try to land on ice?

Scizor went to the ground before she had a chance to realise the conseqences. (It's not as if she would have had much experience with ice.) Had the battle continued, Scizor would have remained in the air.

Pie said:
WHOA!

Okay - still watching the episode but - SOMEONE tell me that I'm not the only one who noticed Ash-tachi arrive at the EXACT SAME ROOFTOP MANSION that the Drowzee and Hypno were at?!

That's not the only reference to "Hypno's Naptime"

hypno_girl.jpg

This girl also appeared in "Hokey Pokeballs."

That girl has been in a ton of episodes, like Oscar.

Didn't that girl say she wanted to be a Nurse in Hypno's Naptime? you know when the kids began to say what they wanted to be when they grew up? And look which Pokemon she has....

There was also a girl with a Chansey in Bad to the Bone, (the episode before the start of the Indigo League Tournament. So it apparently isn't as rare as we first thought.

What did the gang say to TR when they objected to the gang climbing into the balloon?

I think he says, "Team Rocket... now's not the time for fighting! Let's go after the Red Inazuma, quickly!" (It sounds to me like "Roketto-dan... ima wa tatakatterubai(?) ja nai! Hayaku Red Inazuma oounda!" I don't exactly know about the tatakatteru thing, and I would appreciate it if someone helped with that.)

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom