• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

AG186 title revealed

Right, so Drew showing up means they're making a whole episode of CS? Eh, there's more to it than that. -_-

The Battle Pyramid is probably being hyped up as the "final" challenge of AG, so it makes sense that its being saved for the very end.

Scott85 said:
These conspiracy theories are honestly getting ridiculous at this point, even if we are just discussing all possible outcomes, no matter how unlikely most of them are.
Buh-wha?

It is a possible outcome. There's absolutely nothing saying what the fate of the coordinators are. They could continue onto D/P, they could be completely written out (pissing off a ton of fans), or there could be a spin-off (although the "not enough time or effort" rebuttal does make that one less likely). There's no way to say what this title means unless you've actually seen the episode, it's completely up to interpretation.

Anyways, I'm certainly hoping this means Drew, Harley, and maybe Saori continue into D/P. The show would be lacking without them now that they've been introduced. :/

The only way May, contests and the established rivals will go is if the writers have a new, involving sidequest set for the next saga... So their fate basically hinges on what Game Freak have been working on for D/P.

There will be some resolution in this episode, though. ContestShipping has been so prominent in this saga that it has to be a factor of that. I just wish I knew the circumstances in which they are calling themselves "rivals forever".

They might not necessarily say "rivals forever" to each other. I have a hard time picturing Drew saying it, at least.

I doubt May's leaving at the end of this saga because of Munchlax and the fact that Eevee hasn't evolved yet. Plus, she's popular as hell. Though it'll be worth checking if there are contests in the D/P games, all the same.

I'm guessing the as-of-yet unknown title to 185 will give us some context as to why Haruka, Shuu, and Harley are together again so soon after the GF has ended.

It could just be that they meet up at random.

I wonder if May finds out about contests in the Shinou region in this episode?

It'll certainly be better then how all three rivals magically showed up in Kanto together.

Really, May only went to Kanto because Ash was there, but we have no idea why Drew and Harley went there too. Was it all one big conincidence? None of these three keep in contact with each other off screen, yet they all magically showed up in the same region together.

At least now, in this episode Drew could mention the Shinou region for the first time, which of course will get Ash excited, and at the same time May and Harley could hear about the Contests there. (Assuming there are Contests there, of course)

At least this way it'll be believable as to how all three of them show up in the same region together, unlike the major coincidence it was in Kanto.

Perhaps Drew and Harley stalked May to Kanto? :p

Nah, it'd make sense for Shinou to get a namecheck in this ep. Like, Drew could say he's going there, so May will want to go too, and Harley will eavesdrop and decide to follow her again. Or something.

I don't think May went to Kanto because of Ash, though... I thought that she only made up her mind to travel in Kanto once she heard about the contests, and then when Ash told her about the Battle Frontier, she thought it'd be cool if they could travel together again? Something like that. I can't entirely remember.

Jo-Jo said:
I don't think May went to Kanto because of Ash, though... I thought that she only made up her mind to travel in Kanto once she heard about the contests, and then when Ash told her about the Battle Frontier, she thought it'd be cool if they could travel together again? Something like that. I can't entirely remember.

I think it is as you say. She went to Kanto because of the Contests.

Kasumi-san said:
I think it is as you say. She went to Kanto because of the Contests.

Maybe so, but it is still unclear if she knew there were Contests in Kanto before she arrived. The first thing she did was ring Ash's doorbell in Kanto. Of course Delia opened the door since he was at Oaks instead, but that's beside the point. She must have really been eager to travel with Ash again, considering they were only apart for about a day before she hopped on the nearest ferry by herself to Kanto. Hell, she didn't even know Max was in Kanto, (her line was, "Max? What are you doing here?"), so it certainly wasn't for her brother.

Scott85 said:
Was it all one big conincidence? None of these three keep in contact with each other off screen, yet they all magically showed up in the same region together.
We know that May keeps in contact with all her one-time rivals, so it would make sense if Drew was in on it. I wouldn't be surprised if Harley was watching it, either.

More to the point.

Why would Contesta and the Head of the Pokemon Fan Club be there at every contest? In every Region?

Maybe the contests just tour region to region, so everyone followed them there.

Each region has different announcers and regular contests, though. Contesta and Head of the Pokémon Fan Club probably just travel a lot.

FabuVinny said:
We know that May keeps in contact with all her one-time rivals, so it would make sense if Drew was in on it. I wouldn't be surprised if Harley was watching it, either.

We know for a fact that May and Drew don't keep in contact with each other off screen. Everytime they see each other, they're surprised. Drew is also a very anti-social person, I very much doubt him and May are sending e-mails with hearts on them to each other behind the scenes.

In fact, they've shown in this GF that Saori is one of Drew's only friends, and he doesn't keep in contact with anyone else. And as for Harley, well, that one should be obvious. :p

May has been surprised but Drew seems to know where she is, especially for the two contests he appeared at. Harley and Drew must be tracking her somehow.

Well then they're stalking her, not keeping in contact. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, May herself doesn't even know where the Contests are located half the time. Either someone tells her the location of the next Contest, or Max looks on his PokeNav. If May herself doesn't know where she's going, (plus she's sidetracked all the time because she follows where Ash goes too), how does it make sense that her rivals know what Contest she's headed to?

And yet, there Drew was... twice. Harley was only at the last contest because of May as well.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom