• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Alola Variant Pokemon: Thoughts and Predictions

Favourite Alolan form so far?

• Total voters
Alolan Geodude would make a fine rock/fighting type. (with Solid Rock)

In the anime in Kanto Geodude took part in a fighting tournament?

Digglet ground/fairy or ground/electric, whats more posibble?

I'm not sure if you've seen leaks or not yet so
i think alolan Golem is more likely to be electric/rock, it resembles a magnetic rock known as magnetite. As for Diglett and Dugtrio, I think ground/fire might work, if the theory is correct that its hair is based on Pele's hair (look it up on Wikipedia if you haven't seen it, it actually makes sense). But, I guess fairy could work too since they seem to do whatever they want down at GF.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if you've seen leaks or not yet so
Thanks for putting it in spoiler bar I always have a problem with it.
I see it the first time. i rather look at the blond hair, there is no way for dire there(there to many water pokes for that) and that one of them looks like a sumo fighter or a "sumo judge".

Alolan Marowak is pretty neat. The Ghost typing really plays a nice reference to the Ghost of the pokemon tower. As part Fire, it can now counter it's Grass and Ice weaknesses that a regular one usually has.

Alolan Geodude would make a fine rock/fighting type. (with Solid Rock)

In the anime in Kanto Geodude took part in a fighting tournament?

Digglet ground/fairy or ground/electric, whats more posibble?
On tumblr someone mentioned that dugtrio's wigs might be based on pele's hair (strand like vulcanic glass) so fairy seems fairly fitting.

It could also maybe be part water type? Or normal? Due to what it might be based on id say fire, but there's just nothing fire type ish about it...

From the stream today, Alolan Meowth looks positively adorable and smug. Too bad it evolves into something so derpy. It's like the Glameow situation all over again.
Or the Litten situation. Gamefreak's only great cat final evolution is Delcatty (unless you count Absol or Eeveelutions) and it's stats and typing are awful, making it impossible to use in competition or serious battles.

Back
Top Bottom