• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Am I the only one around here who...

Well it is true that the previous four generation do have Pokémon with a bad design, but I just find that Unova had the most. Literally the only Pokémon that I find are awesome are just the legendary and the starters (but not their evolutions). I don't why though, this didn't happen to me when I play Gen IV.
This may sound crazy, but look past the designs. A lot of Pokemon that I thought were hideous made their way on my team and I fell in love with them. Sawk? Ugly. Then I caught one and he won a special place in my heart. Sigilyph? Get that thing away from me! Then I started training one and it completely wowed me with its power. Roggenrolla? No thanks, until I worked with it.

Or to put it another way: at one point I thought Golett was a bit ugly. Now, that little golem's the cutest thing I've ever seen. Mew's got nothing on my precious little shiny Golett, Guardian. :crush:

Am i the only one who thinks you should be able to rename Pokemon from another game that do not have a nickname already
No, because I never liked the ALL CAPS from the previous Gens. Why is my Pokemon yelling at me?
Am I the only one who has multiples of the same Pokemon just for the hell of it?
:sweatlol: Let's just say "no" and leave it at that. (I've nearly filled a sixth box with abandoned shiny Automatons! I can't help it--I love them!!)
Am I the only one here who dosen't like Roaming Legendaries at all and think they are more trouble then they are worth to catch usually and wishes they wouldn't make any more?
Certainly not. Latios from Ruby pretty much scarred me for life and I've detested Roamers ever since. And I mean, I HATE Roamers. They end up seeing the business end of a Master Ball when I finally catch up to them.

Am I the only one here who wishes an unnamed foreign Pokemon would just keep its foreign name upon evolving? I'd really like to see my Japanese Golett go from ゴビット to ゴルーグ rather than ゴビットto Golurk. Maybe that's just me.

No, You aren't :D

Am I the only one here who read the whole above post instead of rudely skipping it? :p

Am I the only one here who dosen't like Roaming Legendaries at all and think they are more trouble then they are worth to catch usually and wishes they wouldn't make any more?

GOD, NO. You're not alone in this one. I HATE Roaming Pokémon. Cresselia rot my life for five whole years until I FINALLY caught it this July.

Am I the only one who thinks the Dusk Ball release animation is the coolest ever?

Nope! I find them funny to try x3
Am I the only one who runs around a new city/area forever before I get that place's gym badge?

Nope! I find them funny to try x3
Am I the only one who runs around a new city/area forever before I get that place's gym badge?

No, I'm always looking for items and stuff. Plus if there is a long stretch of ground it's a good place to try and hatch eggs. And waste time when I should be training for the Guym leader, lol.

Am I the only one who wish games would go back to the day when ALL legendary Pokemon stayed in one place and DIDN'T roam?

@scarlettpeony I think you are.

Am I the only one who really wants all Pokemon to be treated equally?

Am I the only one who nicknames ever single Pokémon I catch/breed?

and another one: Am I the only one who was incredibly disappointed that you got the trainer card star in Gen 4 games for winning the master rank of ONE category only in Contests, opposed to beating all ranks in Gen 3 for the same star?

No, I did that to a certain point. And I think so.

Am I the only one to have caught 3 Audino?

Am I the only one who nicknames ever single Pokémon I catch/breed?

No, I do that ALL the time. I even have an Action Replay code that allows me to nickname Pokemon obtained in events and trades. I also only trade for nicknamed Pokemon. A tiny bit of creative effort is not that hard. I don't care if your Woobat is simply called "Batty" or "Woot!", I'll take him.

This will seem weird, but I'm sure I'm the only one who HATES the female player characters. Yes, even though I'm a girl too. It's not their gender I hate, it's the fact that they're 1) unnecessary, and 2) exist for nothing other than fanservice. Seriously, with the sole exception of Mei, all the girls have been showing all their legs, or zettai ryouiki in the case of Dawn and Lyra.

It's disgusting, and it really really REALLY ticks me off that so far only Gold has shown his legs, and not a single guy has gone sleeveless OR is less-dressed than the heroine. BW is the most blatant, where Hilda might as well be naked while Hilbert gets to go dressed head-to-toe. I wish female player characters never existed in the first place, I hate all of them, or rather their reason for existence. I sincerely hope in Gen 6 we can see a boy barely dressed even though he's 10, while the girl is all fully clothed head to toe. But of course, no-one will play if they can't see their sexualized 10-year-old heroines. Ugh.

...haha, I kinda ranted there. But that's how I truly feel, and I'm pretty sure I'm the only one, too. Sigh.

This will seem weird, but I'm sure I'm the only one who HATES the female player characters. Yes, even though I'm a girl too. It's not their gender I hate, it's the fact that they're 1) unnecessary, and 2) exist for nothing other than fanservice. Seriously, with the sole exception of Mei, all the girls have been showing all their legs, or zettai ryouiki in the case of Dawn and Lyra.

I don't hate them, per se, but I agree with all the things you stated. Still, it would sort of alienate female players (such as ourselves) if there wasn't a female character.

Leavanny said:

Hmm, not really, but I'm on my 2nd, so...

Am I the only one here who has never even encountered a shiny? Seriously, I have the most rotten luck ever.

I don't hate them, per se, but I agree with all the things you stated. Still, it would sort of alienate female players (such as ourselves) if there wasn't a female character.

Leavanny said:

Hmm, not really, but I'm on my 2nd, so...

Am I the only one here who has never even encountered a shiny? Seriously, I have the most rotten luck ever.

Nope. I've never encountered a legit shiny (Gyrados doesn't count).
And I agree that the heroines are waaay too sexualized. They're also always super-skinny and pale, what kind of message does that send? Still I don't feel right playing as a boy...so I just kind of ignore the clothing (you don't see it that much anyways).

Am I the only one here who doesn't like Snivy?

It was perfectly fine in RBY and GS, wasn't it? D8 I guess it's because since 2003 I've always played as a boy character when a gender choice was available, that I forget that sometimes people prefer to play the same gender as themselves. "OTL If the girl PCs weren't just sex appeal, I wouldn't mind them indeed. It's rather sad.

As for shinies, you're not alone. I have 3 younger sisters, and all of us except one have found a natural shiny. That sister has never even got an event shiny, the poor thing.

Am I the only one here who doesn't like Snivy?

No, I've played through White with all 3 starters, and Snivy remains the only one I've never again. His movepool is rather weak, and he doesn't compare to the other grass types of the generation. I'll take a Sawsbuck, Leavanny, or Lilligant with Own Tempo any day over a Servine. I also don't really like the look of any of the stages.

Am I the only one who doesn't care if there is a remake of Generation 3?

No, I did that to a certain point. And I think so.

I beilve I caught a Level 3 Audino before. Ether that or it was Level 4, 5, or 2.

Am I the only one who haxes like the CPU trainers?

No, Three Audino as in "really caught 3 audino".

And maybe.

Am I the only one to have been forced to change starters twice?

Am I the only one who plays Pokémon non-stop for around six months, and then gets bored and doesn't touch the game again for around another six months or so? Right now I'm on my break. It's been a month and a half since I played for the last time...

Am I the only one who plays Pokémon non-stop for around six months, and then gets bored and doesn't touch the game again for around another six months or so? Right now I'm on my break. It's been a month and a half since I played for the last time...

Nah. I go through stages of play, too. Right now I'm actively playing, though.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom