• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Arceus vs Rayquaza!!!!!!!

The_Ideal_Dragon

I like turtles
Reaction score
I searched for this and couldn't find it, so here we go for the classic showdown of everybody's favorite overrated legends!!!!!!! I mean, there has been stuff like this on other forums, but I wanted to see what you guys thought.

Rayquaza has a special place in my heart and mind after ORAS. I love the look of its Mega Evolution, I love how wonderfully broken it is, and the new lore makes it into this very compassionate and benevolent beast.

Arceus is cool, but mostly just creator deity #[XYZ]. It doesn't stand out quite as much for me when placed next to Mega Ray. Although I do think that its unreleased event stands out...Despite how simple it is, the Hall of Origin is eerie, mysterious, and awe-inspiring at the same time. That floating piece of glass, hanging high up above the tallest mountain peak in Pokemon, is where all life began. I wish we got to go there officially.

Arceus hasn't ever really done much to earn my admiration. It's really hard to obtain legitimately and lore states that it created the Poke-universe as we know it. Oh, and it has a battle theme comprised mostly of drums. Not my favorite theme, to say the least. Its ability also hampers it; it's only relevant if you make Arceus hold a Plate, forcing u=you to choose between either making use of the ability or using an item.

Rayquaza, on the other hand, might as well be regarded as a god. In-game lore may not hold it in a lofty position like Arceus, but ever since Gen III, it's been the favorite draconic powerhouse of both casual players, hardcore competitors, and even random onlookers who have no idea what's going on. Its Mega form is so overpowered, an entire tier was created to accommodate it. Unlike other Megas, it doesn't need a Mega Stone, so it can have its absurd stat boosts, useful ability, AND whatever item you want it to hold. Plus, in ORAS, it's even directly referred to as "Lord Rayquaza." Arceus has no such reverent title.

tl;dr: Rayquaza has the looks, stats and tier-breaking Mega to back up its popularity, and is recognized and greatly revered even in-game. Arceus doesn't do or have any of this.

Rayquaza, because it has a better design imo and more interesting lore. Mega Rayquaza is also far more powerful in-battle, despite Arceus being the creator of Sinnoh and the master of six different legendaries.

I just came on to check results and I see new formula. I kinda like the old one better... anybody agree? Also, Arceus is more powerful than Rayquaza. Look it up and find a video that isn't a hack, if you can.

Arceus is alright but I've never really considered him as anything amazing. Rayquaza is my hands down favorite Pokemon and his Mega only makes him better.

Not considering Megas... Arceus for the win, in competitive with him being able to be any type make him unpredictable till he's out there plus his move pool is freaking huge, I love Rayray don't get me wrong but until he mega evolves that 4x ice weakness, Mold Breaker/Teravolt, plus the advent of Fairies has hampered him...I am waiting for Arceus's mega/primal/awakening because I feel its unfair that our beloved legends Mewtwo and Rayquaza got one but not the creator himself...but then he'd have an 820 base stat total and what kind of ability would you give him (keeps Multitype or nullifies all types)

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom