• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ash's Hypothetical Galar Team

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Let's say (hypothetically, of course), Ash's last adventure as the protagonist had him going through Galar on a standard Badge Quest. What would his team be based on patterns from his past teams (if there were any) for the adventure? We can all agree that Pikachu and at least one of the Galar Starters would be on the team.

Last edited:
Well... assuming they wanted Ash to round out his roster with all types, he would probably get more than six
Pikachu
Sobble > Drizzle > Inteleon
Grookey > Thwacky > Rillaboom
Galar Farfetch'd > Sirfetch'd
Impidimp > Morgrem > Grimmsnarl
Mr Rime
Copperajah > G-Max
Dragapult

Well... assuming they wanted Ash to round out his roster with all types, he would probably get more than six
Pikachu
Sobble > Drizzle > Inteleon
Grookey > Thwacky > Rillaboom
Galar Farfetch'd > Sirfetch'd
Impidimp > Morgrem > Grimmsnarl
Mr Rime
Copperajah > G-Max
Dragapult
I think Dracovish should be there as well since it is a Gen 8 Pokemon like Sirfetch'd.

I'm currently doing a what if on my Youtube channel based around this idea, and this is the team I gave him;

Intelleon, Corviknight, Coalassal, Sirfetch'd, and Dracovish in addition to Pikachu. Sirfetch'd and Dracovish are the offical Galar Pokemon he got so I felt he should keep them. Intelleons fit him the most out of all of the starters, imo. He usually gets an early route flying type so I thought he should have Corviknight. And Coalassal was to give him a fire-type, and a more bulky Pokémon for his team.

My guess:
  1. Pikachu (yes)
  2. Corviknight (mandatory Regional Bird/Flying-type, and a very cool one too)
  3. Rillaboom (out of the Galar starters I personally think that this one fits Ash the best)
  4. Dracovish (he already had this one canonically, so I don't see why any reason to remove it)
  5. Galarian Rapidash (this one is here mainly to check off the Fairy and Psychic-types off the list of types Ash hadn't officially caught beyond Mr. Mime (who in my humble opinion doesn't count). I know it's not a "true" Gen 8 Pokemon, but my one other option was Hatterene, who'd most definitely be the main Pokemon of Bede anyway)
  6. Urshifu Single Strike (this one would've been the Regional Ace/Lucario stand-in)

My ideal full Galar team for Ash:

- Pikachu (for obvious reason)

- Galarian Farfetch’d > Sirfetch’d (since Ash already owns one conically)

- Dracovish (same reason as above)

- Sobble > Drizzile > Inteleon ( I can totally see Ash raising a timid crybaby Sobble and encouraging it to become stronger, and eventually become one of Ash’s aces that has the most development in the series ala Infernape)

- Impidimp > Morgrem > Grimsnarl (I could see as being the mischievous Pokemon that doesn’t fully obey him until Ash “earns it’s respect)

- Rokidee > Corvisquire > Corviknight (Ash’s mandatory regional bird/flying type, and it also looks cool and definitely fits Ash)

I think Dracovish should be there as well since it is a Gen 8 Pokemon like Sirfetch'd.

Honestly, i am a fool. Dracovish is my favorite gen 8 mon and i totally forgot Ash already has one.

Just like others, i am going to give my reasonings for Ash owning them

Inteleon > Fits Ash the best, since he usually gets a starter that is really timid or has a backstory. As such, Sobble line fits him the best.
Rillaboom > Will stand out amongst the other Grass starters, as its shiny. Where Sobble is the timid one, Grookey is the rebellious one, since Ash found it in the wild Area, it being rejected by the Silverback Rillaboom for being a different color (Rillaboom as such has the backstory, which is also new since that hasn't happened with the Grass starter yet).
Sirfetch'd > Being a battle-hardened pokemon, he joins Ash after seeing its prowess, having tied with Pikachu. Early on, Farfetch'd takes the timid Sobble under it wing as its father-figure and is annoyed by Grookey constantly picking fights with Sobble.
Grimmsnarl > Caught in Glimwood Tangle. Its a mischevous Pokemon.
Mr. Rime > After Ash brought his Mr. Mime in for some training time with Grimmsnarl (To teach Grimmsnarl Light Screen), Mr. Rime watches from a distance. He eventually joins Ash and Mr. Mime and he and Mr. Mime develop a friendship. Mr. Rime proves to be a reliable battler, bringing Ash the win against Gordie, despite a type disadvantage.
Dracovish > Obtained after revived from a fossil. Becomes a reliable and stronger partner and develops a friendship with Rillaboom and Grimmsnarl. Eventually send to Oaks lab, so Oak and Tracey can observe it, as Ash's Dracovish is the first revived Dracovish fossil in the modern world.
Copperajah > A Gigantic Copperajah goes haywire in the Wild Area (Which has a couple of villages and farms). Ash and his companions (Sonia and Gloria) are going to help them. Ash uses Inteleon, Rillaboom and Sirfetch'd to calm down the Copperajah, which shrinks in size. They discover its wounded and bring it to Nurse Joy and after its brought back to full health, it decides to join Ash. Becomes Ash's Gigantamax Pokemon and second strongest Galar Pokemon behind Sirfetch'd
Dragapult - Ash catches it after having battled Dreepy. Becomes a reliable teammember.

Sirfetch'd, Inteleon and Rillaboom would battle the most out of the team, but there isn't a truly dedicated ace.

For the starter it could go two ways:
  • If the 3-1-2 pattern is kept, then Ash would have to get all three, which would be feasible as all three are balanced type-wise and fulfill different roles and personalities.
  • If the pattern is not kept, then it would depend on who his companions are and who would be more fitting for who. But I would rule out Rillaboom, as neither it or Thwackey were that popular and the former would be hindered by his constant use of the drum. Cinderace is perfect for him with its get-going personality and marketable design, and Inteleon would be interesting for battles with its secret weapons. I'd vote Cinderace but it would have gone either way.
Now as for the others let's look at the Journeys team and the role they played.
  • Sirfetch'd: Regional evolution, moderately popular-Maaaybe Obstagoon could fit but I can't see them replacing it.
  • Dracovish: Powerful goofy baby-already Galarian but for fun's sake let's say it's replaced by the starter.
  • Lucario: Shonen hero that needs training-Urshifu, no contest.
  • Gengar: Jack of all trades, mischievous, preferably Gigantamax-able, easy to animate. Grimmsnarl gives very similar vibes and gives Ash his first Fairy-type (Gengar actually had a Fairy-type move for a while).
  • Dragonite: Friendly, long-range attacked, flying, powerhouse. I'm kinda tired to see Corviknight proposed everywhere so let's go with Dragapult, Flapple or Frosmoth. I'd go with Frosmoth since it has very unique types and makes a good contrast with the others, also Snom would give Caterpie vibes.
So Pikachu/Cinderace/Sirfetch'd/Urshifu/Grimmsnarl/Frosmoth

Though Galarian Darmanitan could replace Sirfetch'd too, so another option could be Pikachu/Cinderace/G-Darmanitan/Urshifu/Grimmsnarl/Dragapult

Back
Top Bottom