• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ATEE: Partners in Crime *Me (That Guy) and Alex64*

Re: ATEE: The Salmon Of Doubt *Me (That Guy) and Alex64*

"I guess we'll see."
"Ooh, that's nasty," Harman was saying to himself as he observed the dead woman in the next room.
"Looks like someone broke in and strangled her with her own hair, the sick pervert..."
"I wouldn't be so sure about that, Theo."

"Hm." Harman produced a camera from some hammerspace about his person. "At any rate, we'll need some kind of evidence to work with."
He proceeded to take pictures of the scene- not just the body, but apparently-unrelated things like the area around the window and the décor of the room.
"...Sorry about all this," Theodore said quietly, to Team Gemini so his partner wouldn't hear. "He's pretty good once he finds a lead. Usually."

"He either solves cases or just stops halfway through one to take up another. One of his latest ones involved some guy who wanted to take over Switzerland or something like that."
"Well, if he's so slapdash, why do you work with him?" Megan asked.
"It's long, complicated and involved sticky legal issues and hypnosis."

"Yeah; he can be pretty tricky when he tries to be. I work with him mostly because we've been best friends for years, but also because he's blackmailing me with a trigger word that makes me--"
"I think we're done here," Harman announced, coming back to the group. "We should be getting back to the office, and it would be of some use to you three if you did, too."
Megan looked dismayed. "B-but--!"
"No buts. It'll be worth all our whiles, so to speak."

"You'll still be of use," he said, turning flamboyantly and proceeding to leave the cabin.
"Translation: he'll find some way of making you fit in with his 'interconnectedness' thing," Theodore said tiredly before going, too.

"I blame our parents," Megan said decisively. "There can't be any other explanation for it."

Megan reluctantly accompanied as they were led outside. Harman had, quite carelessly, parked his car not fifty metres from the cabin, despite the trees and the weather, as even now, it was starting to rain. That did not bode well, owing to the evident age of his car, considering it was an Austin Princess, a make that had been out of production since the mid-70s. Unperturbed, the eccentric detective got in, as did his accomplice, eager, despite his part-floral nature, to get out of the rain before it got any heavier.

Megan got in too, and shut the door as Harman turned the key in the ignition. Nothing happened. He tried again. Still nothing.
"Broken down again? I told you, Harman, you need a newer car..."
"No," he insisted, still trying the ignition. "The Princess just needs a little love." Finally, he managed to get the car started. "There we go!"
With absolutely no regard for safety whatsoever, he reversed violently, performed a quick and dangerous three-point turn, and drove out of the resort the same way he had come in, if the tracks in the forest floor were anything to go by. With no warning, he made a sharp right turn after a minute or so, and drove up the hill, emerging on the main road at the top, and then resumed driving like an ordinary, sane road user.

"You get used to it sooner or later," Theodore tried to assure them. "...At least, that's what he keeps telling me..."

Considering Harman's sporadic bursts of driving like a maniac, it was hard to judge how far away his so-called office was from the lakeside resort, but it hadn't taken them long to get there. Presently, they came upon a building of medium height, and it was, judging by the fact that Harman and Theodore were almost mindlessly getting out of the car, their destination.
The building itself appeared to be a disused office block-- another sign, alongside his car, that Harman was not so financially well-off. A smallish, gold-coloured plaque next to the door declared the place to be 'Ayres Island Holistic Detective Agency', under which was the agency's phone number. Beneath the plaque sat a doorbell, which Harman did not bother using, unlocking the front door and leading them straight in. The exterior had not been deceitful; the inside seemed just as run-down as the outside.
"Don't worry," Harman assured them. "We only use the second floor, and we keep that a lot cleaner than the floors we don't use."
"We could just hire a cleaner," Theodore told him, in a manner that suggested he had said this a thousand times before.
Harman cast him a sideways glance, and quietly, but impatiently, replied, "I told you, I'm not paying that woman another penny until she resolves the situation with our fridge back home, a'ight?"

Travis was about to ask about this, but decided against it; with these two, he'd learned, it was one eccentricity after another.

Back
Top Bottom