• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

ATEE: Partners in Crime *Me (That Guy) and Alex64*

Re: ATEE: The Salmon Of Doubt *Me (That Guy) and Alex64*

This was probably a wise move. Upstairs, the building began to resemble some kind of office, though it was barely better-maintained than the other floors of the building. This floor had been split into two uneven halves by a wall with a standard door in the middle, which repeated the name of the agency on its window. However, this could not presently be seen, as it was already open. Beyond it, while the floor itself was clear enough, on either side of the room sat a desk- one each for the two detectives, it seemed- both cluttered to the edges with what one could only refer to as stuff.
"What a mess..." Megan said, shaking her head disapprovingly. "Are you two sure you're with the police?"
"We're not," Harman grinned. "We're technically freelance."

"More luck than judgement," Theodore said with a shrug.
"Never mind that-- if you two aren't police," Megan continued, "how did you find out about the body in our cabin?"
"Simple," Harman imparted, unfazed, and perhaps even delighted to share the idea. "We tap all of the police's incoming calls. We heard the whole thing."
"...Is that even legal?"
"What's your point?"

Ignoring this, Harman made his way to the desk on the left, behind which was a wall covered in what looked like layer after layer of white paint, on top of which was some kind of diagram connecting names and various other thoughts, all, apparently, pertaining to a case he was working on. He produced a marker from his desk, and added a circle containing the name 'Lake Vellir' to the diagram, pondered for a moment, and added an arbitrary line linking it to the middle of the diagram.

"Just putting it in with the other details of this case."
"Other details? But...it's just one murder."
"One of quite a few, to be exact. That woman you found hasn't been the first one to die in the last couple of days."
"I'm with you guys," Theodore admitted. "I think they're all just a series of unfortunate coincidences, but Harman will just keep insisting about the 'fundamental interconnectedness of all things' and treat them all as one big case." He shook his head. "He's not the easiest colleague to work with in the world, but I've yet to see him fail to close a case..."

Travis piped up, "Yeah, but it really concerns me that this hasn't been the first murder around here."

"You know what's funny about the whole thing? We haven't taken on nearly as many cases this last week as we usually do in a week."
"Are you saying that's got something to do with the murders?" Megan asked.
Harman shrugged.
"Probably. Everything's fundamentally interconnected, after all."

"He says that, sure," Theodore said, "but I couldn't find anything that interconnects the victims themselves. I think he's grasping at straws, as it were, this time."

Last edited:

"Well, I haven't done any background-checks on the latest victim, obviously. Maybe she's the missing link...but I highly doubt it."

He sighed as Harman inhaled to speak, resulting in them both saying, in unison, "Fundamental interconnectedness." It was after that that Theodore's weary voice stopped, though Harman delightedly said the mantra in full.

Harman's grin was then interrupted by the agency's doorbell being rung. He leaned back to look out of the window at the back of the room, which was right next to his desk, and smiled.
"Now what could they want? ...Go and let them in before they start a riot, Theo."
Theodore shook his head with disapproval, already going.

Back
Top Bottom