• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Event Autumn 2023 One-shot Contest Discussion Thread

Well, I tried as hard as I possibly could these last few days, and I felt like I was always just within reach of my entry being finished — but even after the (very generous) extension to the deadline, mine still won't be in a complete enough state to post until probably very late this evening, or potentially even tomorrow after Halloween. It was fun while it lasted, but I've come to terms with the fact that I was too ambitious and didn't manage my time well enough while I had it.

I already feel really bad holding you guys up, so if everyone's all set to move on to the next round, I'll be here rooting for ya. Well done everyone!

I already feel really bad holding you guys up, so if everyone's all set to move on to the next round, I'll be here rooting for ya. Well done everyone!
apology only accepted if you post it in the end (no worries oki!! sad you couldn't make it, but it is what it is... if you feel comfortable about it in the end though, we'd all love to see!)

Well, I tried as hard as I possibly could these last few days, and I felt like I was always just within reach of my entry being finished — but even after the (very generous) extension to the deadline, mine still won't be in a complete enough state to post until probably very late this evening, or potentially even tomorrow after Halloween. It was fun while it lasted, but I've come to terms with the fact that I was too ambitious and didn't manage my time well enough while I had it.

NooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOO.... I hope you will still finish your fic and post it!! I'm really excited to read it... T_T You worked very hard and I'd hate for that to go to waste!!

I've read everyone's entry (I hope) and I'd love to read the ones that hadn't been posted within the deadline!

Also, would it be O.K. to leave a short review? I've never written any, but some of the fics made me want to try! (They're so good!)

Also, would it be O.K. to leave a short review? I've never written any, but some of the fics made me want to try! (They're so good!)
Of course!! That’d be very sweet of you, everyone would love that!! There are a few I want to leave personal reviews on as well (including yours!!), but I’m withholding myself till judging is over since I’m one of said judges. (Also have some personal author’s notes to make on mine after judging as well)

Gonna be hard to save my compliments LOL

Emergency Nemona Extension: for the time being, you'll have like... let's say the next 6 hours or so, then we can regroup until then, I guess? this is quite unprecedented lol.. so we may do it for longer
Alright: I think I'll say that we can have the new end date be in about 7 hours and 45 minutes, at 11:59 PM, October 31 EST. Things seem to be calmed down thankfully, but please take this as your last call to turn things in!

(pokes head in) Errr...has voting started yet? Didn't see anything and started wondering if I had missed it somehow, so I wanted to ask.
Hiya! We're finishing up judging as soon as we can, and after we get that done, we're planning on opening up public votes! As our schedules shift, though, we may open up public voting as we're still finishing up. Apologies for the wait, but no, you haven't missed anything yet!

Where can I read these? I missed my chance to enter but I’d like to vote tomorrow!
The links to them should be here on this thread (I know the link to mine is). Also, on the main section (where all the fanfics go) all the ones that are for the contest will have that as part of the title so that people know.

Thank you for posting it, Lisia!! And good luck everyone!! Thank you to everyone who read my fic, it was definitely my most ambitious piece… So I can’t wait to give my author’s notes! I loved reading everyone’s and would also love to give some personal feelings after the contest!

Back
Top Bottom