• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

+Battle School Chronicles+ [Non-Pokémon RPG]

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverlordRuby

Paint it black
Reaction score
This is a futuristic RPG. Characters, weapons, locations, and most everything is based on the book Ender's Game by Orsen Scott Card. You aren't required to have read the novel, as many concepts are relatively simple.

Plot:

Many years in the future, humans and Formics -- also called buggers -- fight to survive in the Milky Way Galaxy. The Formics have attacked Earth twice, and are suspected to launch another attack within the next few years. To insure their safety, humans have begun sending children to a special space school at a tender age. This school is called the Battle School, and it is the location of military training for child prodigies. Within the school hundreds of children -- mostly boys -- learn tactical strategies and how to survive in zero-gravity. Everyone is in a team with names like Phoenix, Rat, and Salamander. These teams battle against each other in capsules -- called Battle rooms -- that lack any gravity. Within each team are commanders and toon leaders that control their comrades in the battles and keep things running smoothly. In each team there are forty children. Winning a battles makes a soldier's rating rise.

Rules:

~No controlling other member's characters. You can control NPC's in your team if you are a commander or toon leader.
~Post should be made in the third person
~No weapons are allowed; the school supplies laser guns
~Your character will have to be around 6-12, as the children are in the book. This doesn't restrict what you can say, though. After all, you are RPing as a genius.
~Please, please, please make decent posts. Check for grammatical errors and spelling mistakes.
~No romance. Most of the NPC's will be boys, and most of you probably will be too. Besides, this is a battle school. You don't have time for stuff like that.
~I will give a two day warning for battles. If you can't make it then, PM me and I'll try to change it. I will give more information about battles in the start-up.
~Put the word 'Sy-fy' somewhere in your post so I know you read the rules

NPC's (that I will control):

~Colonel Graff (the Battle School's 'headmaster')
~Major Anderson (sets up battle scenarios and congratulates the victors)
~Opposing teams. Everyone will be in one of four teams, so I will control the rest.

Sign-up Template:

Character's Name:
Character's Nickname: (optional)
Appearance:
Personality (the nine alignments work here):
Team: Either Phoenix, Salamander, Griffin, or Tiger team. I will notify within the thread when one team is closed.
Commander, Toon Leader, or Soldier: there are only four commanders allowed. There are four toon leaders in a team (16).

My Sign-up:

Character's name: Tyler Grey
Character's Nickname: N/A
Appearance: Dark brown hair, middle-height, blue eyes
Personality: Usually friendly unless angered, likes to practice in the Battle Room, good leader
Team: Tiger
C/TL/S: Commander

Last edited:
Character's Name: Taya [ty - ah] Caimen [kay-mehn]
Character's Nickname: Tai [t-aye]
Appearance: Fairly tall, and one of the older students. Dirty blonde hair that falls down her back, a side-fringe that covers her left eye, and a thin, wiry frame. She also possesses large, steely-blue eyes. Normally has large bags under her eyes.
Personality: She's cold, not unfriendly, but doesn't talk much. When she does talk it's usually something intelligent though - the girl is a tactical genius. She may not work well with others but boy can she lead them, and that's where her skills lie. Probably one of her worst flaws is the fact that she feels superior - she's conceited, too much so to be healthy.
Team: Salamander
Commander, Toon Leader, or Soldier: Commander

^ Accepted!

Female Characters left: 7

Commanders left: 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom