• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BMG Veterans

I might have been on the old board as rgmusashi...

Ah memories thread. It's good to go back to the old days. I really missed how BMG was a dominant Pokemon hub up there with the greats back in the late 90's such as Pojo and Pokemon Adobe or TPM (well of the ones I can remember). Things have changed a bit now obviously for the better, but its sad to say its not as lively as it once was.

What really kept me comming back was POL. Who didn't want to have a pokemon online game? I was really hoping Koindias had pulled through, but I guess his project caved in along with the fall of the domain.

my old user went along the lines of coolBulba if any one remembers.

The project caved in a long time before the fall of the domain actually. Koni asked Nintendo about the legality of what he was doing, and got a cease and desist letter back from them in reply.

Barb, I'm fairly sure kurenai wasn't SSJupiter81. I still see Wendy occasionally on other anime forums, and she hadn't mentioned coming back.

holy balls. i just visited this site for the first time in what has to be at least 6 years. i was around way back in the day. i dont remember the year. probably 2000. i was around in the heyday of POL and konidias. if i remember correctly my sn was minibeavis7. i made a bunch of sprites for people in all the excitement for POL. i did the fizzy bubbles thing a little. i was an every day visiter for sure.

i just can't believe i remember the names archaic, mcgohan, and metal_ol1. no offense, but talk about wasted brain space. god, the things that stick with you...

Last edited:
kurpit, anywhere else you would be penalized for reviving a long dead thread. I will allow it.

I'm curious to see what happens.

I first visited something called the "Ultimate Episode Guide" for Pokemon in 1999. I didn't know it was hosted by Bulbagarden. Then, when it was subsumed by Bulbagarden, I spent my time lurking. In those days, unregistered guests could post. I remember arguing with Silverblade Damien, then the head admin, about the Pokemon world. Much to my surprise, I won.

Then, I took on Maddy. It went back and forth. Finally, I found a quote at another website where she said doing Pokemon wasn't anything important to her.

I posted it and pwned her.

I think that's the main reason why I was made a mod. Besides promising to write a user's guide to BMGf. Oops.

Interesting thread. I have known about bulbagarden for about 10 years. It first caught my interest because it was the only site that had rare videos of clips from Pocket Monsters and it was really exciting to see these videos in Japanese. I watched them all and Bulbagarden was the only place to find them.

Since then, I've really liked its pokedex. I'm going through Platinum for the first time and it has helped me SO much. If it was only around back in the old old days when I spent hours upon hours trying to catch Taurus. God I hate that pokemon.

I visited way back then every once in a while, but mostly hung around TPM, which remains my main home. The only thing I remember about Bulbagarden was when it went down.

Are you asking that rhetorically or do you want a step by step?
Root cause = boredom.

I used to be part of the community here something like 10 years ago, during the POL time. I even remember characters such as Karma Charmeleon and Rocky Cliffs, and Chris was bulba, Oujosama, the Seraphs. It's been years since I've even thought of this website.

Nostalgia is some crazy @#$!.

I've been Internet-savvy since I was seven and my family got the Internet, so I've naturally also been browsing these sites for a while.

I was a visitor of Bulbagarden in 1999, but I was shy of forums in general until 2006.

I loved the Japanese anime news and the video clips posted in the episode guide section. :]

("Jolt" League FTW. :p)

Not certain if this counts. I've been using Bulbapedia for years. Accidentally came on here once but didn't stay. After my departure from Brawl Central, I remembered this place and came on. Don't exactly know dates though. You guys helped a lot in my fake movesets for Pokemon trainer pokemon.

Not certain if this counts. I've been using Bulbapedia for years. Accidentally came on here once but didn't stay. After my departure from Brawl Central, I remembered this place and came on. Don't exactly know dates though. You guys helped a lot in my fake movesets for Pokemon trainer pokemon.

Please bare with the fact i'm reviving this thread guys..
It's 2013 now and I can see the last post was in 2009.
Anyway talking about BMG VETs, i can sure be counted as such. Getting here in the late 1999 I remember bulbagarden.com/pol being the url for me to be keeping as a favorite.
I spent so many hours browsing the forum, looking if Konidias had brought up a new idea for his sprites or town ideas.
I remember the forum being a place where alot of guys would create badges for guys to join their clan.
Clans were already formed and the potential of the game was big back then.
I still keep a game card somewhere on the internet.
This would be my moving character
mc3g5h.gif

and this would be my game card.
2du9xyw.png

It was created by fans that were very handy with ms paint back in the day:)

I hope my gamer card and moving sprite brings back memories to people who were around back then:)

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom