• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Booster Boxes or Single Booster Packs

Booster Box or Single Booster Packs

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackolas

Reaction score
I'm just wondering how everyone gets hold of their cards. Say, like most TCG players you NEED a couple of Uxie (LA), do you spend the money and buy a whole box (36 packs), or do you minimise the spending and just buy a theme deck and a few boosters and adapt the theme deck as you go?

Or is money just no object in achieving the best deck?!

Last edited:
Please Note: I know Uxie(LA) isn't in a theme deck - it was just an example of a card that most players want in their deck -.-

It depends. I generally buy booster packs simply because a booster box will give me too many extraneous cards, even if it is guaranteed that I'll get what I'm looking for. However, if you're looking for a normal rare like Uxie, buy a box. You'll probably pull a few.

I usually go halves with a friend on a box and we share them out. Then you can spilt up all the common ones you don't need.

But usually I build decks around theme decks to start with. Like Beautifly(Pt)is a major part of my deck at the moment but it's also in the Flourish theme deck. But my trainers fully let me down at the moment. I short of some key trainers so I might have to get a box to boost up the amount of trainers I need :s

I only buy the single booster packs because no stores sell the boxes around where I live.

Back when the TCG was owned by Wizards, ever single store had tons of sealed boxes for sale, but now, it's impossible to find them. If I ever do manage to find a booster box, I'll buy it in a heartbeat.

Just search for them on E-bay. You can buy boxes from reputable sellers on there. It's always worth having a shop around though because the prices vary greatly. I keep stopping myself from buying the original base set booster boxes when I see them -.- I know I can't use them but it's proper nostalgia :)

I bought that HUGE DP Collection Boxes (Like 15 packs and 2 theme decks I think) and got 3 Lv X's. I've bought at least 200 DP packs and I haven't gotten ANY Lv. X's from them. I'm going boxes.
By the way, I despise battling with cards. I only collect for rarity and when I see a card I like, I offer to trade.

I was too concerned about getting my money's worth to risk taking a chance on the individual packs

Booster packs, they're cheap and can help a deck. They are also completely random unlike theme decks. Also, where i live all i can find are booster tins (several booster packs and a lv x card), theme decks, and cardboard blister packs selling several booster packs (usually either several expansions back or THE latest) for one price, and just plain booster packs (only at tcg stores).

I get different tins, although, I also get booster packs.
I do not buy boxes

I've never seen the cards in my life, let alone known how to play it, but chose single.

A booster box will most likely give you what you need, also with the extras you'll get, you'll also have rares for trades so you can what else you need. :spin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom