• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Brock's Present

We need to see more of Brock's family more often. Maybe to see how they've adjusted while Brock's away.

I think Brock is long overdue for a break. Everytime Brock leaves and comes back, his return is always fairly triumphant (not counting the Hoenn-Battle Frontier transition) because we had time off from him. I think Tracey should come to Shinou with Ash for the sake of shaking things up, maybe on a quest to gather data for Professor Oak or something.

Tracey isn't popular enough with the audience to warrent a return. The reason his character was so short-lived was because kids didn't like him. He's also happy where he is, Oak isn't going to send him on any boy scout meetings.

Daisy on the other hand...

On the topic of the thread, Brock has had some good episodes in the past year but the main problem that I see is that he rarely battles in a nomal filler. Normally, it's Ash and/or May that defends themselves from Team Rocket. Brock usually just comes in if a Water Gun is needed. And I can only recall one battle with Bonsly - a Pokémon that is supposed to be promoting Generation IV - after its capture episode. It is in Brock's character is not to want to battle as much as Ash but the writers really need to shape up with him if he stays around for the next saga.

Reviving a dead thread, check. Coming up with a random theory that isn't actually likely to happen but I'd love to see it anyway, check.

Okay. So, with that out of the way - isn't there a big thing about fossil-digging stuff in Diamond and Pearl?

In the games, isn't Brock's main thing fossil-digging, rather than breeding?

If Brock went to Shinou, couldn't he take a note from his game counterpart and dig for fossils and potentially provide very-awesome fossil Pokémon for himself and other people in the cast?

Could anyone deny the pwnage of the situation if that happened?

^ Most people expect Gary to do that though, since he's a researcher and already dealt with an Aerodactyl.

True. And we'd then see a return of Gary's Indiana Jones outfit.

But come on, Brock digging for fossils would be awesome. I've always really hoped he'd someday get an Omanyte and Kabuto like in the games. =X

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom