• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulba Pub - Straight, No Chaser

I don't know if it fits, but I have been in a place where the water supply is filled with alcoholic waste, making it worse than the lightest types of wine!
I have drank that water (before knowing it), and it really tastes like rotten wine :)

True story, not kidding :O

I don't know if it fits, but I have been in a place where the water supply is filled with alcoholic waste, making it worse than the lightest types of wine!
I have drank that water (before knowing it), and it really tastes like rotten wine :)

In Scotland, our rivers run with alcohol.

In Scotland, our rivers run with alcohol.

Everything's more alcoholic in Texas, though.

What's the best thing you ever accomplished while drunk? Mine would probably be moving a huge couch up stairs. Either that or building an end farm on Minecraft.

What's the best thing you ever accomplished while drunk? Mine would probably be moving a huge couch up stairs. Either that or building an end farm on Minecraft.

That sounds dangerous, the couch thing that is :B

I remember being drunk and not being able to sleep so I got up and started putting DVDs in alphabetical order. That's an anchievement, of sorts.

My favourite drink is just a bottle of cider with some ice. Nothing fancy.

Fave pub snack?

I'll always get some peanuts when drinking, great pub snack.

Whatever is in my cabinet. Usually chips and cookies. Hard boiled eggs are also a personal favorite.

Anything salty and starchy for a snack. These days I prefer to drink bourbon, vodka, wine, lager, or brown ale, usually with a meal... I used to drink mixed drinks, (whiskey sours or rum and coke, stuff like that) if I were trying to get drunk but I can't have more than two or three of anything because of medications.

I think I really am turning into an alcoholic.

Like I think tonight was the first night this whole week that I didn't have at least one drink.

Shit, I know that feeling.

Fuck. What if we're just at the start of the path to alcoholism?

It's our very own Start of Darkness!

Honestly though I feel bad that I don't mind? I feel like I need a more interesting vice. My biggest one right now is sloth, and that's not all that interesting (and one I wish I didn't have, because I have it to the point where it causes me problems).

Oh and I'm also kind of arrogant, but I don't see that as a vice in my case. ;-)

I think I really am turning into an alcoholic.

Like I think tonight was the first night this whole week that I didn't have at least one drink.

Shit, I know that feeling.

Fuck. What if we're just at the start of the path to alcoholism?

It's our very own Start of Darkness!

Honestly though I feel bad that I don't mind? I feel like I need a more interesting vice. My biggest one right now is sloth, and that's not all that interesting (and one I wish I didn't have, because I have it to the point where it causes me problems).

Oh and I'm also kind of arrogant, but I don't see that as a vice in my case. ;-)

Oh god. I'm literally the same, if I became an alcoholic, I wouldn't be that bothered, I have bigger fish to fry. It's nice that we can connect like this, but just horrible that we may be developing alcoholism xD

I am lazy, or as I prefer to call it, developmentally unmotivated.

So apparently there are a lot of men out there who don't like women who drink, and one of my Tumblr buddies got a lecture from one on OkCupid. Not that I really care since I don't want to fuck some straight-edge prude anyway, but I kind of wonder why this preference exists and is as common as it is. It makes no sense to me.

Last edited:
So apparently there are a lot of men out there who don't like women who drink, and one of my Tumblr buddies got a lecture from one on OkCupid. Not that I really care since I don't want to bone some straight-edge prude anyway, but I kind of wonder why this preference exists and is as common as it is. It makes no sense to me.

That seems kind of odd to me, i like a girl that I can get hammered with. Most people in our age bracket drink socially, so maybe the guys that like teetotal women are a bit socially prude.

Or maybe they've been put off by drunk sluts :p

So I had scotch for the first time tonight.

I don't know if I like the taste, but I definitely love the effect this shit has on me. I was dancing and snapping my fingers to Joni Mitchell (listening to it on my smart phone) the whole way back from my friend's apartment.

Also my friend, for some reason, asked me how gay men have sex. And I got all cheerful and was like "Well I read a lot of fanfiction so I actually know a lot about this!" Which is true. (Part of it's also probably that all my friends in college were gay men, though, and we'd get drunk and confess our sexual secrets to each other. I mean, fanfiction is definitely not the most accurate place for sex ed...)

This thread seems to have dwindled to just two bar flies now.

Eh, it was a good run.

I'm drinking more than I did when I started this. I'm pretty sure I'll be an alcoholic when I move out, which is a bit shit.

So apparently there are a lot of men out there who don't like women who drink, and one of my Tumblr buddies got a lecture from one on OkCupid. Not that I really care since I don't want to bone some straight-edge prude anyway, but I kind of wonder why this preference exists and is as common as it is. It makes no sense to me.

I find it interesting that you're the one doing the boning...

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom