• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulba Pub - Straight, No Chaser

Well, I just turned 21 this last April. I told myself before that I would never drink. I thought it was some kind of noble standing to never touch alcohol. I've since realized how foolish it is to think that ingesting or abstaining from a substance makes one pure. Now I drink everyday. Some people would say i'm an alcoholic, but I tell you, a couple drinks a day sure washes off the stress.

So apparently there are a lot of men out there who don't like women who drink, and one of my Tumblr buddies got a lecture from one on OkCupid. Not that I really care since I don't want to bone some straight-edge prude anyway, but I kind of wonder why this preference exists and is as common as it is. It makes no sense to me.

I find it interesting that you're the one doing the boning...

Yeah, you're right, that was a poor choice of words. I was probably drunk when I wrote it, haha.

Well, I just turned 21 this last April. I told myself before that I would never drink. I thought it was some kind of noble standing to never touch alcohol. I've since realized how foolish it is to think that ingesting or abstaining from a substance makes one pure. Now I drink everyday. Some people would say i'm an alcoholic, but I tell you, a couple drinks a day sure washes off the stress.

I used to be like that too actually, but a wee drink doesn't hurt anyone. Maybe drinking everyday is a bit much, though I suppose it depends on the alcohol percentage.

A drinking thread. OH SHI-

I don't even know where to begin.

Beers, wines, spirits and shine.
Stories

Beers are a fancy topic with me.

I've specifically grown a distaste for IPAs, but love anything dark between Ports and Lagers.

My particular favorite brew is the Yuengling Black and Tan (not the plain Yuengling). It's local to this area, you don't see much of it beyond VA, MD and PA.

(At least I haven't seen it in my travels)

It's a hit at parties or for anyone that comes to visit. It's a shame I can't find these when I go visit people.

My dad got a ten pack of pear cider, can't remember the name, but damn it was so sweet and refreshing. Savoured every damn can of those. Wish I could remember that name. Had a bottle of some standard cider, nothing special at all.

The last time I partied and had a decent drink was during BotCon. We were at the dinner and I had a mixer--vodka and cran. Now, a friend of mine decided to be cute and got me another. Yeah, two of those had me pretty...happy, we'll call it.

Normally I don't drink things like that; I stick to Mark's Hard Lemonade. When I do drink, it's rare. I know my limits, which is no more than two.

Hey Bulba Pub,

Hi, it's me! How are you? I'm doing well. It's been a while, I hope you're not mad =(

Anyway, I was hoping if it's not too much to ask, maybe we could go out for a drink some time? It would really make me happy. Let me know.

Love,
Missy <3

PS: I'm not paying for you.

My friend mentioned today that the first thing he had after his morning cereal was a vodka and coke. At 8am.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom