• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Battle League: Season 2 [CLOSED]

Re: Bulbagarden Battle League: Season 2 [OPEN] - Gym applications are open!

I wonder how the next season will go? because the next Pokemon game comes out soon.

I wonder how the next season will go? because the next Pokemon game comes out soon.
ORAS is going to come out a few weeks into Season 3 so we'll adjust things accordingly. We expect there'll be some changes on Smogon OU, which will get reflected on the BBL, and we'll try to accommodate them as they come. We'll also to try to work around move tutors that might be released in ORAS in terms of changing movesets during the season.

ORAS is going to come out a few weeks into Season 3 so we'll adjust things accordingly. We expect there'll be some changes on Smogon OU, which will get reflected on the BBL, and we'll try to accommodate them as they come. We'll also to try to work around move tutors that might be released in ORAS in terms of changing movesets during the season.

Wouldn't we be just hitting right around the halfway point of the season by the time ORAS comes out? Makes sense to just stay on XY/Simulators until Season 4 when everyone has had a chance to get into ORAS and we know all of the moveset changes, Move Tutors, and Mega's that have come out.

Good point. No way we can extend the current season instead? I challenged four gyms so far and have been thoroughly thrashed and am back at the drawing board.

Good point. No way we can extend the current season instead? I challenged four gyms so far and have been thoroughly thrashed and am back at the drawing board.

Join the club, but I only challenge 2 gyms but now I don't have anymore Pokemon to sub. The reason why is that I had mostly flying type Pokemon, so while trying to replace one of my Pokemon Aegislash was banned. So this makes two Pokemon now. But hey ShyOctopuse was also in the BBL and a good friend, she help me train to beat the physic gym which that was pretty fun. As of now still have not beat the bug type gym yet and only have 4 Pokemon ready to battle at the moment, so yeah I can see that were both having problems.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. :)

Yes we're still deliberating how to handle next season since ORAS is sure to introduce many changes not only to the game that'll reverberate on the Smogon OU metagame. Once we have a clearer idea on how to proceed with it we'll let you guys know and any feedback/suggestions you guys have would be appreciated. If there does end up being any effects on the current season we'll post an update as soon as possible.

Perfect. Thanks for the update sharkshocker.
Would you be willing to spar with me sometime Phantom16?

Perfect. Thanks for the update sharkshocker.
Would you be willing to spar with me sometime Phantom16?

Of course, glad to do some battling with other challengers that's also in the BBL.

Wonderful. Whenever you are ready shoot me a Private Message. I have the weekend off and should have fairly good availability.

I have received questions from people interested in becoming gym leaders so I'll lay out the procedure for the application. Similar to last season, we shall be holding screening matches to evaluate those applying to be gym leaders.

Regarding these battles:
- The Elite 4 will be using teams following Smogon's OU rules. These teams will NOT be mono-type and consist of different team strategies (Hyper Offense, Bulky Offense, Semi-Stall, Stall)
- To help speed the process along, screening battles will be done using Pokemon Showdown!.
- Applicants do not need to use the teams they used during their league challenge nor do they need to be monotype. They will be free to build new teams for these battles. We will also use this to get a view of your teambuilding.
- Applicants will not be allowed to change their team in these matches. You will use the same team of 6 throughout all 4 screening matches.
- Once your team is ready please send me a PM of your team lineup. This is for the purpose of evaluating your teambuilding skills.
- Clauses/rules will still follow the rules of the BBL, i.e. Item Clause will still be in effect.
- Applicants will battle each Elite 4 member once. If a match is disrupted it will be up to the evaluator how to address the situation.
- Try to complete these battles in a timely manner.

I don't have information right now on what types will be available next season but we'll give more details on the available types as we get nearer to the end of the season.

If you are interested in applying as a gym leader please post here to express your interest. Plan on completing your screening matches before the season ends so that new gym leaders can focus on building their team during the off-season. We do suggest putting in time to work on both your league challenge as well as these screening matches, as we evaluate not only how you hold up in battle but also if you are able to manage your duties as a gym leader.

If there are any questions please feel free to ask. Best of luck to those applying, and good luck to our challengers :)

I'd like to apply for a gym leader position.

I have received questions from people interested in becoming gym leaders so I'll lay out the procedure for the application. Similar to last season, we shall be holding screening matches to evaluate those applying to be gym leaders.

Regarding these battles:
- The Elite 4 will be using teams following Smogon's OU rules. These teams will NOT be mono-type and consist of different team strategies (Hyper Offense, Bulky Offense, Semi-Stall, Stall)
- To help speed the process along, screening battles will be done using Pokemon Showdown!.
- Applicants do not need to use the teams they used during their league challenge nor do they need to be monotype. They will be free to build new teams for these battles. We will also use this to get a view of your teambuilding.
- Applicants will not be allowed to change their team in these matches. You will use the same team of 6 throughout all 4 screening matches.
- Once your team is ready please send me a PM of your team lineup. This is for the purpose of evaluating your teambuilding skills.
- Clauses/rules will still follow the rules of the BBL, i.e. Item Clause will still be in effect.
- Applicants will battle each Elite 4 member once. If a match is disrupted it will be up to the evaluator how to address the situation.
- Try to complete these battles in a timely manner.

I don't have information right now on what types will be available next season but we'll give more details on the available types as we get nearer to the end of the season.

If you are interested in applying as a gym leader please post here to express your interest. Plan on completing your screening matches before the season ends so that new gym leaders can focus on building their team during the off-season. We do suggest putting in time to work on both your league challenge as well as these screening matches, as we evaluate not only how you hold up in battle but also if you are able to manage your duties as a gym leader.

If there are any questions please feel free to ask. Best of luck to those applying, and good luck to our challengers :)

I'd like to apply for a gym leader position.

Awesome! You'll want to build the best OU team you can (I would recommend showing off your teambuilding skills to their fullest extent, and not handicapping yourself by using a theme, or trying to shoehorn your favorites or Pokémon that you think are underrated or whatever into your team), then get in contact with Lunacy, JTFX, BAG, and JDawgz to schedule your screening matches.

I would like to enter! FC 1177-7341-9531 IGN Bertrum

I will succeed(probably not)! FC: 1461-6439-6137 IGN: Rayloy

Sign me up.

In-game name: Num63r5

Friend Code:2251-6420-5980

I would like to enter! FC 1177-7341-9531 IGN Bertrum
Thanks for signing up, I've added you to the roster and best of luck! :)
I will succeed(probably not)! FC: 1461-6439-6137 IGN: Rayloy
You never know how you'll do, but do your best! Good luck :)
Sign me up.

In-game name: Num63r5

Friend Code:2251-6420-5980
Added you, good luck!

We have less than a month left before the season closes so try to get some battles in, get some badges or just try out the league before the next season :D

I have a question: How do I actually challenge the Gym Leaders/Elite Four?

Here, let me quickly just fix that for you:

...then get in contact with AnybodyAgrees, JTFX, BAG, and JDawgz to schedule your screening matches.

Any gym leaders available for challenges this evening?

I have a question: How do I actually challenge the Gym Leaders/Elite Four?
If you check the first post of the thread you'll find the contact information for the gym leaders and Elite Four. Just contact them via visitor message or a private message to schedule a time to have your battle and you're on your way :D
Any gym leaders available for challenges this evening?
I should be available the rest of the evening, just drop me a line when you're around :)

I am down for battling tonight if anyone is around.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom