• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol 5

Τhey are journalists; they want news of all kind, some people who don't like thinking about war won't read Ukraine-related articles...

Τhey are journalists; they want news of all kind, some people who don't like thinking about war won't read Ukraine-related articles...

They're journalists for the BBC. Twitch playing Pokémon isn't BBC-worthy, even if it's just the website.

And how many grown adults that don't play Pokemon are going to read about that? Most of them would probably ignore the article entirely and write comments wondering why BBC wasted their time with an article about TPP when there's a country wanting to start war.

Or rather scratch that, Pokémon in general hasn't been news worthy since the turn of the millennium.

And how many grown adults that don't play Pokemon are going to read about that? Most of them would probably ignore the article entirely and write comments wondering why BBC wasted their time with an article about TPP when there's a country wanting to start war.
Id happily read about TPP rather then some of the celeb shit that seems to make font page news.

They want to show it off as a "social experiment" I guess. Nonetheless, it's quite the viral Pokemon event in the Internet and they thought it should be good to mention it.

Id happily read about TPP rather then some of the celeb shit that seems to make font page news.

So would I, but TPP is something that is for a small group of people that probably barely pay attention to news. More adults, and thus more of BBC's active fan base, know more about, and would be more willing, to read and talk about a celebrity being a dumbass than something they have never heard of.

They want to show it off as a "social experiment" I guess. Nonetheless, it's quite the viral Pokemon event in the Internet and they thought it should be good to mention it.

It doesn't matter: Did any other big event on the Internet get a mention? 100,000 isn't a lot in Internet-wide terms, I don't see why they should make an article about it. Moko's argument also stands, as anything that goes viral doesn't get much attention from older people who actually read the BBC website.

Frankly, complaining about fluff pieces isn't particularly newsworthy itself. It's hardly a lead story, and it isn't as if they're neglecting news from Ukraine.

Well at least its something different yo read about.
Plus it wasn't a major article anyway.

A minor mention wouldn't hurt that much for their website, I think. Jabberwocky has a point as well.

Of course, at the end of the day, it is BBC's website and they are free to do what they want with it. A little fluff never hurt I suppose. :3

Well, there is actually a reason why the BBC would choose to cover it. The BBC is taxpayer funded and is required to provide content that appeals to many different people - so what may seem particularly unnewsworthy, is actually just appealing to a different market segment,

Science, bitch.

I think TPP is quite news worthy. In fact I think it will be the subject of several PhD theses, published articles, and probably a book or two.

While it's probably not front page worthy or anyfin, it's not like they're making a story about "Rosalina revealed for Smash Bros 4!11!" This is a very unique internet/video game phenomenon that doubles as a social experiment. I'd say it's at least a little news worthy.

Last edited:

I find it hilarious how people post online about how bad their drawings are and someone comments "it's ok you'll improve as you practice".

If your drawings are crap, find a new hobby.

I find it hilarious how people post online about how bad their drawings are and someone comments "it's ok you'll improve as you practice".

Good God, Jolene. No one starts off as a great artist. If they enjoy drawing, they should continue doing it if it makes them happy.

Good God, Jolene. No one starts off as a great artist. If they enjoy drawing, they should continue doing it if it makes them happy.
Picasso, Van Gogh, Rembrandt, Monet, Manet, Michelangelo, etc.

Not people who draw crappy versions of anime and video game characters.

I think that they should get a chance to shine for themselves; crushing their dreams and hobbies is not the best way to go.
Even if they don't have the talent, they can get better with practice, that's true.

Some people do get better with encouragement and practice. Should a mediocre footballer give up after his first loss? No. He should keep trying to get to his peak, no matter how high it is. Some people perfect their craft and take it to new heights, whilst others can't seem to climb higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom