• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbagarden Conversational Chat Thread Vol.5

I miss the idea of breaks the educational system has.
I miss the summer breaks during the school days since all of my friends were in school as well, that meant we would hang out. Now when i have a job, my vacations never happen during the summer months and even if they did, most likely my friends's vacation time would not overlap with mine. Which would mean i would be home having my vacation and my friends would be at work.

Any plan for this week is not going to be as busy as the previous week was, the least I end up having to do the better.

but yes that is lisia's spring break plans (tm), does anyone else have anything coming up..?
Not for spring break, really (that hasn’t been a thing for me in a long while, haha), but this past weekend was a really good one for me, I think! I visited a relative’s house, and while I have somewhat ambivalent feelings about said relative, I did enjoy my time with them there. Especially because it was somewhere rather removed from the hustle and bustle of city life that I’ve been used to lately. I mean, just being able to sit in my bed next to the window and hear absolutely nothing but the birds singing one morning was just… great, really, is the best way I can really put it. It’s a great feeling; one that I miss sometimes.

I also accomplished so many things while I was there, and during the weekend in general! Such as:
  • Joining Thousand Roads. A lot of fellow writers on Bulbagarden happen to be there, so I hope to be able to participate there as much as I do here! It seems like a lot of fun over there.
  • Managing to take my medication earlier and for five days in a row as of yesterday, yay! And if my next set of pills manage to arrive in a timely fashion (they’re mailed to me; convenient, right?), then there’s a chance for me to keep the streak going for even longer! This is good not just because of the obvious — taking your medication regularly is important! — but also because the earlier time that I’m taking it seems to be affecting my sleep patterns for the better now, mostly. Early nighttime is prime time for me to fall asleep, but on the bright side, I’m actually managing to wake up fairly early in the morning now! Versus, you know, practically near the start of the afternoon, haha!
  • Scheduling doctor’s and psychiatrist’s appointments after putting those off for a while, so that I can get a long-needed physical check-up and perhaps get some progress done on making myself feel truly mentally “better”, rather than just “OK enough to (barely) function, on a good day”. I’m optimistic about what these visits will have in store for me, all in all.
  • Watching the first episode of Arknights: Prelude to Dawn, which I’ve been wanting to do for a while. You can thank @Blanc for that, haha!
  • Going further down the rabbit hole of magical girl fanfiction, with me having found some really funny and charming ones that put a smile on my face, the cynical old geezer that I am, haha. It also all gave some inspiration that I think I kind of needed for my own potential magical girl fic idea. Simply put, I want it to be fun, and to feel alive. I hope to be able to accomplish both of those alongside my other goals for said idea.
  • Scoring a box of donuts (yes!).
    E35CEED4-9B24-4044-9443-C5DCA0118F7C.jpeg
Unfortunately, cleaning my closet was not one of those things, haha, since I wasn’t at home, obviously. But I’ll get there. Eventually.

hey all~

hope everyone has had a happy monday! any plans for the week? o:
See right above you, haha. Although, yes, things have been going pretty good for me so far!

Meanwhile, some other things that I’d really like to do in the near future (not necessarily all this week) would be to:
  • Catch up on Hirogaru Sky! Pretty Cure, which I’m dreadfully behind on (avoiding spoilers on the internet isn’t fun).
  • Get back to watching some other anime that’s been my “queue” for much too long now, including Futari wa Pretty Cure, Cardcaptor Sakura, ARIA, Do It Yourself!!, Ergo Proxy, Hanbane Renmei, Evangelion, and others (anyone here watch any of those, haha?). I’ve also been kind of itching to rewatch Serial Experiments Lain lately…
  • Use my keyboard in earnest, perhaps with a few lessons to help me learn the basics of piano playing.
  • Find some money, haha.
Also…
WAAAA?! HAVE YOU POSTED THEM? I HAVE TO SEE!!
I think that you’ve already found them, haha. It took a looooooong time for me to get these together; my camera’s RAW format isn’t exactly easy to work with on the likes of Windows without proper software, oof. Meanwhile, if anyone else is interested, all of my DC trip photos are right here!

any plans for the week? o:
finish this drawing i'm working on, and maybe finish season one of love live superstar
I’ve also been kind of itching to rewatch Serial Experiments Lain lately…
i haven't heard of that anime until recently, and mmy first exposure to it was probably the weirdest way i've gotten into an anime. it was from this weird neocities site called wired sound for wired people, where it basically a rabbit hole is eerie visuals from the anime. don't go on it if you have a sensitivity to flashing lights.

This week felt like it dragged on but glad to be done with it. Basically was applying to new positions and helping others with job applications.

For me this week has been going smoothly with the odd exception at the end of the week where my throat hurts now! I hope it isn’t too bad. A friend said that after he had a milkshake, his cough somehow disappeared. I might try that lol.

I have a theory to why my throat might hurt. I heard some owls hooting yesterday during the day and was curious is they would respond so I hooted back at them. Hooting at that pitch for me isn’t really in my normal vocal range if you were wondering.

I have a lot to explain. I’ll be back in this thread later to do that. I just needed to show how my morning is going so far.

My week has been.

77CB1A0D-2649-4EAE-8D15-AAE780584FFD.jpeg

I am not well, and perhaps, my choices are worse.

(White knuckle gripping the sink telling myself but I stay silly.)

(I washed my giant lugia plush)

Last edited:
@Blanc
In all sincerity, I do hope that Lugia plush of yours gets a happy ending out of all of this, one way or another. And you, of course!

How has everyone been doing so far this week, I wonder? I’ve been doing… adequately, I suppose I’ll call it. The main thing that’s been bothering me — besides my usual “stuff” — is allergies, ugh. I haven’t dealt with anything this bad since, well, before the pandemic, basically. It’s been fun not getting sick for more three years straight now, but it looks like my luck has finally run out, though, haha! Waking up every morning having to rush over to the tissue box from a runny nose is not fun, that’s for sure. Although if the alternative is a sore throat, a fever, a headache, or some combination of those, then I can’t complain too much. I’ll take the runny nose any day over those, haha!

Meanwhile, progress is slow on my spring cleaning journey, but I’m getting there, one step at a time. I’m just thinking about how nice things will look when it’s all done, which is kind of pushing me forward, I think!

@Blanc I believe in you! Keep your head up! We've all got your back!!
(That photo looks how I feel)

How has everyone been doing so far this week, I wonder? I’ve been doing… adequately, I suppose I’ll call it. The main thing that’s been bothering me — besides my usual “stuff” — is allergies, ugh. I haven’t dealt with anything this bad since, well, before the pandemic, basically. It’s been fun not getting sick for more three years straight now, but it looks like my luck has finally run out, though, haha! Waking up every morning having to rush over to the tissue box from a runny nose is not fun, that’s for sure. Although if the alternative is a sore throat, a fever, a headache, or some combination of those, then I can’t complain too much. I’ll take the runny nose any day over those, haha!
ooof, feel better. Spring allergies are a huge pain. I'm usually not very prone to them, but I was feeling allergy season pretty bad last year, and having a runny nose 24/7 is just so unbelievably annoying lol.

Here on my end, my past week has been pretty blah, but getting better. About a week ago I actually started feeling really lethargic and brain-foggy out of nowhere, which was a bit worrying — though I think now I'm finally starting to recover.
On the bright side, while that was happening I picked up playing Pokémon White 2 again. I never even got close to finishing my original playthrough back in 2012, so I'm having fun exploring it for what's essentially the first time. (My team so far currently consists of Emboar, Weezing, Sigilyph, and Ferrothorn, and I love all four of them.)
Earlier today I also filled out all the paperwork for some work stuff I'm going to do over the summer, and I feel pretty good about that I think :)

The month is almost over now; weird to think it's nearly May already. Hope everyone's hanging in there!

@Blanc as always I believe in you too!!! I'm always here for you if you need anything!! I miss you so so much!! You're doing great I know it! (also thank you so much for the gift, i really appreciate it... i've read the message you sent with it soooo many times, it makes me happy!! everything that you do means so much to me!! you are forever my お月さま!)

As for me... I got sick again LOL! I think it's finally clearing up, but that's twice I've gotten sick this month. It sucked both times ahaha... another bad thing is that my bike broke yet again?? On Tuesday, the tire just popped when it was getting filled, and thank god I can borrow another one, but the other one is a little unwieldy and slow. I'm just glad I can actually... idk, go places I guess? It's pretty important LOL because I do not like to drive (and do not have a car).

But aside from those bad things, some good things have happened! I'm working on a few translation projects, writing a bit more, and... well I need to draw more too! And preparing for a big test I have in a week and a half... things feel busy, but also not at the same time. I can't really explain it!

Also it's sadly getting hotter here now... I can't wear a jacket or anything anymore, it feels really strange, honestly! Today was like 65°F (~18°C), which really isn't all that hot, but considering how lately it's been like 45~55 (7~12), it's quite a bit of a change. It's only supposed to get hotter too, so it's getting to the season where I stay inside. I go out in winter and inside in summer, it's the reverse of most people I think LMAO...

I think I'm going to break out my Pokémon cookbook and find a dessert to make soon! I'm in a bit of a cooking mood now, so... hopefully there'll be something nice to make! I hope!

Other than that... I've been really really missing having fun times like before with a certain someone, but I really hope that it'll end up starting to happen soon. That would make me really, really happy, so I'll try my best to make it happen! その時まであなたにずっと待ってる!

6F6625D1-38C9-4630-9327-0C15BD276ECD.jpeg

So yes! Somehow, I've... (mostly) been getting through these days. Somehow!

oh geez this is long i wonder if it'd be better as a blog post....... oh well??

Last edited:
ooof, feel better. Spring allergies are a huge pain. I'm usually not very prone to them, but I was feeling allergy season pretty bad last year, and having a runny nose 24/7 is just so unbelievably annoying lol.

Here on my end, my past week has been pretty blah, but getting better. About a week ago I actually started feeling really lethargic and brain-foggy out of nowhere, which was a bit worrying — though I think now I'm finally starting to recover.
Same. I’ve been just recovering from a slight cough maybe due to the spring allergies? I haven’t had any problem really until last year. I’m glad that you’re recovering too as nobody deserves sickness.

On the bright side, while that was happening I picked up playing Pokémon White 2 again.
Cool! I chose Pokémon White 2 too.

Also it's sadly getting hotter here now... I can't wear a jacket or anything anymore, it feels really strange, honestly! Today was like 65°F (~18°C), which really isn't all that hot, but considering how lately it's been like 45~55 (7~12), it's quite a bit of a change. It's only supposed to get hotter too, so it's getting to the season where I stay inside. I go out in winter and inside in summer, it's the reverse of most people I think LMAO...
Ikr? I really enjoy going outside and just walking and feeling the breeze during the colder seasons because inside it’s just a little warm. Weather in my area changed more drastically being around 60 a week ago at noon and now it’s 90!!! I think I’d be more suited for a colder area lol

Humidity is extremely annoying in my area as well

Also I am team Black 2, sorry. I prefer Black Kyurem and the much more straightforward Route 4 and the Opelucid City design and theme am used to those Victory Road bridges... The only small win for W2 is Braviary over Mandibuzz

Story of my life. Every May is busy. I have birthday (6th) name day (21th) exams and Eurovision, and as a 2023 special the coronation on my birthday and Greek elections on my name day!

Hey what's going on in this thread
We are just discussing what is on our minds lately, letting conversation flow naturally. Feel free to join us if you believe you have something meaningful to add or if you would like to share any plans for the near future with us!

Back
Top Bottom