• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW026: The Scary Story of the Hitomoshi Mansion!

re: BW 026 "The Scary Story of the Hitomoshi Mansion!" Review Thread

So here's my experience:

When I started this episode, I was thinking something was going to happen along the lines of the Rotom episode. Ash and friends are wandering in a house, there's ghost pokemon... it seemed pretty obvious some shenanigans were going to ensue.

It was unexpected to see Team Rocket so early, though they seem to look a little down. Lack of sleep, perhaps? Them teaming up with the Hitomoshi (moshi-moshi :p) was another twist. Those Hitomoshi looked so cute playing together, that I completely tossed the thought that the writers would make any effort at acknowledging the evil that bled out so obviously from their 'dex entries.

And so the pranks begin! Just as I expected from a ghost pokemon episode. Rotom gave me enough experience with that, but Dento's girl scream was an added bonus. XD

And then the Hitomoshi are discovered, and the group manage to grab one of the stragglers... Ash dexes it... I lean forward on my seat in expectation, and... it gets cut off. Oh, well... I don't understand Japanese anyway, but now I've become very curious as to what got left out.

People are disappearing... uh-oh... and uh, it looks like Team Rocket is starting to get really tired. Is that normal? Immediately afterwards the gang of Hitomoshi get a close up where their innocent faces suddenly turn sinister. Something's not right here...

More disappearances... the Hitomoshi are starting to appear less friendly than they initially came off on.

Judging by Team Rocket's reactions from what the professor told them, it looks like they were just informed of Hitomoshi's true nature as a soul-sucking candle. Oh, sh**...

Back to the main trio... they seem to be discovering the same fact as well. It looks like the writers aren't trying to steer away from the unsettling dex entries this time...

Down into the basement... and, lol Team Rocket are still willing to recite their motto even though they're so drained. The Hitomoshi come back, and they're accompanied by a Lampra. Ash dexes it this time without any interruption, and by the looks of it the dex has just given them the even grimmer truth about Lampra.

What the!? Inferno opens up a portal to the netherworld!? I did not see that coming. I'm reminded of the Dusknoir episode in DP now...

It looks like the ghost/fire Pokemon are so evil that even long-running enemies will team up against them. A nice tag effort ensues, and Pikachu finishes it by sending those demonic hellfire spirits back where they came from...

Hm... so that's how the mansion really looks, eh? And Team Rocket get away this time, once more without blasting off. And lol, it ends on a lighter note as iris predicts the rain again...

Now I just need to understand what they were saying. I'll watch this dubbed if needed.

re: BW 026 "The Scary Story of the Hitomoshi Mansion!" Review Thread

When I took a look at the episode, I agree that Cilan's scream is hilarious!

Cilan has the most epic scream in pokemon history and the most derpy running:XD2:

Since finding out they were skipping two very important episodes I started to worry Rocket Dan wouldn't ever stop being souless robots.
Good thing that wasn't the case. But still... I really really miss "hyper" Kojiro. I always thought it suited him and made him stand out more and away from Musashi. It's the only thing still bothering me about the trio now.

On another note, if anyone up to date reads this post... will the anime EVER make up for those missing episodes? It's extremely disappointing how they have so much build up for... nothing. It gives a very Kanto vibe if you know what I mean.
I don't want to be spoiled so just a yes or not will do. If anyone ever answers this :X

Since finding out they were skipping two very important episodes I started to worry Rocket Dan wouldn't ever stop being souless robots.
Good thing that wasn't the case. But still... I really really miss "hyper" Kojiro. I always thought it suited him and made him stand out more and away from Musashi. It's the only thing still bothering me about the trio now.

On another note, if anyone up to date reads this post... will the anime EVER make up for those missing episodes? It's extremely disappointing how they have so much build up for... nothing. It gives a very Kanto vibe if you know what I mean.
I don't want to be spoiled so just a yes or not will do. If anyone ever answers this :X

Hi! It's great that you're using the review archive but in future could you please only post in episode threads if you're going to review the episode. Asking questions about other episodes or commenting on characters as a whole isn't really contributing to the thread's intended purpose.

I may as well answer your question while I'm here: no one knows if they'll air those episodes or not but with episode N, we'll see Team Plasma in the anime anyway. There's a few threads on episode N in the main forum if you want to talk about it there.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom