• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW055 - Zuruggu and the Selfish Gothimu!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't understand why Tepig is used so much. Its not like they're promoting it on Oshawott level, and Snivy has a far more interesting personality.

Tepig is just boring, its backstory was ignored, and there's nothing it truly brings to the show. Even Torkoal was more interesting.

Mostly all of Ash's fire Pokemon have been given great back stories and development, but they probably wanted to take a break from that because Ash's water Pokemon seemed ignored as far as back story goes. I don't want to troll but there was a lot of Chimchar/Infernape, Cyndaquil, Charizard spamming. It's good to see that not all of Ash's best Pokemon aren't always fire types.

Seriously, when was the last time we ever saw Swadloon or Roggenrolla out of their balls? This can include the common "eating lunch together" scenes, the lowest common denominator of Twerp Pokemon appearances.

Dangoro last appeared in BW048, the second part of the Battle Subway episode which aired almost two months ago... if you think that's bad, we haven't seen Hatobo since the Zuruzukin episode that aired back in August which was only a fleeting distance shot at the beginning (but, to be fair, he is confirmed to be appearing in this episode). As for Kurumayu, he hasn't appeared since Luke's debut episode which was back all the way in June. Seriously, we haven't seen the poor thing for over four months now and I doubt he's going to make any more significant appearances until the writers decide to evolve him into Hahakomori.

Why does it matter? Ash's extra captures are just battle machines not the focus.

Scraggy thankfully falls into Gliscor, Glalie and Gible camp which means its getting development.

More Pluck from Mandibuzz? Seriously? Why did they not show this move in its debut generation? Plus, Brave Bird is Brave. The one problem I see with this episode is that people are showing intolerance to what this Pokémon is based on:the Goth and Gothic Lolita lifestyles and stereotypical depictions of fortune tellers!

Why do people hate the Goth/fortune teller evolutionary line? Because they fear Goths/fortune tellers due to latent religious objection to "unholy" images and ideals invoked by peoples with these lifestyles, and Ingrained by the media, family, and society at large.

WELL,

HATERS GONNA HATE!
HATERS GONNA HATE!
HATERS GONNA HATE!

The one problem I see with this episode is that people are showing intolerance to what this Pokémon is based on:the Goth and Gothic Lolita lifestyles and stereotypical depictions of fortune tellers!

Why do people hate the Goth/fortune teller evolutionary line? Because they fear Goths/fortune tellers due to latent religious objection to "unholy" images and ideals invoked by peoples with these lifestyles, and Ingrained by the media, family, and society at large.

....What the heck are you going on about? I've seen nothing of the sort of anyone hating on Gothita(and the line) in this thread at all. There is some "I can't believe Scraggy's ownership is on the line here! Don't be a bone-head, Ash!" But honestly, that would happen if any other important pokemon's ownership was on the line (I don't think anyone would really care if Roggenrolla or Swadloon was close to being traded, due to them not being fleshed-out characters and having little screen time).

....What the heck are you going on about? I've seen nothing of the sort of anyone hating on Gothita(and the line) in this thread at all. There is some "I can't believe Scraggy's ownership is on the line here! Don't be a bone-head, Ash!" But honestly, that would happen if any other important pokemon's ownership was on the line (I don't think anyone would really care if Roggenrolla or Swadloon was close to being traded, due to them not being fleshed-out characters and having little screen time).

Look at the Older Posts in this/Capturre/Evolution/Release threads. People who shall remain nameless say"I hate the Goth line, Ash/Iris/Cilan shouldn't get it" or, 'Gothita/Gothimu/Gothim is ugly/overexposed, no one should get it"-type statements. That is, by proxy, hatred to Goths, Gothic Lolitas, and Fortune Tellers. People, show some tolerance/acceptance:If you tolerate fans, you should tolerate subcultures/hobbyists.

11月6日のポケスマ予告 - YouTube

I like how they're all shocked and Scraggy is just eating something. Scraggy, don't ever change. Seems like a good episode.
It's confirm it
The writer can't stand Ash ever wining
That's why he always make story where Ash get's his butt kick
He only let Ash win when Ash really need to win like gym battle but when it come to other battle he won't just let Ash win
There hardly any battle & if there is any battle now writer just make Ash lose or create a boring victory
No wonder none watchs pokemon

It's showtime!

Per the Anime Rules at the top of the forum, this speculation thread will be closed. A review thread for this episode will be uploaded after the episode finishes airing. Do not make any new review threads during this time.

If you want to talk about the episode as it's airing, please head over to the IRC Chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom