• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW072: The Fiercely Fought Donamite! Kirikizan VS Enbuoh!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BW072: Fierce Fighting Donamite! Kirikizan VS Enbuoh!!

If it really is going to be Bel's Enbou, I can only pray that she gets a win. I know she has a tendency to lose, but Enbouh's one of my favorite Pokemon. Surely the writers will make an exception and allow Bel a win?

But then again, the pig has double type advantage. Yeah, Kirizan's going to win, isn't it? :-(

But then again, the pig has double type advantage. Yeah, Kirizan's going to win, isn't it? :-(

Well, they've been pretty inconsistent with advantages lately. Pikachu loss to Excadrill, Pansage beat Pansear, Crustle rocked Swoobat and Unfezant, Sinvy slaughtered Palpitoad, Boldore beat Excadrill. It could go either way.

If it really is going to be Bel's Enbou, I can only pray that she gets a win.

If it is her, she'd be fighting in the third episode of a tournament, so I'd say it bodes well for her getting a win prior to this battle.

If it really is going to be Bel's Enbou, I can only pray that she gets a win.

If it is her, she'd be fighting in the third episode of a tournament, so I'd say it bodes well for her getting a win prior to this battle.
...Why didn't I notice this earlier. XP

~~(o0o)~~ Yes, at least Bel's finally getting her groove on!

Last edited:

Assuming that all of the matches in this tournament are single 1-on-1 eliminations, Emboar's trainer must win at least one battle prior to this match.

I bet it's TOBIAS'S EMBOAR!!!!!

No, I really hope it's somebody new and/or improved vs. Georgia's Bisharp...

I suppose this tournament could be the inspiration for the dub's new season title?

I hope this Pignite battle's better than when we saw Bel's fight back at that gym. They recycled that same animation for Flame Charge about 8 times in a period of 2 minutes. Absolutely awful.

Woot, Emboar. :D

Too bad Druddigon is probably getting a loss then, seeing as Bisharp is featured in this episode's title... life isn't fair ;_;

I would love Bel VS Langley. My two favorite Best Wishes girls

Considering lack of focus on either Iris or Dent, the two might lose relatively early. And if these two battles are here to glorify Langley's Kirikizan rather than Langley's own development(for what, I have no idea, best I can think is Kurumayu evolving and getting a victory against a strong opponent, likely with the activation of Swarm). I am worried about how Iris will react; especially if Emmy is not in Donamite, I fear that the only major character interaction she will have will be bitching for Langley's victories in background, as Langley would be too busy with her own stuff to care about Iris.

airisu.jpg

rangurei.jpg

Eh, if this does happen, then her early loss and Langley's Kirikizan's rape of Donamite will contribute to Iris' level up; inspiring her to listen to dragons more beautifully and gloriously than before.

Anyways, back to topic, if Enbuoh does lose, best way to go for it would Low Sweep. x4 weakness + STAB would leave a massive dent(pun not intended), but it's low Base Power could allow Kirikizan to survive long enough for Defiant to activate and Kirikizan to sweep Enbuoh with her(assuming it's Langley's) doubled attack power. If Enbuoh wins, I wouldn't mind Defiant vs. Blaze >:B. Or Blaze+ Blast Burn :D(Never gonna happen).

Considering lack of focus on either Iris or Dent, the two might lose relatively early.

If Iris was participating here, she needs to be knocked out early. Especially since, once again, she hasn't really trained at all...and has just been sitting on the sidelines since the last tournament. Then again, her stationary sideline status didn't stop her from winning the last one.

I personally find the Langely/Bianca interactions more entertaining, and I hope Bianca get's more development here (if that is indeed her Emboar). The two got along well, and it was far less grating to watch than Iris/Georgia's constant bitch 1/bitch 2 escapades.

Last edited:

Considering lack of focus on either Iris or Dent, the two might lose relatively early. And if these two battles are here to glorify Langley's Kirikizan rather than Langley's own development(for what, I have no idea, best I can think is Kurumayu evolving and getting a victory against a strong opponent, likely with the activation of Swarm). I am worried about how Iris will react; especially if Emmy is not in Donamite, I fear that the only major character interaction she will have will be bitching for Langley's victories in background, as Langley would be too busy with her own stuff to care about Iris.

Lack of focus? For who? Cilan was just given epic focus even though he lost against Skyla. He was more focused than Ash these past few weeks. I don't think we need more of Cilan to rub in our faces. If you are talking about Iris then yes.

If you are talking about Iris then yes.

Unfortunately, given that Iris hasn't done really any serious trainer battling at all in almost 30 episodes...suggest she could really take the spotlight here. If the titles are anything to go by, the Langley focus here could hint at this as well. I hope it's not something like the tournaments held in DBZ where the winner goes on the face the previous champion. That would pretty much make this tournament the Langley/Iris show. *shudders*

Hey guys,

Remember that this thread is solely to talk about BW072 and what we might expect to see from it, not to debate how certain characters are handled. So, if you want to discuss Dent's overall handling, such as how much screen time he's gotten so far, please do so here and if you want to discuss Iris' handling, please do so here. The same goes for the rivals, who have their own thread in the Pokémon League sub-forum.

Thanks

I say it's Cheren's Bisharp vs Bianca's Emboar! I just don't see Langley with Bisharp, Pawniard suits her pretty well, but Bisharp just doesn't fits her. my opinion.

I hope ''Bisharp'' is the rental pokemon Ash has to use in second round,
May be, All trainer has to use Rental pokemon in the second round of Donamite & Ash rental pokemon turn out to be a Bisharp.

Bianca has an Emboar? Hell yes.

She beats Georgia. For whatever reason, I've jumped on the Bianca fan wagon here. I love how dopey she is, but I can sense good things coming if they actually put focus on her with a kick-ass Pokemon. Considering we've had her epic dad (why use Oshawott? Fool!) approve of her, and she has every reason to try harder (enough to get her Pignite to evolve at least), I see Bianca winning things.

And being dopey. But that's a given. Is it just me, or did Nintendo, in the interest of making Unova more "American," fulfill the dumb blond stereotype? Yes. And it's still freaking hilarious.

I hope this is Belle's second round then. At least that means she's getting slightly better at this trainer thing and didn't get creamed in the very first round. Emboar versus Bisharp....hoo man! Sounds exciting!

Nothing much, titles and blurb..
wwwdotuporg2688117.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom