• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW104: "Fierce Fighting! Win Out in the Rival Battle!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Fire-type taking a Hydro Cannon without fainting?

Reminds me of Paul's Magmortar vs. Barry's Empoleon...
Emboar's face after taking the Hydro Cannon is like "you gotta be kidding me, dude...". He doesn't even take a knockback, WTH.

I just thought of something: What if the damage Pikachu sustains in this match keeps it from battling in the next few rounds? That way, it'll allow reserves to fill in for it.

I think the only time we saw something like this happen was when Kingler got shocked saving those Voltorbs but that was pre-league. Snorlax was sleeping so it couldn't be used in the Orange League and Infernape was in bad shape after the match with Paul (even though at the end of the episode they said it would be fine, possibly could have been a reason he didn't use it against Tobias just saying...).

That is an interesting hypothesis, regardless Ash really needs to let those reserves have a chance to shine in battle and I look forward to that. Hopefully some new moves, evolutions you know all the good stuff that has gotten him cheap wins so far in this region.

Emboar's face after taking the Hydro Cannon is like "you gotta be kidding me, dude...". He doesn't even take a knockback, WTH.

True, when Magmortar took the hit it was pushed back a little. I just gotta see how this match turns out because it looked like a little bubble popped in its face.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maybe that one is the weak girl samurott and the strong male one was the one kotetsu used on marlon.

Maybe that one is the weak girl samurott and the strong male one was the one kotetsu used on marlon.

I've got to look into that; I've seen some people posting about him having 2 Samurott (s)?

I've got to look into that; I've seen some people posting about him having 2 Samurott (s)?
1353904174316.jpg

Here you go. :)

1353904174316.jpg

Ok, I gotta know the story behind this bull crap. 2 of em! Either Oshawott will evolve or someone on his team will. He is at a huge disadvantage against 3 Water types and a fully evolved dragon type!

And he's not using Pikachu? Dang, that sucks he could own 3 of his 6 Pokemon with Thunderbolt alone...

I think Ash will win BUT its going to be a tough battle where I can see some new moves or something being learned.

1353904174316.jpg

Ok, I gotta know the story behind this bull crap. 2 of em! Either Oshawott will evolve or someone on his team will. He is at a huge disadvantage against 3 Water types and a fully evolved dragon type!

And he's not using Pikachu? Dang, that sucks he could own 3 of his 6 Pokemon with Thunderbolt alone...

I think Ash will win BUT its going to be a tough battle where I can see some new moves or something being learned.

He does use Pikachu. There's a magazine/comic scan in the 106/107 thread showing Pikachu beating one of the Samurott's and Swanna. So it looks like someone else is sitting this one out

We know that magazine scan is wrong about at least two things...Ash cannot be using a team of seven (Pikachu is shown in the centre, in fighting mode, with Riolu, so it acknowledges that he'll be battling), and he has a female Unfezant.

Ash cannot be using a team of seven (Pikachu is shown in the centre, in fighting mode, with Riolu, so it acknowledges that he'll be battling), and he has a female Unfezant.

Ash does use Pikachu here, but it seems SWANNA is his final opponent. Behold, PIKACHU defeats two of Kotetsu's pokemon!

http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org3666644.jpg
http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org3666645.jpg
http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org3666646.jpg
http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org3666650.jpg

Last edited:
It's possible that Ash doesn't use Pikachu in this battle (as unlikely as that will be), and instead he will use the six pokemon that are featured on the borders. We know Pignite is confirmed at least.

Pikachu was seen battling Kotetsu's pokemon in the comic, so he's confirmed.

EDIT: Bah, ninja'd.

1353904174316.jpg

He does use Pikachu. There's a magazine/comic scan in the 106/107 thread showing Pikachu beating one of the Samurott's and Swanna. So it looks like someone else is sitting this one out
Maybe Riolu will evolve into Lucario in order to beat Pikachu. This or Hydreigon is going to make his appearance.

True, when Magmortar took the hit it was pushed back a little. I just gotta see how this match turns out because it looked like a little bubble popped in its face.
Magmortar had his excuses, it was Paul's. But Bel's Emboar tanking Hydro Cannon... Only if he managed to burn Samurott somehow, that would be an excuse. Add this with the Attract and we can see the Emboar x Riolu battle, assuming that will be the final battle.

I really hope the comic is taking its liberties with the plot because Pikachu defeating 2 of Kotetsu's Pokémon is more then I can take. What is it with Unova and the overuse of Pikachu anyway? For Satoshi's team I want to believe that the female Unfeazant is a printing error and will be replaced in the battle by Pikachu. And, please,...don't let the kid own two Samurott. That's just plain stupid. Why not give the Eevee guy a full team of only Eevee next?

I really hope the comic is taking its liberties with the plot because Pikachu defeating 2 of Kotetsu's Pokémon is more then I can take. What is it with Unova and the overuse of Pikachu anyway? For Satoshi's team I want to believe that the female Unfeazant is a printing error and will be replaced in the battle by Pikachu. And, please,...don't let the kid own two Samurott. That's just plain stupid. Why not give the Eevee guy a full team of only Eevee next?
Uh, I see nothing wrong about Pikachu defeating a Samurott and a Swanna, the latter with 4x weakness against electric-type. Also, it's Ash's Pikachu. :T

the second Samurott is actually Zoroark

When quoting someone, please make sure to only quote the parts that are relevant to your post. That way, we don't get giant text pyramids.

Uh, I see nothing wrong about Pikachu defeating a Samurott and a Swanna, the latter with 4x weakness against electric-type. Also, it's Ash's Pikachu. :T

Type weaknesses aren't my point ( type weaknesses usually don't matter in BW anyway, for some reason). My point is that Pikachu, the Pokémon that has a ton of regions and big wins under its invisible belt, gets to beat 2 of Kotetsu's Pokémon and keeps shining like it did in most of BW while other Pokémon of Satoshi probably get shafted bacause of this. I hope Tsutarja and Palpitoad can actually shine in this match as well. Tsutarja would make as much sense in beating Samurott as Pikachu does by the way.
Swana is really a boring Pokémon battle-wise in my eyes anyway...

@Ash's Battle Coach

That's my bad, I haven't' seen all these magazine scans and previews that everyone else has. I gotta check em out sometime later on today. Wow, Pikachu better show that power that it usually does during league time! Glad it takes down Swanna considering the battle it had with one in the 6th gym. Maybe Boldore is the one sitting out? I mean based on the scan it has Oshawott AND Palpitoad, the 2 other Unova starters, Unfezant AND Boldore with Pikachu and Riolu on the with their battle faces on.

Can't wait to see what happens.

@Metan

I don't know how well the anime follows the game in that situation. When burned a Pokemon's Attack power decreases, and Hydro Cannon is a Sp. Attack so I don't think that is the case.

Yeah based on the preview it would seem the Riolu finishes off the battle but we shall see. If that attack it was using isn't Vacumm Wave then it might be Sonicboom after all considering BW has had a couple Pokemon use Wing Attack that aren't "legally" supposed to so Sonicboom wouldn't be an exception to this rule.

My PC doesn't like the uploads, what do the most recent ones show?

When quoting someone, please make sure to only quote the parts that are relevant to your post. That way, we don't get giant text pyramids.
Oh, I'm sorry. D:

Type weaknesses aren't my point ( type weaknesses usually don't matter in BW anyway, for some reason). My point is that Pikachu, the Pokémon that has a ton of regions and big wins under its invisible belt, gets to beat 2 of Kotetsu's Pokémon and keeps shining like it did in most of BW while other Pokémon of Satoshi probably get shafted bacause of this. I hope Tsutarja and Palpitoad can actually shine in this match as well. Tsutarja would make as much sense in beating Samurott as Pikachu does by the way.
Swana is really a boring Pokémon battle-wise in my eyes anyway...
Don't forget Hydreigon is considered a "Secret Weapon". It may turns out Hydreigon will beat Ash's Pokémon like Paul's Drapion did, back in Sinnoh League. They can make the one that didn't supposedly shine on the battlefield to beat Hydreigon, and that's where Pignite is.

Or they can just screw up everything =p
@Metan

I don't know how well the anime follows the game in that situation. When burned a Pokemon's Attack power decreases, and Hydro Cannon is a Sp. Attack so I don't think that is the case.

Yeah based on the preview it would seem the Riolu finishes off the battle but we shall see. If that attack it was using isn't Vacumm Wave then it might be Sonicboom after all considering BW has had a couple Pokemon use Wing Attack that aren't "legally" supposed to so Sonicboom wouldn't be an exception to this rule.
Uhm, the bad thing is I don't recall such case happening before. My theory is as screwed as that "Hydro Cannon" :T

I think it is Vacuum Wave. Ok, the attack seems more like with Sonicboom, but I can't see Riolu giving the same trouble to Pikachu as he would do with Vacuum Wave.

Last edited:
@Metan

Uhm, the bad thing is I don't recall such case happening before. My theory is as screwed as that "Hydro Cannon" :T

I think it is Vacuum Wave. Ok, the attack seems more like with Sonicboom, but I can't see Riolu giving the same trouble to Pikachu as he would do with Vacuum Wave.

Haha I know man I know...

True, but the attack animation for most attacks have changed from DP to BW not to mention that some attacks look very simliar to others like Aura Sphere/Dragon Pulse, Hidden Power/Zap Cannon/Energy Ball

So, really there is no telling I mean a female Crogunk had a Vacuum Wave that looked like hearts if I remember correctly and Zoey's Gallade had an epic variation of the move. Plus in the opening Riolu has like a clear tunnel blowing around it and then it fires the wave (that does favor Sonicboom) so yeah most likely it is Vacuum Wave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom