• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW122: Reshiram VS N! Beyond Truth and Ideals!!

So...Charizard didn't even fight Reshiram, something the into had hinted at, and worse than that Charizard wasn't even in this episode at all. Well thats dissapointing. But it's even more dissapointing and terrifying to see that Team Rocket might be going back to being comic reliefs again. I desperatley hope they don't. Otherwise I think the rest of this episode was pretty boring for Team Plasma's finale. 4/10.

This episode (and quite frankly the entire N/Plasma arc for that matter) was unimpressive, but I'm not surprised given the anime's history with the villianous teams.

Last edited:
On the whole, this was a rather average episode, but I can't say I care much because we've had worse. I was mostly annoyed by most characters being completely useless. In reality, the day was saved by Pikachu and Nyasu, which was... kind of lame. I was expecting something more badass.

But something that was pretty fucking awesome was in-character Rockets! I'm still keeping my expectations low, though...

I don't have anything concrete, but I do think it was due to its heroic willpower, or Pikachu was becoming immune from the beam due to already being blasted, and any Pokemon would become immune if it was blasted enough times.

I took it that as he used Electro Ball and shocked himself he could somehow control his actions.

The episode was pretty awesome and action packed having a satisfying conclusion to Episode N, with every character getting a chance to shine. Reshiram was really epic and N was a very compelling and interesting character in his run. The conversations about Pokemon and humans were interesting and helped make this Team Plasma arc my favorite villain arc.

I am late on this but this was the best Episode I think since the Charizard Episode and this was just good.

This finale had its moments, but not quite as epic as I might have hoped - though still decent, I guess. It more or less met my expectations, so I'm satisfied enough at least.

I just watched it, and I'm probably going to watch it again when I get subtitles, but this episode was really enjoyable nonetheless. All those various facial expressions impressed me (in a hilarious way XDD). Also, the part where Reshiram goes on rampage was pretty cool - showing how Reshiram was really powerful, but yet had even more potential power, according to Colress. Speaking of Colress, he actually gives out the attack orders for once lol.

Also, his line was simply epic. After he successfully gets Reshiram under the control of his machine, he says "AWESOME!! I AM AWESOME!!" (I think it was "Subarashii!! Watashiga Subarashii!! or so XDD). Talk about overly-dramatic gestures XDD

Just a random, trivial note, but Colress looking excited about something (probably a new theory he came up with or so - I'll need subtitles for that) while they're being arrested was pretty funny XDD

EDIT: Okay, just watched the subtitles, but after a little depression that the Pokemon Control Machine was a failure, he gets hyped up on the idea of creating a machine that can let them talk to pokemons XDD

Nice line there, especially since it was indirectly noted in the games that Colress had thought it would be a brilliant idea if one could understand what pokemon were saying.

0E3UzVP.jpg

Everyone's feeling down after their plans are thwarted... but lol, Colress... I really can't hate this guy XDD

So my point was that Colress pretty much made Episode N really fun for me XDD

The only thing that disappointed me here was no Reshiram vs Charizard. That would've been really epic, though.

Last edited:
This was quite a nice episode, which may have not been the way it was expected, but was still okay.
We finally got a helpful TR moment, which hasn't been done since Litwick Mansion, and Meowth kicked SERIOUS butt for the very first time in BW. We may have not gotten lots of Looker/JJM moments, but we finally got something. There was no Charizard v Reshiram, but since Reshiram wasn't the Great Badass, I don't care.
Also, this episode had by far the best Uberchu moment ever. BY FAR. This gave it lots of points as a team Climax.
Still, Reshiram wasn't that important and Ghetsis allowed Grouping Up as a Free Action , since Reshiram got two Uberhits at the beginning and one third to crush TP. Nothing in between. Great job, Ghetsis. Face the consequences.

N leaving was rushed, bo so was most of the climax. I have learned to accept rushed plots. It's allright, we won't see them again after all, won't we?
(I would still like N and Reshiram to leave together... Daydreaming :p)

BTW, irrelevant to the topic, can that song that played in the DA preview be the next opening?

BW122 In one phrase: IT'S OVER.
Gladly that mix of Looker, Ash's Charizard, N, Ghetsis, Colress, Cheren, Red Genesect and Reshiram is over... :))

We all knew that the ending of this arc would be rushed. Somehow Pikachu managed to resist Colress' device (when no other pokemon could) with the power of friendship and Ash's voice, and whatnot, and at the same time was able to calm down Reshiram with its electric attacks so they could work together.

Once again, Looker didn't do jack. His only claim to fame in the entire episode was convincing TRio to assist Ash and co. instead of hiding behind the bushes in awe of Reshiram's power. And even then, it felt that TRio was going to fight back anyway.

This episode also reminded us at how incompetent Team Plasma's henchmen and pokemon are. If Meowth was able to effortlessly stop a few Liepard, then it was all the more reason why Team Plasma had to rely on Colress to control stronger pokemon for them. Without Colress' machine, Team Plasma would never had made it as far as they had with their endgame.

Most of the plot of this episode wasn't too impressive. It was predictable that Reshiram would fly away by itself while N was saying his farewells to Ash and co.

At the very least, TRio seemed to act much more in pre-BW character than they had in past BW episodes. The "ii kanji" at the end of the battle didn't feel monotonous at all.

^Probably because they hoped Ghetsis would grow tired of Achroma's enthusiasm and make god use of that cane?

Mmmm, I waited awhile to see this, maybe this is why I come out more indifferent then underwhelmed. What an odd way to end it. And my god, it seemed like the animators made N look terrible in every shot this episode.

The arc was fun as a whole though. It wasn't anywhere near what I expected to be, but I won't complain too much since I just wanted an N episode/arc so badly in the first place.

Colress stole the show for me though. I did not expect to enjoy him as much as I did. "I'm so amazing" lol.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom