• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW134: Pansy Appears! Erikiteru and Gogoat!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Translated summary, courtesy of Adamant.

Incredibly, new Pokémon from the name games set to release in October, 'Pokemon X and Y', are appearing in the anime already now! Also, the Pokémon Reporter Pansy becomes a new travelmate? And a Pokémon sumo tournament begins, too!!

Summary:
As they're journeying across Harvest Island, Satoshi and friends meet a woman named Pansy, who introduces herself as a Pokémon Reporter. Pansy, alongside her 'Ride Pokémon' Gogoat and her 'Generation Pokémon' Erikiter, has come from the Kalos region to do an article.

She tells them there's an old tradition on Harvest Island of holding a festival to express gratitude over the harvest the trees bring, so the mistakes of the past will not be repeated. The group accompanies Pansy as she does her coverage while the celebratory festival plays out. The main event of the festival is a Pokémon sumo tournament, where the winner will be given a 'Focus Band' and a selection of the berries that are Harvest Island's specialty. Satoshi decides to enter with Chaoboo, Dent with Yanappu, and Iris with Kairyu! What will happen now!?

Voice cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Mamoru Miyano: Dent
Aoi Yuki: Iris
Minami Tsuda: Kibago
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Misato Fukuen: Mijumaru
Wasabi Mizuta: Chaoboo
Kensuke Sato: Kairyu
Chika Fujimura: Yanappu
Aya Endo: Pansy
Masayuki Kato: Parker
Subaru Kimura: Yukiya
Kiyotaka Furushima
Unsho Ishizuka: Narration

So, it seems they're having a Sumo Tournament and each Satoshi-tachi member is entering, Kairyu for Iris because it's a massive Pokemon. Chaobu for Satoshi because it is a sumo Pokemon and also massive. Dento using Yanappu seems a tad weird, but Iwapalace isn't a large Pokemon without its shell by any means. Actually it makes sense now that I think about it, Iwapalace doesn't have hands. I'm almost positive this episode won't be centralized solely around the Sumo Tournament, given we see Satoshi, Pansy, Pikachu and fillerboy jumping a cliff with Gogoat, which is unfortunate. I think I would prefer an episode of nothing but battling. It's also a shame Lizardon isn't really getting any usage, but I'm not too torn up about it. After all Chaobu is probably a better choice anyway.

As for Team Rocket and the Mij, I really think both of their presences will be largely unneeded this episode. As much as I really like Mijumaru he doesn't seem like he'll be a key factor in this episode. Probably just fearing Golugh, since that's a running gag for him to cower away from more intimidating Pokemon. A bit strange since he showed no fear taking on Sanzandora at the Isshu League. As for TR, I see none of their Pokemon are listed so maybe they'll get a quick Zoroark episode-esque elimination without doing anything?

A Focus Band present certainly is unique, but it usually never works in-game where you get hit and there's a tiny chance you'll survive. That could come in-handy for whatever person gets it. I'm banking on possibly Dento winning the tournament since he's taking on the broadcast data Pokemon. Though that might just mean his Yanappu will get used as fodder, I'd like it if Chaobu evolved and won, as unlikely as it is. Arm Thrust or Heavy Slam would make a lot of sense in this case.

Last edited:
Doesn't Ash already have a Focus Band from DP057 (Which was even seen in the beginning of BW001)? I think this basically confirms he won't be winning this tournament.

Doesn't Ash already have a Focus Band from DP057 (Which was even seen in the beginning of BW001)? I think this basically confirms he won't be winning this tournament.
The headband that Beadaru wears during that episode (and is given to the main characters at the end) has a similar design to the Focus Band but is not stated to be one.

If anyone needs to win something it's Cilan. Iris already won something and so did Ash. Atleast do something for Cilan before kicking him off. Although I hope Ash wins anyway

Last edited:
At one side I love tournaments and I'm looking forward to this episode, but on another side, when summaries say the tournament is going to take place in the latter half of the episode, you know it's going to be extremely rushed with one shot battles.

Would've been cool of they'd brought back Ash's old Sumo champ Snorlax, but I know they never would've done that.

Last edited:
If you watch the preview, you can hear them mention the Kalos region. Assuming the Best Wishes series ends at 148 episodes, this is the earliest in a series we've had mention of the next region in the anime. I like the fact that the Pokedex didn't recognize Gogoat, they haven't done that since late AG. Oh wait, they haven't done any next-gen Pokemon in the anime since late AG. Also, Dragonite vs. Beartic again. Just sayin'.

I hear everyone complain about Dragonite vs. Beartic but this is a sumo contest mening no moves just raw mussle.
and i want to see snorlax if it is sumo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom