• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Cartoon Network - Seasons 1-9 Marathon

Kriegsaffe No. 9

Pikachu f'taghn!
Reaction score
I never saw the Blaine gymfight, so this is some good stuff. Rock to the on.

Gonna be stickin' around as best I can--aside from lawnmowery, I don't have much investment in doing stuff today.

I'm waiting till the Johto episodes air, as I have seen Kanto and Hoenn episode way more times.

Still, it makes me realize the flaws the old episodes had I overlooked when I was young...although, most of these episodes they picked happen to be my favorite Kanto ones, so I'm happy (they didn't do a good job with the ones for Battle Frontier, imo, besides Mime Jr. and Tucker's episodes).

And, Brock in his first episode...sounds like Kaiba!

Last edited:
Well, he's always been done by the same guy (well, 4kids era), but this episode it is plainly obvious (wasn't when I first saw it, for obvious reasons).

Damn, Brock's whole character did a 180 after that.

YAYZ! They showed the Giselle episode! *huggles Giselle*

Strangely, they went from that all the way to the Princess episode. Quite a jump, ain't it?

I'm watching the marathon. I'm actually quite enjoying it. I forgot how much I used to like the anime when it first came on. n_n

I'm actually really happy with the Johto episodes on the list. CN made sure to pick some of the better Johto episodes to show and leave out all the really crappy ones.

Make sure you guys catch "Wired for Battle" especially, that episode hasn't aired in years and you get to see Ash's Heracross kick ass in battle. You can't ask for anything more!

My day-
5:50- Wake up to Pikachu alarm clock playing the Pokémon Theme, get dressed in full Kanto Ash cosplay (Pokéballs and Pokédex included), grab Pikachu plushie and DS lite (to play during commercial breaks), slip on Pikachu slippers, and run out to the living room like a crazy maniac
6:00- Start watching, nostalgic due to seeing the first theme on the television screen
6:50 (approx.)- Wakes up mother due to laughing at Vileplume's voice. "VILE-PLAAAUME"
6:50 to present time- Still watching, having only gotten up during commercial breaks

....I'm so friggin obsessed. I've seen the majority of these episodes a million times; I own all of them on DVD or VHS (some manually taped). *shot* Someone please help me and tell me that I'm not the only one that's sat in front of the television all day....

Well, I've been watching since "Princess Vs. Princess". And, I only missed a few episodes after that.

Boy, oh boy I'm enjoying this marathon :-D.

Funny, the captions are scrolling rather than being put up a line at a time. It's really rather distracting.

So, anyone we know announced as trivia winners? I got a perfect score on the test, but I can't remember what name I used.

Anyways, I'm watching "The Wayward Wobbuffet" (=3), and I now remember why I loved this episode so much.

I've not seen most of these episodes of Pokemon, so today's part of the marathon has been quite educational. Ludicolo is lulz-inducin'; Mawile was cute as the dickens; and Gardevoir-Jesse (whom I saw on YouTube first) is much hotter than one would anticipate.

Also, the Kyohre/Groudon ep was hell of epic. That was cool.

I watched the marathon all day yesterday.

And I'm doing the same for today. ^_^

I love these episodes!!

They're awesome!!!! :-D

I quite enjoyed watching the marathon. Gah! It was just choke-full of memories and I really wish Cartoon Network would show Advanced and Advanced Challenge on their regular schedule! I'm very, very surprised by the amount of Advanced Challenge they showed, actually (and they picked so many good ones!). I've been on my lazy bum all day yesterday and all day today... Cartoon Network doesn't even know the amount of dizzy spells they caused me each time I had to, um, well, empty the bladder.

But I've never had a bigger urge to burn Bratz dolls and possibly send hate mail to Andre 3000. Thank JESUS I'm done watching otherwise one more viewing of either those commercials might have caused a rage attack.

Wai, I am so depressed. ;-; Lordy, it just makes me realize how much I love this show.. And seeing how much the characters have developed was awesome! I watched almost all of it, but my friend was able to record the entire marathon (minus two hours at the end for obvious reasons). I was so excited to watch Johto!! They played some really awesome episodes and I am soo thrilled that they included Pikachu's Jukebox and the Pokemon-Karaokemon songs!!!

Funny, the captions are scrolling rather than being put up a line at a time. It's really rather distracting.

So, anyone we know announced as trivia winners? I got a perfect score on the test, but I can't remember what name I used.
The captions were horrible. They took up like 1/3 of the TV screen and the actual text wasn't that large at all. xD
I wasn't on there either!! I remember getting a perfect score.. I was rather upset that I didn't show up, and it wasn't like they didn't have time to list all the names -- I think they repeated the names over 3-4 times..

I didn't like the BF episodes they picked, besides the first two, nor the horrid lack of OI.

Otherwise, lots of great episodes. Can't wait till DP now.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom