• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Cartoon Network - Seasons 1-9 Marathon

The voices changed so much throughout the whole thing, I had no problem when the VA's really changed.
Well..... Yeah? Selected episodes of eight years shown in two days -- You're going to see development in the voices. Although you must realize this is because the characters themselves developed per season.

YEah, especially Ash's voice. I mean, Veronica Taylor picked up his voice near the begining, but she changed it so ofton that there really isn't a good consitency with his voice. James is another one who's just like that.

Jim! <3 ^^

Best Satoshi/Ashj VA ever is still Rica! She rocks my socks ^^
Because Ash matured during the course of the seasons. Compare Ash in the first episode to the Ash in "Pasta La Vista". Veronica always has consistency. She, like all the others, just grew with the seasons.

And Rika has developed too -- It's funny how everyone comments on Veronica's "change" in performance these past eight years, yet no one mentions how Rika developed Satoshi.

If you want to hear a real change, look at Episode 001 Nyasu vs. current-day Nyasu. It sounds like two completely different voice actors.

I loved the Jotho part of the marathon <3

I was going to wake up at 5:30am just to watch the Silver Conference part (I like Harrison >w<) but I fell asleep and woke up to the Hoenn part. I don't like Hoenn as much and I forgot to turn off my dish so by the time I figured that out, that tv had watched all of the marathon....including the BF part...D:

You're upset that you watched high-quality episodes? Does that even make any sense?

Why do you always go around stating that Houen is good as if it was an undeniable fact?

Some people just have different opinions.

I loved this marathon. Wired for Battle was one of my all-time favorite episodes, and I'm glad they showed it again. And of course, i love the lugia episodes, but who dosen't. I did obese amounts of homework during the first day, and i missed the last few hours due to my friends birthday, but that's it. And as I watched Ash's charizard not listen to him, I realized that the reason it evolved so fast is because it was taken from another trainer, and they counted it as traded. Am I the only one who didn't realize this?

What do you mean mastermind voices? Ash and Brock and so forth all had differant voices in that episode then the voices that they were changed to now. I'm simply saying that I like the new new voices then the ones in the Mirage pokemon episode.

lonepichu, I think you're confused about the VA ordeal. There are two dubs of Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon. In the redub, ONLY Ash's voice was changed. In the original dub, he was voiced by Kayzie Rogers (Max). In the redub, he was voiced by Sarah Natochenny, a completely new voice actor. The Battle Frontier dub had the same VAs as the original Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon dub, save Ash, who is still voiced by Sarah Natochenny.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom