• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Category Revamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

evkl

Person-about-Bulba
Reaction score
The top-level categories are being arranged to better-reflect our central mission. Below you can find a list of the new top-level category order. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks for bearing with us through "Project Refresh"--this spring cleaning.
-evkl and the Bulbagarden staff

----

1.Bulbagarden General
2.Pokemon Forums
3.Bulbasaur's Wireless Garden
4.Role-Playing Games
5.The Creative Corner
6.Bulbagarden Projects
7.The World Beyond

Fun & Games definitely belongs in the games corner...

• Staff
The Games Corner will be experiencing a significant revamp over the next few days as well. I think that'll better-inform the move.

Out of sheer laziness, it is hard to reach the Soap Box and I fear that it will become less active due to its sub-forum position.

But remember, this is a Pokémon forum, so political debate is not particularly high on most people's usage of it.

Shouldn't Flash Point be in The Games Corner, it is a role-playing game.

Because of its very specific The Real World focus, we aren't considering it a roleplaying game.

Also, administratively I'm running it with Evil Figment, and that's our zone.

Out of sheer laziness, it is hard to reach the Soap Box and I fear that it will become less active due to its sub-forum position.

Not every forum can be on top, and due to the very special nature of the Soap Box - a forum where people actually yell and shout at each other, and where the tolerance to flames is very high - it really should not be a top-level forum. Top-level forums should be of more general interest.

It's Outside the Box now.

Why is the "club" section in Outside the box? If you notice, most of the clubs there are about the anime characters. (i.e. Ash club, TR club, Misty club, etc.) which has to do with Pokemon, not non-Pokemon things.

Wasn't that club section unneeded once the social groups part was added to the forums?

I'm curious why the Creative Corner is still and now the Roleplaying District is also before Bulbagarden Projects. Bulbapedia and friends are a major part of the site after all, yet the projects section is nearly the bottommost section.

Otherwise, I think this is OK.

I think the whole issue was keeping things such as Pokemon directly together. While Bulbapedia and co. is solidly Pokemon its not quite as important on the forum itself.

Also, what do you mean about the Roleplay District and the Creative Corner?

Last edited:
Why is the "club" section in Outside the box? If you notice, most of the clubs there are about the anime characters. (i.e. Ash club, TR club, Misty club, etc.) which has to do with Pokemon, not non-Pokemon things.

Wasn't that club section unneeded once the social groups part was added to the forums?

Clubs were part of the old Outside the Box section. Until we get the Social Groups on track, pending the vB upgrade, the large ones will remain open.

^ So eventually all those character clubs will be closed down and replaced with the social groups fully?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom