• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Cells at Work Mafia - Endgame (09/02/2020)

Well okay Pod, I can confirm someone tried to kill me last night, so I guess it was you. But I really don't get why you targeted me? I mean, I claimed something that is pretty tricky to claim too and did it on day 2.
You can? How’s that?

And to be fair, if you turned out to be Mafia, you could potentially justify two Vigilantes existing since that’s not unheard of. It’s only the possibility of three that got me really doubting you, but maybe I’m wrong to anyways...

Another theory I have about why it didn't work 2 days, is maybe that you are insane? Is an insane Flying Pumpkin would reverse the odds?
That’s one theory, yes. But depending on how you know I targeted you, maybe I didn’t roll the 25% Bulletproofer N2 after all...

If Kender and Snowy were both 1*Bulletproof, we should consider that one of them may be scum. It would seem a beneficial role for both alignments considering all the killing power supposedly built into this game.
2x vig and Flying Pumpkin ._. ... with Bulletproof-ify powers!?!?
To be fair, I think the Pumpkin having a chance to make the target bulletproof for the night is pretty standard. As far as that particular role goes, at least, but of course variants exist.

Who did you target N1? Felly?
Oh shit I think I forgot to respond to this. I’m, uh, not exactly proud of this decision but it was before I started leaning Town on them. Sorry I tried to kill you, HumanDawn. :v
Well, I was told that someone attacked me in the night, but I'm still alive. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
So, you weren’t Bulletproof (as far as you knew) but you were told somebody attacked you? I find it bizarre that you would be alerted to an attempt on your life at all if your role weren’t Bulletproof from the start.

That’s one theory, yes. But depending on how you know I targeted you, maybe I didn’t roll the 25% Bulletproofer N2 after all...

If Kender and Snowy were both 1*Bulletproof, we should consider that one of them may be scum. It would seem a beneficial role for both alignments considering all the killing power supposedly built into this game.

Who did you target N1? We could ask them - Me? I got no message of being attacked, just that Kender flipped Town in my check.

Kender being told she was attacked and given a bulletproof instead makes sense, because while she is being attacked, Mafia can't intervene. But I got no message of me being attacked, so I sent a PM to Zinnlav to check if they sent me everything.

To be fair, I think the Pumpkin having a chance to make the target bulletproof for the night is pretty standard. As far as that particular role goes, at least, but of course variants exist.

My surprise comes from it technically being another protection role claim, which would up Town's to five, again, if yours and Snowy's are to be believed.

Well, if you targetted HD, HD, did you get a notification that someone tried to attack you on N1?

Another theory would be that Pod made me Bulletproof and someone else tried to kill me? :eek: And at the end Pod protected me from someone.

I mean, I was the Vig, so having 2 shots was certainly a possibility.

Who did you target N1? We could ask them - Me? I got no message of being attacked, just that Kender flipped Town in my check.

Kender being told she was attacked and given a bulletproof instead makes sense, because while she is being attacked, Mafia can't intervene. But I got no message of me being attacked, so I sent a PM to Zinnlav to check if they sent me everything.

My surprise comes from it technically being another protection role claim, which would up Town's to five, again, if yours and Snowy's are to be believed.

Well, since you didn’t, ya know, die, HD, I’d reckon that I rolled the 25% Bulletproof when I targeted you...if that’s actually the true odds and not some BS in my role pm. :v So I don’t think you’d have been told anything like that anyways.

And yeah, like Kender just said...the protective aspect of my role is rather unreliable since the most likely outcome of using it (again, unless my role pm BS’d me) is a kill instead. But it’d be hilarious if it turns out my role is legit and I still Bulletproofed my targets twice in a row. XD

ExLight - Tracker?
KenderCharmeleon - 2x Vig
Lone_Garurumon - ???
CyanideCrystal - ???
MegaPod - Pumpkin
Snowy - 1x Bulletproof, used up
Tood - ???
KingofSparta39 - ???
HumanDawn - 2x Cop

Well, since you didn’t, ya know, die, HD, I’d reckon that I rolled the 25% Bulletproof when I targeted you...if that’s actually the true odds and not some BS in my role pm. :v So I don’t think you’d have been told anything like that anyways.

Yeah, but Kender claims to have been told to have been attacked N2, but I got nothing N1.

Yeah, but Kender claims to have been told to have been attacked N2, but I got nothing N1.
Yes. Which means if he is telling the truth, some killing action targeted him, whereas technically no such thing would’ve happened to you. I think question is whether my role was what saved him or was counted as the attempt on his life :unsure:

*EDITED TO FIX THE FRICKING EMOJI*

Yes. Which means if he is telling the truth, some killing action targeted him, whereas technically no such thing would’ve happened to you. I think question is whether my role was what saved him or was counted as the attempt on his life :unsure:

*EDITED TO FIX THE FRICKING EMOJI*

If you were insanified, your role could have switched percentages. Another killing role targeting Kender is interesting... maybe it was a protection one which was insanified and could kill instead

Who would you vote right now?

So, you think HumanDawn’s vote switch to Felly doomed Lone 1.0 because there were no other players besides him with a vote on them? That would assume HumanDawn knew Felly’s role from the start, but that wouldn’t stop anyone else from changing their own votes to save Lone (if they even knew for sure he was in any danger of being lynched) or start a new wagon. The flaw with your accusation is that you imply HD made any other outcome of D1 impossible by voting Felly. Granted, if HD and Felly are scum together, HumanDawn could’ve still placed the vote for distancing knowing there’d be no immediate consequences for either of them, but at best that makes it plausible they’re scumbuds, and isn’t concretely scummy behavior. Do you see now what we mean?

Hmm, you tried to kill me N1, but then defended me D2?

Yeahhh, the whole killing thing was before I reread closer. :v

If I had to vote somebody...well let’s see. I’ll use a list to help me decide.

ExLight - I dunno about this guy and his claim. I’ll wait for him to come back and elaborate on it.
KenderCharmeleon - I am still somewhat paranoid that him being a killing role makes too many killing roles for the Town faction to have, but I’m not 100% confident he’s scum either.
Lone_Garurumon - He seems pretty genuine to me.
CyanideCrystal - Hasn’t really been looking scummy to me lately, but nothing cements him as absolutely Town yet, so this could go either way depending on future evidence or anything I pick up rereading later.
MegaPod - I’m not voting this guy.
Snowy - Looking back on this day, HD’s gambit pretty much makes Snowy not Mafia.
Tood - Hmm, I’ll have to reread to see what I think of Tood.
KingofSparta39 - still been flying under the radar ever since their D1 wagoning, methinks.
HumanDawn - pretty dang certain they’re Town at this point :p

Well, that helped me decide.
Vote: KingofSparta
Yoohoo, got anything to say, King?

I am paranoid of Snowy because her role makes many protection roles. She could have voted KingOfSparta but voted Felly instead, if she were Mafia it would be easier for her to go for KingOfSparta to mislynch, but she didn't. Could Snowy be the 1x Bulletproof Cancer and wanted ? IIRC, she mentioned it first when voting Felly, but I need to check on that.

I've seen Tood online today but no post yet.

Regarding KingoS, Zinnlav mentioned in the Discord chat that they were looking for subs for the game, but didn't want to say who. I wonder if it's KingoS.

KenderCharmeleon - I am still somewhat paranoid that him being a killing role makes too many killing roles for the Town faction to have, but I’m not 100% confident he’s scum either.

Maybe there is 3 killing roles on our sides, but don't forget that Mafia side might be as boosted as our sides. We know a bit about Cancer role, and it's already pretty powerful. Maybe that role is neutral or Mafia who knows. Also, the thing that I've been notified about my killing attempt makes me think that probably at least two people tried to kill me last night, including Pod.

I don't get how you think that Snowy not Mafia. I'm less convinced than the start of this day that Snowy is Mafia for sure, but for me, it's our best bet. There is a lot of time left. so I can always change mind later.

I got a reply from the host, and they said that I would only be notified if somebody tried to kill me in the same night that I was protected. This means that somebody tried killing Kender in N2 while they were being protected.

@ExLight Did you use another role on Kender in the same night?

This is a lot of reading to do, but my thoughts so far:

No reason to doubt HD's cop claim, especially since he hasn't been counterclaimed by anybody else yet. I don't distrust MegaPod either, because flying pupmkin feels like a weird thing to fakeclaim.

Kender apparently being attacked last night is interesting... If MegaPod bulletproofed her and someone else tried to kill her, then town has 4 potential killing roles, which seems a bit busted. Town would also have a lot of protection assuming everyone is telling the truth.

Vote: Snowy

At least for now. I may change it after more discussion, but bulletproof seems like it would be better off as a mafia role given how much protection and firepower town (apparently) have.

This is a lot of reading to do, but my thoughts so far:

No reason to doubt HD's cop claim, especially since he hasn't been counterclaimed by anybody else yet. I don't distrust MegaPod either, because flying pupmkin feels like a weird thing to fakeclaim.

Kender apparently being attacked last night is interesting... If MegaPod bulletproofed her and someone else tried to kill her, then town has 4 potential killing roles, which seems a bit busted. Town would also have a lot of protection assuming everyone is telling the truth.

Vote: Snowy

At least for now. I may change it after more discussion, but bulletproof seems like it would be better off as a mafia role given how much protection and firepower town (apparently) have.

If two killing roles tried killing Kender because of their vigilante claim... then Megapod's kill attempt saved Kender from a different kill.

Or there is another protection role we don't know about that been used on me, and Pod killing actually worked. I don't think that Snowy would try to protect me though.

Yeah, that thought came to me after a while too. Snowy didn't claim they could protect anyone.

Back
Top Bottom