• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Complete My Team!

Hi! I'm new here but i'm looking to build a team to stomp all my friends with^^ I'm going to start building it on Monday since i'll be off school for a week so give me some ideas!

Krookodile
Jolly / Choice Scarf / Moxie
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
Earthquake
Crunch
Stone Edge
Pursuit

My idea here was to use pursuit to get the KO on ghost types trying to switch out.

Gengar
Timid / Life Orb / Levitate
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Speed
Substitute
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Pain Split

One of my friends has a Blissey and this came recommended to me for it.

Drapion
Careful / Leftovers / Battle Armor
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Speed
Toxic Spikes
Taunt
Crunch
Earthquake

I'll most likely use this to set up spikes and keep earthquake for any steel types that may show up. Crunch for ghosts aswell.

So thats what I have so far. Im fairly new to this whole battling thing so i'm not too sure if my ideas will be viable against any kind of team so help out if you can:)

Hi! I'm new here but i'm looking to build a team to stomp all my friends with^^ I'm going to start building it on Monday since i'll be off school for a week so give me some ideas!

Krookodile
Jolly / Choice Scarf / Moxie
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
Earthquake
Crunch
Stone Edge
Pursuit

My idea here was to use pursuit to get the KO on ghost types trying to switch out.

Gengar
Timid / Life Orb / Levitate
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Speed
Substitute
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Pain Split

One of my friends has a Blissey and this came recommended to me for it.

Drapion
Careful / Leftovers / Battle Armor
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Speed
Toxic Spikes
Taunt
Crunch
Earthquake

I'll most likely use this to set up spikes and keep earthquake for any steel types that may show up. Crunch for ghosts aswell.

So thats what I have so far. Im fairly new to this whole battling thing so i'm not too sure if my ideas will be viable against any kind of team so help out if you can:)

Gengar won't be able to take on a Blissey - not if the Blissey's being used well, anyway. You'll need something with a strong, physical Fighting-type move to take it down quickly/force a switch. I'd recommend Infernape if you want it to be quick, or Conkeldurr if you want it to be stronger - although, make sure to get something that resists Water-type attacks if you go for Infernape.

I need help with my sunny day sweeper team please.

I have right now are: Ninetales (Drought) Charizard (Solar Power ability), Liligant, and I need 3 more. Suggestions?

Why those three?

Darmanitan's Flare Blitz is ridiculous under Sun, Golduck has Cloud Nine so you can still use Water-type attacks, and I'm guessing Donphan because it's a good Spinner/Hazard for Sun teams.

I need help with my sunny day sweeper team please.

I have right now are: Ninetales (Drought) Charizard (Solar Power ability), Liligant, and I need 3 more. Suggestions?

You will like this.
From my experience Hydreigon is a complete beast but the article contains many useful suggestions.

@Aeis and @Jackspers Noirlecrow

Gengar will defeat Blissey easily if toxic spikes are up.

Last edited:
Erm, Drapion? And they have Toxic Spikes listed on the set they posted...

Wow, I'm failing pretty badly today. I'd apologise but it's a simple mistake.

I'd still see a problem with Blissey, though - Cleric sets do exist, Rapid Spinners are still used, and there are Poison-types in use.

Wow, I'm failing pretty badly today. I'd apologise but it's a simple mistake.

I'd still see a problem with Blissey, though - Cleric sets do exist, Rapid Spinners are still used, and there are Poison-types in use.

Blissey cannot do anything to Gengar.
The Pain Split set is akin to the Disable set, but the approach to this set is much more offensive. Pain Split acts like a third attacking move capable of muscling through typical counters with massive HP stats such as Blissey, Chansey, and Snorlax. Furthermore, Pain Split works perfectly in conjunction with Substitute and Life Orb, and even benefits from the residual damage from sandstorm and hail. The closer Gengar's health bar gets to zero, the more HP Gengar can suck away from its opponents. Gengar's coverage is impressive, and it can act as a fail-safe sweeper at any given time even with the absence of an extra coverage move.

The combination of Substitute and Pain Split allows Gengar to take out Pokemon it normally would not be able to, most notably Blissey. After Substitute and two Pain Splits (or one if sandstorm is in effect), Blissey's health will be low enough that Focus Blast 2HKOes. This means that Blissey will be forced to constantly heal herself or risk being KOed. Pain Split has 32 PP, while Wish and Softboiled have 16, meaning that Gengar can easily stall Blissey out. Finally, most Blissey are unable to break Gengar's Substitutes, meaning Gengar can usually come out of the duel unscathed.

Toxic Spikes is the most beneficial form of entry hazard to use with this set in order to hasten the damaging process against the likes of Blissey. Forretress makes an excellent supporter who can provide all types of hazards, especially Toxic Spikes. Ferrothorn makes a great partner, able to open up opportunities for Gengar to switch in, in addition to providing entry hazards. Heatran should also be considered as an offensive partner due to its ability to draw in more opportunities for Gengar to switch in. Gengar has such atrocious defenses that it's actually quite difficult to pull off strategies like this, so always consider Pokemon that draw in Normal- and Ground-type attacks for Gengar to switch in on.

With such a direct approach to this set, Gengar is highly capable of beating many special walls with some good timing. As a result, it is recommended that Gengar is paired with sweepers who would normally have a difficult time bypassing said walls. Life Orb Latios, Volcarona, and Choice Specs Politoed make fine offensive partners who are all capable of sweeping after these special walls are eliminated.

However, Gengar wouldn't be able to KO that quickly, something that I see as important. Even though you've said why Gengar wouldn't be troubled by it, having a Fighting-type attack - and a Pokèmon that can use it well - is going to help anyway.

However, Gengar wouldn't be able to KO that quickly, something that I see as important. Even though you've said why Gengar wouldn't be troubled by it, having a Fighting-type attack - and a Pokèmon that can use it well - is going to help anyway.

I wont deny that fighting types are useful but blisseys will always lose to Gengar whether directly or due to a pp stall war.

Never meant to cause a sort of mini-arguement xD So can anybody suggest some pokemon for my team or should I just use whatever I can get my hands on :S

Darmanitan's Flare Blitz is ridiculous under Sun, Golduck has Cloud Nine so you can still use Water-type attacks, and I'm guessing Donphan because it's a good Spinner/Hazard for Sun teams.

Honestly Hitmontop would be a better choice of spinner because it checks two major weather starters in Abomasnow and Tyranitar.

Never meant to cause a sort of mini-arguement xD So can anybody suggest some pokemon for my team or should I just use whatever I can get my hands on :S

What is your playing style, offensive/defensive/etc? Also are you more of a casual battler or competitive?

I think I'm going to play offensive. And I'm more of a casual battler as I've just started to do it.

If so, then may i suggest Hyper offense, in which you put a team of Duel screens + 3 to 4 sweepers + a couple of supporters.

Basically your strategy is to set up dual screens i.e Reflect and Light Screen with a Pokemon like Espeon and then pack powerful sweepers like Haxorus or support mons like Jirachi or even baton passers. If you are interested in HO, you might like reading this article. Obviously you might have to change your team completely, but in my opinion Hyper Offense is one of the easiest to use strategy.

Once, you determine you core, that is the Pokemon which are the base of your team, we can give more specific advises for your team.

Re: General Discussion

What Pokemon should I use with thise? And What Items should I put on? Can you Rate this here?
File:Spr_5b_635.png

Hydreigon
Ability: Levitate
Item: None
Moves
Crunch (might replace with energy ball.)
Dragon Rush (Replace with Draco Meteor.)
Dragon Pulse
Dark Pulse

File:Spr_5b_579.png

Reunclus
Ability: Magic Guard
Item: None
Moves
Shadow Ball
Confuse Ray
Psyshock
Psychic

File:Spr_5b_609.png

Chandlure
Ability: Flame Body
Item: None (might give white herb or air balloon
Moves
Shadow Ball
Inferno
Overheat
Heat Wave

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom