• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Complete My Team!

I'm going to need some help creating a new team. My first team is pretty hopeless, I've won a single battle out of the many I've fought because the Pokemon in my team don't match up very good. I've already decided on four of my Pokemon:

Hydreigon
Nature: Timid
Ability: Levitate
Moveset: Outrage, Flamethrower, Earthquake, Tri Attack

Crobat
Nature: Gentle
Ability: Inner Focus
Moveset: Sludge Bomb, Roost, Wing Attack, Fly

Arbok
Nature: Serious
Ability: Shed Skin
Moveset: Crunch, Sludge Bomb, Earthquake, Toxic

Entei
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Pressure
Moveset: Flare Blitz, Flamethrower, Crush Claw, ExtremeSpeed

Any ideas? Thanks! =)

Last edited:
I'm going to need some help creating a new team. My first team is pretty hopeless, I've won a single battle out of the many I've fought because the Pokemon in my team don't match up very good. I've already decided on four of my Pokemon:

Hydreigon
Ability: Levitate
Moveset: Outrage, Flamethrower, Earthquake, Tri Attack

Crobat
Nature: Gentle
Ability: Inner Focus
Moveset: Sludge Bomb, Roost, Wing Attack, Fly

Arbok
Nature: Serious
Ability: Shed Skin
Moveset: Crunch, Sludge Bomb, Earthquake, Toxic

Entei
Ability: Pressure
Moveset: Flare Blitz, Flamethrower, Crush Claw, ExtremeSpeed

Any ideas? Thanks! =)

Replace earthquake and Tri attack with u-turn and Focus Blast/surf on your Hydra.

Replace the sludge bomb with toxic,
Wing attack with Brave Bird and Fly with taunt on Crobat. I would suggest replacing the remaining two unless you have a strategy planned for them.

I'm going to need some help creating a new team. My first team is pretty hopeless, I've won a single battle out of the many I've fought because the Pokemon in my team don't match up very good. I've already decided on four of my Pokemon: Hydreigon Nature: Timid Ability: Levitate Moveset: Outrage, Flamethrower, Earthquake, Tri Attack Crobat Nature: Gentle Ability: Inner Focus Moveset: Sludge Bomb, Roost, Wing Attack, Fly Arbok Nature: Serious Ability: Shed Skin Moveset: Crunch, Sludge Bomb, Earthquake, Toxic Entei Nature: Adamant Ability: Pressure Moveset: Flare Blitz, Flamethrower, Crush Claw, ExtremeSpeed Any ideas? Thanks! =)
I`ve found that Scizor synergizes well with Hydreigon, I`d highly reccommend it. Why do you need 2 Poison types? Crobat is ok, but there are much better Pokemon than Arbok. If it has to still be a Poison type, try Drapion, it`s a bit like Arbok I guess but better, and doesn`t share any weaknesses with Crobat by default.

I`ve found that Scizor synergizes well with Hydreigon, I`d highly reccommend it. Why do you need 2 Poison types? Crobat is ok, but there are much better Pokemon than Arbok. If it has to still be a Poison type, try Drapion, it`s a bit like Arbok I guess but better, and doesn`t share any weaknesses with Crobat by default.

That's a good point. I think I'll give Scizor a try and find something else to replace my Arbok. That leaves me with two other Pokemon to add to my party. Any other ideas?

That's a good point. I think I'll give Scizor a try and find something else to replace my Arbok. That leaves me with two other Pokemon to add to my party. Any other ideas?

You will need a spiner, because half of your team gets worn down by entry Hazards. Starmie, Donphan, Tentacruel, Hitmontop will be good spinners.

You will need a spiner, because half of your team gets worn down by entry Hazards. Starmie, Donphan, Tentacruel, Hitmontop will be good spinners.

That's true...I'll try all four of them and see which one works out best for me.

That's true...I'll try all four of them and see which one works out best for me.

Starmie works well with scizor and is pretty powerful as well. Tentacruel can absorb toxic spikes. The remainig two are sort of iffy. Donphan does really well especially in sun teams but often loses to Jellicent. Hitmontop with foresight + rapid spin will always succeed but can often be underwhelming as I once discovered.

Starmie works well with scizor and is pretty powerful as well. Tentacruel can absorb toxic spikes. The remainig two are sort of iffy. Donphan does really well especially in sun teams but often loses to Jellicent. Hitmontop with foresight + rapid spin will always succeed but can often be underwhelming as I once discovered.

That's good to know. I think I'll give Starmie a go. If it ends up going well, I'll decide on my sixth Pokemon.

I need a Double Battle team that is built around Chansey and at least one waller like Ferrothorn

Chansey
Ability: Sensern Grace or Healer
Item: Evolite
Moves: Heal Bell, Heal Pulse, Softboiled, Healing Wish

Alright, so I've changed my team a bit and got this:

Hydreigon
Levitate
Outrage, Earthquake, Surf, Flamethrower

Starmie
Nature: quiet
Illiminate
Ice Beam, Recover, Psychic, Confuse Ray

Entei
Pressure
Flare Blitz, Flamethrower, Extremespeed, Crush Claw

Crobat
Nature: gentle
Inner Focus
Sludge Bomb, Air Slash, Roost, Fly

Scizor (still looking)

Any suggestions for my final Pokemon or adjustions to the current team?

Hydreigon
Levitate

Starmie
Illiminate

Entei
Pressure

Crobat
Inner Focus

Scizor (still looking)

You haven't excatly implemented my suggestions have you?

Hydreigon
Levitate

Starmie
Illiminate

Entei
Pressure

Crobat
Inner Focus

Scizor (still looking)

Let's see.

Scizor really shines with a CB, try using that. If that doesn't work, SD works for some people as well.

Crobat's two flying moves are redundant. Replace Air Slash with Brave Bird and replace Fly with Protect/Substitute to wear down Toxic damage. Speaking of which, you should take Clowncrete's suggestions to heart and replace Sludge bomb with Toxic.

Entei doesn't need to have two fire moves, and his sp. attack isn't usable when compared to his Attack. However, Entei has a very small movepool, so you might have to replace Flamethrower with Stone Edge. I also recommend you replace Crush Claw with Return unless you love the chance of lowering your foe's defense.

In fact, you might want to replace Entei with Arcanine, as while Arcanine is slightly slower and slightly less bulky, it has access to a much better movepool (such as Close Combat) while still having Flare Blitz and Extremespeed.

Starmie is functioning as a Rapid Spinner from what I see, so replace Confuse Ray with Rapid Spin. I'd recommend you replace Recover with Surf and Psychic with Grass Knot, but it really depends on how bulky you want it.

Hydreigon is a Special Attacker, so replace Outrage with Draco Meteor and Earthquake with Focus Blast (or HP Fighting if it so suits you).

As for your last PKMN, I strongly recommend Mienshao to take care of the Steel/Rock Pokemon that might end up being a major weakness. However, if someone says something different, you should probably take their advice instead of mine, since Entei and Starmie together both take care of this.

You might also want a wall of sorts to take some hits (Ferrothorn is recommended). Just as long as you don't mind the lack of power this wall will have. If you do, support Celebi is also an option.

I am making a team for competitive battling, but I need help finding the last team member and figuring out some movesets .I am going to EV train these pokemon.

My planned team is:

Akaito, Darmanitian(M), jolly nature. 252 EVs in attack and speed. Thrash, Fire punch Flare Blitz

Haku, Samurott(F), Sassy nature. 252 EVs in sp.def and defense. Ice beam, toxic, protect, surf

Miku, Metagross(-),Sassy nature, 252 EVs in sp.def and Attack. Earthquake,bullet punch, hammer arm

Gakupo,Espeon(M),Timid nature, DW ability "Magic Bounce". 252 EVs in Sp.Att and speed. Psychic, Charm

Meiko, Hydregion(F), Mild nature, 252 EVs in Speed and Sp.att. Dark pulse, Outrage/dragon pulse, Flamethrower.

*depressing empty spot...*

I am making a team for competitive battling, but I need help finding the last team member and figuring out some movesets .I am going to EV train these pokemon.

My planned team is:

Akaito, Darmanitian(M), jolly nature. 252 EVs in attack and speed. Thrash, Fire punch Flare Blitz

Haku, Samurott(F), Sassy nature. 252 EVs in sp.def and defense. Ice beam, toxic, protect, surf

Miku, Metagross(-),Sassy nature, 252 EVs in sp.def and Attack. Earthquake,bullet punch, hammer arm

Gakupo,Espeon(M),Timid nature, DW ability "Magic Bounce". 252 EVs in Sp.Att and speed. Psychic, Charm

Meiko, Hydregion(F), Mild nature, 252 EVs in Speed and Sp.att. Dark pulse, Outrage/dragon pulse, Flamethrower.

For Darmanitan, I recommend: Flare Blitz, Earthquake, Superpower and U-Turn. And make him hold the Life Orb, since it will boost his already incredible Flare Blitz without taking recoil damage.

For Darmanitan, I recommend: Flare Blitz, Earthquake, Superpower and U-Turn. And make him hold the Life Orb, since it will boost his already incredible Flare Blitz without taking recoil damage.
Ok Thanks!, and I was thinking I would breed a sassy natured Metagross in platinum so I could give it stealth rock.

I'm trying to make like a "Mini-team" but I don't know who else I should put in. So far I have (or going to have) this:

633.png

Moves: Outrage, Crunch, Body Slam, ???
Ability: Hustle
Item: Persem Berry

410.gif

Moves: Toxic, Protect, Double Team, Rock Slide
Ability: Sturdy
Item: Don't Know

403.gif

Moves: Double Kick, Crunch, Wild Charge, ???
Ability: Guts
Item: Toxic Orb

As you see I kinda also need suggestions on moves and items.

I am currently building a team for the Super Doubles Train in the Battle Subway. It relies on bulky Electric-Types to help set up for a powerful attacker.

Eelektross@Chesto Berry?
Calm.
252 HP, 252 Sp. Def, 4 Def.
Moves: Acid Spray, Discharge, Coil, Rest?

The idea behind this guy is to reduce the foes' Special Defense or Paralyze them if they are capable of serious damage, or set up Defense boosts if they are not. I'm not sure about Chesto/Rest yet. Eelektross has no weaknesses aside from Mold Breaker EQs, so hopefully he'll be bulky enough to survive.

Lanturn@Leftovers (Volt Absorb).
Bold.
252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 Sp. Def.
Moves: Scald, Amnesia, Icy Wind, Heal Bell/Toxic.

Lanturn's job is to stat up with Amnesia and be healed by Eely's Discharge, then let loose with Icy Wind to reduce the foes' Speed. Heal Bell is an option to wake Eely up if it is using Rest, and Toxic for foes like Blissey who would otherwise take quite a while to crack with Acid.

Now, I need pokes that can truly appreciate the setup that they are getting. One such pokemon is:

Pikachu w/Light Ball (Lightningrod)
Timid.
252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed, 4 Def.
Moves: Thunderbolt/Discharge, HP Ice 70, Grass Knot/Discharge, Protect/Discharge.

Frail as it may be, Pikachu holding a Light Ball is incredibly dangerous to foes with their Speed lowered via Icy Wind. Adding to its immense power (204 without boosts), Lightningrod gives it a Special Attack boost every time Eelektross uses Discharge. Using Discharge allows it to heal Lanturn, but will damage and could paralyze Eelektross. Protect could be useful for various situations, such as scouting for priority or allowing Lanturn a chance to lower the Speed of the foe. As long as there are no priority users, Pikachu could be a menace.

Now, I need a powerful physical attacker that is immune to or resists Ground and is immune to Electric, but can hit back with a decent Ground attack of its own for enemy pokemon who enjoy being hit with Electric attacks. Something like Electivire could spell serious trouble. I am considering mixed Flygon and Landorus with Earth Power. Excadrill is a possibility with Drill Run, but I don't think I need another Ground-weak poke. Same thing goes for Rhyperior.

Input please.

Last edited:
I am currently building a team for the Super Doubles Train in the Battle Subway. It relies on bulky Electric-Types to help set up for a powerful attacker.

Eelektross@Chesto Berry?
Calm.
252 HP, 252 Sp. Def, 4 Def.
Moves: Acid Spray, Discharge, Coil, Rest?

The idea behind this guy is to reduce the foes' Special Defense or Paralyze them if they are capable of serious damage, or set up Defense boosts if they are not. I'm not sure about Chesto/Rest yet. Eelektross has no weaknesses aside from Mold Breaker EQs, so hopefully he'll be bulky enough to survive.

Lanturn@Leftovers (Volt Absorb).
Bold.
252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 Sp. Def.
Moves: Scald, Amnesia, Icy Wind, Heal Bell/Toxic.

Lanturn's job is to stat up with Amnesia and be healed by Eely's Discharge, then let loose with Icy Wind to reduce the foes' Speed. Heal Bell is an option to wake Eely up if it is using Rest, and Toxic for foes like Blissey who would otherwise take quite a while to crack with Acid.

Now, I need pokes that can truly appreciate the setup that they are getting. One such pokemon is:

Pikachu w/Light Ball (Lightningrod)
Timid.
252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed, 4 Def.
Moves: Thunderbolt/Discharge, HP Ice 70, Grass Knot/Discharge, Protect/Discharge.

Frail as it may be, Pikachu holding a Light Ball is incredibly dangerous to foes with their Speed lowered via Icy Wind. Adding to its immense power (204 without boosts), Lightningrod gives it a Special Attack boost every time Eelektross uses Discharge. Using Discharge allows it to heal Lanturn, but will damage and could paralyze Eelektross. Protect could be useful for various situations, such as scouting for priority or allowing Lanturn a chance to lower the Speed of the foe. As long as there are no priority users, Pikachu could be a menace.

Now, I need a powerful physical attacker that is immune to or resists Ground and is immune to Electric, but can hit back with a decent Ground attack of its own for enemy pokemon who enjoy being hit with Electric attacks. Something like Electivire could spell serious trouble. I am considering mixed Flygon and Landorus with Earth Power. Excadrill is a possibility with Drill Run, but I don't think I need another Ground-weak poke. Same thing goes for Rhyperior.

Input please.

I don't think you should run a mixed Landorus as the rest of your team is specially oriented, you should just go full physical with a jolly nature, using EQ, Rock Slide, Protect, and a third attack (Explosion with Normal Gem, Hammer Arm or Brick Break.)

I don't think you should run a mixed Landorus as the rest of your team is specially oriented, you should just go full physical with a jolly nature, using EQ, Rock Slide, Protect, and a third attack (Explosion with Normal Gem, Hammer Arm or Brick Break.)

Sounds good. I'll have to run Protect on Pikachu then, or EQ'll squash him. Thanks for the advice.

My planned team is:

Hydreigon is going to want to get rid of Outrage for something else. Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse, and Flamethrower seem fitting. And the fourth move is up to you make sure it's special.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom