• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Corrupt?! Mafia - ENDGAME - Mafia Win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Endgame

Only five villagers were left, one of them poisoned. The two poisoners were more influential in the village council than ever. The rest have already lost hope; so Elementar just took the gun and shot down jackatlasred and Hellcrow, as Mighty Eevee was dying from poisoning.

The village of Calliopa was ruined, forever. The pair of poisoners just stole everything and left. Who knows which village would be their next target...

Dear leetic,

You are the Backup Poisoner. After your team's Poisoner dies, you inherit their role.

You are allied with the Mafia and win when all members of the Town are defeated or nothing can stop this from happening.
Dear Elementar,

You are the Poisoner. Once per night, you can type POISON: <player> in the mafia chat; that player will die at the end of the following day. Everyone will be informed that the player was poisoned.

You are allied with the Mafia and win when all members of the Town are defeated or nothing can stop this from happening.
leetic (Mafia Backup Poisoner) and Elementar (Mafia Poisoner) won the game.
Dear Mighty Eevee/Hellcrow/jackatlasred,

You are Vanilla. Your only power is your vote, so use it wisely!

You are allied with the Town and win when all members of the Mafia are defeated.
Mighty Eevee, Hellcrow and jackatlasred all died, Vanilla Town.

Endgame.

Congratulations to the mafia for winning! Thanks to everyone for playing and Kakashi Hatake for being a nice co-host! Hope all of you enjoyed it.

Corrupt?! Mafia Graveyard/Spectator Chat - QuickTopic free message board hosting

Last edited:
Good game everyone! I can't believe that actually happened. It was a pretty rusty game for me, even by my low standards. It was a great game, and brilliantly hosted by Zexy and Kakashi.
It was fun to play with you guys. I thought it was over for leetic and I a while ago, but someone we got through. Good job buddy :)
If anyone has any questions for mafia, feel free to ask! Otherwise, great game, and everyone played well! :D

Post game survey: (Is mostly stolen from DrumBeats who mostly stole it from me :p)

Did you enjoy the concept of the game?

Was the setup (special mechanics and balance) good?

Was the hosting fair?

If you could change one thing in the game, what would it be?

Would you play another game with such a theme?

Hey guys, when your cop says read 203

you do it

hellcrow was my obvious softed clear.

Hey guys, when your cop says read 203

you do it

hellcrow was my obvious softed clear.
That doesn't matter. Elementar won the game, that's all.

Yeah ik, I had mafia pinned d2 but unfortunately no one actually seemed to read my defense lol

I figured claiming would make it more likely I was shot since I earlier said I wanted to eat a role bullet. Maybe that was wrong. Felt my defense was good regardless. I wish eevee had posted more the night he shot so I could actually talk to him.

gg to leetic and elementar btw! a perfect game is always pretty impressive

Post game survey: (Is mostly stolen from DrumBeats who mostly stole it from me :p)

Yes

Probably too town-sided.

Was the hosting fair?

Yes, although see below.

Set up wise, either clarity on a night with mafia at t-2 members is "misfire and lose" (because day start with 1 less mafia than town is always a mafia win because they eventually win in final 3 because mafia becomes only person who can hold a gun in final 3) or a rule that allows for a formal lynch/re-gun at final 3.

Probably

Yes. It was a smart game with unique characteristics and features. It was fun and was a pleasant and relatively simple simple game to play.

Yes. I think the balance was perfect, and the poisoning as a substitution for a nightkill was a good idea to balance it up a bit when town may not get a shot in the first place. Very smart way of keeping it fair.
Was the hosting fair?

Yes. Zexy and Kakashi did a great job running it and keeping it running smoothly. Also prevented any rule-breaking, etc.

I would probably add more roles. That would have made the game just that little bit more interesting. But this game was quite simple and easy to play, which is good for beginners like me.

Yes, definitely. I like unique games such as these.

My thoughts on the game, its balance, the universe and everything (@Dale; ):

Kakashi's original idea was a 13er that would use the gun mechanic instead of regular lynches but had nightkills and several town/scum roles tampering with the gun mechanic.

After some discussion we changed a few things and included the poisoner mechanic, a way to delay mafia kills by a phase just like the town "lynches" were delayed by a phase; when signups were posted, the setup was a 13er with 2 2-mafia teams and some special roles including mafia 1-shot vigs after the poisoner would die and a poison healer from the town side (think of it as a Fire and Ice but much more role-heavy).

Upon realizing that there weren't enough people for that, roles were cut down to 9, resulting in this setup; which is the regular 9er setup from 2+2/MU with 2 mafia goons and a cop.

Since the poison was the nightkill, the 2 mafia were goons despite the role names; the Poisoner Cop was also a regular cop, the name was just made "special" for two reasons: 1) as a test to them, they would have to figure out that they are a regular cop as the setup would unfold and 2) as a warning that the poisoner role exists in the game.

Now, for the balance of the setup... the regular 9er is universally considered balanced; upon the transmission to this style of mafia with the gun and the poison, though, a few things change: 1) when mechanics are different from what people expect them to be, it's inherently slightly anti-town; town needs time to get used to the mechanics of the game. To compensate for that we have 2) the Poisoner Cop would get one more result if poisoned by the scum compared to the analogy to the regular 9er. That said, the Poisoner Cop was shot this game...

Another thing you should know about the MU 9er is that No Lynches are a terrible idea over there; same went here, the Day 1 No Lynch caused problems to the town, one less attempt to correctly hit scum.

Dale noticed something I didn't; even if a townie were to get the gun and shoot scum tonight, scum could just poison the other townie resulting in a final 3 situation of: 1 poisoned townie, 1 townie who got the gun last time and thus can't get it again and 1 scum; that's auto-win for scum. I admit that was a mistake from my part, but the "one can't receive the gun consecutively" rule isn't as pro-scum as it looks; in fact, the analogy to Day 4 in the regular 9er would be final 4, 2-2, game was over already over there too. So, in my opinion, it doesn't affect balance as much.

Kudos to Elementar managing to get the gun, shoot Sigurd (who was not that much of a suspect) and getting away with it. That, as well as the No Lynch the previous phase and the Dale "lynch" as well as not interpreting his softclaim correctly the next phase led to a perfect scum victory. Well deserved, in my opinion. Congratulations!

P.S.: The name Corrupt?! was Kakashi's choice since before I agreed to co-host; it was picked because one of the game's important mafia roles was related to corruption. Upon the setup change said role was removed but we decided to keep the name which can relate to the Poisoner role, as poisoning is a form of corruption.

Gonna pop into thread to first of all thank everyone for playing. And secondly, to congratulate Zexy on the hosting!

The general game idea was mine, as in the day voting being different, yet I had problems with my internet, and I think Zexy more or less hosted the game themselves. Kudos! :D

I dont have any questions, as I think Zexy also nailed that on the head.

Thanks again all!

Yeah I don't think that having it so that LYLO happens at t-2 and MYLO at t-3 is inherently imbalanced; I just think since it isn't intuitive, it should be clarified by the host when that case arises if possible (although it seems it was so unintuitive that zexy didnt notice until too late either :p), or have it changed and balanced around said change (since such a balance change would make the set up even more town-sided, which I don't think is needed balance-wise)

Yes.
Yes.
Was the hosting fair?
No! You forgot to send me the dead QT!!! :p It was.
Town would win:p
Yes.

It was a bit hard. Leetic wanted me to shoot Sigurd, even though I was thinking Dale. So I had to try and get away with it. Worked in the end, but wasn't clean.

It was a bit hard. Leetic wanted me to shoot Sigurd, even though I was thinking Dale. So I had to try and get away with it. Worked in the end, but wasn't clean.
I was hoping you would shoot Dale there as the perfect play for scum at that point was shoot PR Dale + poison active Mido (which you did).d
Dale was targetting Sigurd for most of the phase so it wouldn't have mattered... then he changed it to jack at the last moment and survived, thus getting one more town check. Nonetheless, the next day was such that Dale was killed without his checks being used and it was technically over, whereas you may have had more trouble if you have shot him instead of Sigurd as Eevee would have to pick a different target. So shooting Sigurd and getting away with it really helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom