• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview Detective Pikachu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omfg Runpapa is so cute here!

Aww!!!

My only question is...WHAT THE HELL DID THEY DO TO AIPOM?!?!?!? That thing looks absolutely hideous!!!
Probably went insane because of the villain.

Honestly, I'd take this up with The Pokémon Company, since APPARENTLY they approved of all the designs for the Pokémon.

I think I actually like the Cubone (which is my favorite Pokemon) and look forward to seeing more of it... But most of these designs are hideous for no reason whatsoever.

Having been a massive Pokémon fan for 20 years, I feel sad that I'm barely feeling any excitement for this movie whatsoever. Each trailer and promo material has pretty much just lessened and lessened my interest so far. I'm also a huge movie buff but I don't feel any desire to see this in theaters, I'll probably just wait and see it at home some way whenever it comes out on home release.

I follow a lot of movie-related YouTube channels and sites and almost every non-Pokémon fan I follow there seems to be super excited for the movie or at least very interested, even when many of them barely know a thing about Pokémon at all. That's not something I expected tbh, but I'm at least glad Pokémon is getting positive attention outside of the hardcore fan circles.

I'm just holding out hope that the inevitable future live-action Pokémon movies will interest me more (especially if they do a more mainstream Pokémon movie), although I just think most of the Pokémon designs are hideous, so I'm not very hopeful in that regard.

I have been avoiding any information about the movie because it seemed ridiculously poor idea for live action film in my mind, but now I seen the trailers, I may have been a bit close minded the Pokemon don't look too bad and the plot seems reasonable, I think a few minutes in you could forget any pre judged thoughts and view it on it's own merits

No Pokémon movie ever hyped me this much (maybe except the 20th one). The trailers are going great so far, and I look forward to it. If it comes with subtitles in my country instead of a dumb dub, I will definitely go to watch it as I can't wait for Blu-ray release. That comes from someone who loves watching movies at home, as the last time I went to the cinema was in 2013.

Aipom is my favourite Pokémon. They did THIS to it.

View attachment 116207

What I find interisting about this picture is the eyes. In fact, at certain moments in the trailer, you can see that some Pokémon's eyes have this unnatural dark violet pupils with plum irises instead of their normal, natural pupils and irises. Here's a shot of Chairzard, for example:

You can clearly see on the right that Charizard's normal eyes have white pupils and blue irises. But on the left, Charizard has the same type of eyes that Aipom has in that shot.
Could this be a hint at the Berserker Gene and the R substance made form it, as well as them being an important part of the story (like they were in the game)? That would explain what's up the secret lab-looking facility, what that lab's scientists are doing in there and what Mewtwo's stake in the story is. Plus, it would certainly be a more interesting plot point than the "Mewtwo is the villain of the movie" idea that all news sites seem to be running with.

That spoiler is obviously what's going on. The movie is probably pretty faithful to the main plot of the game.

Soooooo... There's a Live Action Pikachu Movie coming out; and I wanna know what your Impressions are; Honestly, I'm not interested in this movie; as I find a mass majority of the Photo-realistic CGI-Animated Pokemon included to fall into the Uncanny Valley; Including the Star of this movie; Detective Pikachu himself; But that's just me; I'm not gonna bash those of you who are interested, and actually like what you see. . . because I admit there are a few pokemon designs I think look good, but not very many of them. . . though I'd want to see a Mimikyu(I'd think it's very hard, if not Impossible to make a Bedsheet Ghost cosplaying as Pikachu have an unappealing design that falls into the uncanny valley; Especially if they don't make any changes to its design, It's very impossible to change it into something else. . .

A Tom & Jerry live action movie has been scheduled to April 2021 by Warner Bros. As a Detective Pikachu sequel or spin-off would also be about CGI characters in the human world I don't see the latter being released until Fall 2021 at the earliest. Of course, if DP is a big success they might end up pushing Tom and Jerry instead.

A Tom & Jerry live action movie has been scheduled to April 2021 by Warner Bros. As a Detective Pikachu sequel or spin-off would also be about CGI characters in the human world I don't see the latter being released until Fall 2021 at the earliest. Of course, if DP is a big success they might end up pushing Tom and Jerry instead.
Actually, Space Jam 2 will be released in July 2021, so if it weren't for that Detective Pikachu 2 could be released then. Assuming no delays, anything from October 2021 to May 2022 should be reasonable. I wouldn't wait longer than three years for a sequel, assuming that the first one is a success.

Last edited:
Wait, what? Man, I'm still starting to feel sad that Tom and Jerry is now known for being shoehorned everywhere, and it doesn't help that most of the time the quality has not been good.

Last edited:
I'll be willing to overlook the fact that Ryan Reynolds mispronounced "Arceus".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom