• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DP mining minigame

New underground question!

Anyone got the game structure on how the explorers' inventories are generated? Getting it from the explorers themselves is evidently impossible, since not only do the items change, but the prices...

EDIT: Additional question~! This one's for all the miners who've had GBA packs inserted.

Have you been getting more of one kind of stone than any other?

It seems FireRed leads to more Fire Stones, LeafGreen leads to more Leaf Stones... RSE may have the same benefits, but I've had Emerald in and if I'm getting a surplus of anything it's Water Stones, which seems like it should be Sapphire's. Or maybe I'm getting more Moon Stones and it's hard to tell? Or I do seem to have a lot more Heart Scales than everyone else...

Well? What are you guys getting?

Last edited:
16 Water, 12 Leaf, 2 Fire, 7 Moon, 4 (IIRC) Sun and 1 Thunder.

I have had Fire Red inserted the whole time.

Sorry for the double posting.

I've gotten waaaaay more than enough feedback to confirm the sphere garden theory, so I've added a line about it on The Underground's Bulbapedia article.

We still need the rarity of the items, which can only be extracted from the game data. But besides that? We have the full item list, and we have a secret to milking the underground. Meaning in almost no time, The Underground went from being one of the most pathetic articles on Bulbapedia to a very, very useful one.

I'm so proud!

Thanks to everyone who helped with that, especially Zhen because having the sprite rips helped a lot. ^^

It's just too bad, though, I thought the Dawn/Dusk/Shiny stones were down there, too...

Sphere Garden update! Half of my garden is GONE. I've had some spheres buried for two weeks, and I went underground today, and half of my buried spheres are just GONE, and as a result, the walls were not bursting with rare items.

Can somebody else look into this?

A portion of mine is gone too. It's not a big deal to me, but... weird. We must get to the bottom of this!

I made a small little garden outside of my house. I love it so much now. Now that I can actually dig up some spheres that are ABOVE level 10. XD

But they replant themselves, (iirc) where as my spheres are TOTALLY gone. : /

I think I've got the rarity thing figured out.

Based on data compared between my friend and I, and what we were seeing more of... it's based on version.

Tell me if this seems to add up for you guys, too:

Diamond: Has more Helix Fossils, Claw Fossils, Fire Stones, Thunderstones, Sun Stones
Pearl: Has more Dome Fossils, Root Fossils, Water Stones, Leaf Stones, Moon Stones

^^ I can agree with that for Diamond. I have Fire Stones and Thunder Stones coming out the wazoo. >_>; And I've got quite a few Sun Stones and Helix Fossils as well.

Sorry, not being too useful here but I'd love to help out with this in a few days ^_^

I've been moving into a new apartment so beyond being totally broke, I've had NO time to play Pearl! Ah!

You all got me TOTALLY psyched to head back Underground and really spruce up my Secret Base and get to diggin' ^_^

I did the Spiritomb thing with a friend and let me tell you...32 times leaving and coming back down REALLY makes you a little tired of the Underground. But now my love has been revived!

Oh and I've got TONS of Helix fossils before, I'm a Pearl version user.

It's just too bad, though, I thought the Dawn/Dusk/Shiny stones were down there, too...

I found a shiny once.

And the Evolution Stone rate thing makes sense. Water Stones up to here, but only one Thunder thus far...

Original Size Added Size
1 - 4 +1
5 - 9 +2
10 - 14 +3
15 - 19 +4
20 - 24 +5
24 - 29 +6
30 - 34 +7
35+ +10

Hey guys, this is taken from that site that everyone hates here but I think it's really useful. Okay, it's from Serebii.net

I apologize for bringing it up but it really would help a lot of people. So basically, the best way to get bigger sphere collections is to bury your biggest spheres first then bury the smaller ones from there. SO biggest to smallest of the same color of sphere to get the biggest return.

Actually, based on the data Zhen gathered (he's such a geek XD), the size of two combined spheres is a² + b² = c², where a and b are the size of the spheres going in and c is the size of the sphere coming out.

Which would explain why it's harder to make spheres grow as they get bigger...

I believe there might be a "rounded up" in that equation, as I don'T remember any incident of a sphere *not growing at all* when I added in another.

Actually, based on the data Zhen gathered (he's such a geek XD), the size of two combined spheres is a² + b² = c², where a and b are the size of the spheres going in and c is the size of the sphere coming out.

Which would explain why it's harder to make spheres grow as they get bigger...

Oh!! Gotcha, that's what you both were talking about...teaches me to skim the previous posts ^_^

Okay, so should we prove the pythagorean idea beyond a doubt? Like use many different situations to test it?

It's an approximation. Usually the growth is less than what the equation gives, but as Damian points out, it never fails to grow.

A more sensible equation is a³ + b³ = c³, since we're talking about 3-dimensional objects, but the numbers don't add up (no pun).

Last edited:
*groan*

For for Pie's D/P rarity thing, that sounds about right. I'll go underground in my Pearl and test it for sure.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom