• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Eldershippers, unite!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dude

The Dude Abides
Reaction score
This thread is for all fans of the ship of DeliaxOak. I am a convert of Pokemopolis. There is way too much evidence for Eldershipping.
I ask for piccies, proofs, and fanart!

I like Eldershipping only name isn't good =S Eldershipping sounds like Oldershipping. Delia isn't old =P Oak is mmm... his soul is still young^^ Anyway, I like this shipping because Delia and Oak are lonely and I see them as the best friends. They talk a lot, they spend holidays together^^ I think, they are very close. Probably they feel something to each other but still aren't sure about it.
Nah, Oak isn't Ash's father. My theory about Ash's dad is easy but I will not say about it here^^

It is more likely that they became closer when Ash's dad disappeared/died/whatever.

Anyway, the dubbers appear to be ElderShippers judging by the ending of "Showdown at the Oak Corral".

The age gap is too high. Oak is like 50 and Delia is like 30.

I don't think that matters. Love between that age gap does happen.

Does Delia like old fellows? Afterall he needs to still work to please her.

Delia hasn't had enough character development for us to know what she likes and what she doesn't. But judging from what we have seen, she enjoys Prof. Oak's company.

Afterall he needs to still work to please her.

That sounds like a rather stupid comment. I doubt Delia is the kind of woman who would be with someone just because of the money.

How would Ash feel if he found out that his Prof. was fooling around with his Mom?

Honestly, how do you see Ash reacting if he found out?

Kasumi-san said:
He wouldn't get it, since he is awfully clueless.

Hm, sorry to bud in here but I have to disagree.

Ash would definitely not be clueless if he found Oak and his mother holding hands or whatnot.

Ash knows what a couple is. There were several episodes of Pokemon Advance where Ash scolded Brock about flirting with girls.

In one episode Brock started flirted with some girl and Ash grabbed him by the ear and said, "NOT now!" because he wanted to head to the Gym.

In another episode which I think was the Shiftry episode, Ash said, "I hope I'm never like that." in regards to watching Brock flirt with Joy.

Ash may be clueless about girls coming on to him, but I don't think he's that braindead not to realize something if he sees Delia kissing Oak on the cheeck.

I mean seriously, if Ash saw this stuff he WOULD take notice.

As for how Ash would react is up in the air, but after watching Pokemon Advance it's obvious that Ash knows what a couple is. Especially if something happened to his MOTHER of all people.

If they told him flat-out he'd get it, but watch "Beauty and the Beach" again. He asks Oak "why are you at the beach with my mom?" and Oak gets flustered and changes the subject, and Ash doesn't pick up on it.

Blackjack Gabbiani said:
If they told him flat-out he'd get it, but watch "Beauty and the Beach" again. He asks Oak "why are you at the beach with my mom?" and Oak gets flustered and changes the subject, and Ash doesn't pick up on it.

Um, that's because that was Kanto.

I'm talking about now, in Pokemon Advance. Why is it that whenever people think about Ash they always think of the naive little boy from Kanto who won his battles by luck and didn't know what the hell he was doing?

Advance Ash is very different to the bumbling dorky kid he used to be.

I think you guys are confusing two different things. Yes Ash would still probably be clueless if a girl came onto him, but so far no girls in Pokemon Advance have ever hit on Ash like in the old series. (Such as Latias, Melody, Macy, Misty's crush, etc.)

But Ash ISN'T clueless about couples. Ash KNOWS what a couple is. He isn't a complete retard like some people want to think he is. This is all evidenced by Ash reacting strongly when Oscar and Andi accused him and May about being a couple. If Ash didn't know what a couple was, then how could he react when Oscar and Andi said that? Does Ash getting angry and quickly denying that make any sense if Ash doesn't know what a couple is?

Are you telling me that Ash would stare blankly if he saw his mother sitting on top of Oak's lap?

I mean c'mon, stop thinking of the clueless Kanto Ash from the original series. We're in Pokemon Advance, Ash barely even acts like his old Kanto self anymore. I'm tired of seeing people still having the 1st season mindset when thinking about Ash, you guys do realize that Pokemon Advance exists correct?

Ash knows what a couple is, he'd get a clue if he found Oak and his mother french kissing in the doorway, to say otherwise makes me think that people don't even watch the show anymore.

Last edited:
Scott85 said:
Are you telling me that Ash would stare blankly if he saw his mother sitting on top of Oak's lap?

[...]

Ash knows what a couple is, he'd get a clue if he found Oak and his mother french kissing in the doorway, to say otherwise makes me think that people don't even watch the show anymore.

Ash hasn't actually walked in on them doing that, though, has he?

To me, their relationship seems to be more courtly, with poems and the like, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom