• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

English Isshu starters to be revealed Monday: Teaser on Pokémon.com announces info fo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: English Isshu starters to be revealed Monday: Teaser on Pokémon.com announces inf

TPCi is a workplace. Don't expect them to get to work until between 9 and 10, which is now. Then if they haven't already prepped the story, they have to make it and get ready to post it. I expect them to update between now and 3 PM, which is in 5 hours. I think their offices close at 5 or 6 PM, but I doubt they'll update that late in the day.

Would be stupid if they didn't prepare the story, yet they already announced the exact date. The guy who's job it is to do it is probably just sleeping off a hangover or something.

Re: English Isshu starters to be revealed Monday: Teaser on Pokémon.com announces inf

im getting tired of waiting for official names (that i probably won't like) for the the starters -.-

Guessed names for Tsutarja:
Leafidian, Leaphidian, Sinaleaf, Leaviper, Serplant, Serleaf, Lizeaf, Ivyper, Smugleaf, Hedrake, Reptilawn, Venopent, Slithervy

Guessed names for Pokabu:
Pignite, Pigbacue, Porkabu, Piblaze, Piglit, Emboink, Sworcher, Porkub, Emboar, Burboar

Guessed names for Mijumaru:
Wotter, Ottsea, Ottimid, Ottrain, Aquotter, Srounder, Ocicle, Ottsy, Ottsea, Ottrip, Snowtter

Just some of the many guesses!

TPCi is a workplace. Don't expect them to get to work until between 9 and 10, which is now. Then if they haven't already prepped the story, they have to make it and get ready to post it. I expect them to update between now and 3 PM, which is in 5 hours. I think their offices close at 5 or 6 PM, but I doubt they'll update that late in the day.
You do realise they have already updated parts of the site today, right?

Would be stupid if they didn't prepare the story, yet they already announced the exact date. The guy who's job it is to do it is probably just sleeping off a hangover or something.

That's what I was thinking. It's kind of strange that they aren't revealing them until the afternoon (or even later), so you're most likely to log on and see the "New Pokemon revealed November 22nd" message when it's already the 22nd.

Ayup. All they need the need to do is update on the starter names and we'll be happy.

Like how they placed the notice about the Deoxys costume and dolls being available for use in Trainer Club avatars between the sihlouettes and the Skymin Ranger mission.

I remember when I first heard the names for Naetle, Hikozaru, and Pochama back when. I thought the names were very childish and silly, especially Piplup. But now they sound normal. I bet some people are gonna say, 'OMG, Porkpig is such a stupid name! I will never play Pokémon again!' today.

Like how they placed the notice about the Deoxys costume and dolls being available for use in Trainer Club avatars between the sihlouettes and the Skymin Ranger mission.
Correctamundo, which indicates that their work time is irrelevant as that bit was added at about 3:30pm my time which equates to 7:30am their time

you look at it so many times and you start to memorise the page,

i think i could write down the whole page due to the amount of times i've seen it and if i see shaymin one more time......

Chances are the webmasters were given a time to upload. That's it. There's no conspiracy, no hangovers, no trolling. Jsut a guy doing his job.

But 'Piplup' was quite a good name. I mean, it's onomatopoetic and rolls of the tongue. I mean, it'd be worse if he was called something like 'Watguin' or something, which is just a play off two words.

Correctamundo, which indicates that their work time is irrelevant as that bit was added at about 3:30pm my time which equates to 7:30am their time
"Our Time" Hail Britannia!
My guess is that different departments handle different areas of the franchise (kinda obvious), and they each have to relay information to someone who's job it is to update the site, and for some reason there's been a delay, possibly due to someone showing up late, a meeting going over time, a meteor strike...who knows?

Are we slightly freaking out?

i think many of us are

And if Tsutarja is called Smugleaf and Mijumaru is called Wotter, I will eat my hand.:goof:

So many people making odd bets based on these names.

Last time I posted here was like 8 hours ago when I went to school. Now I'm back and ... no names? :XD2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom