• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Espeon vs Umbreon

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Espeon and Umbreon. The two Eeveelutions introduced in Gen II. both evolve when leveled up with high friendship during a certain time, Espeon during the day and Umbreon during the night. But which one do you prefer?

For me it's Umbreon, but I do like Espeon as well.

so hard to pick, I love both so much
if I has to... give it slightly more to Espeon, love cats a bit more than foxes

both equally top favorite for me
wish there was an option to choose both

I like umbreon better, but I am not one who favors any of the eeveelutions very much either.

I really like both Umbreon and Espeon a lot, but after some thinking I have come to the conclusion that I prefer Espeon.

I like Espeon’s sleek design, cry, offensive orientation, high speed, and hidden ability. The only thing Umbreon has over it, in my opinion, is a better shiny. Espeon is in my top five favorite Psychic types while Umbreon isn’t in my top five favorite Dark types.

Gif credit goes to chipsprites on tumblr. It looks best on a dark style.

Last edited:
I like both, but I'll go with Espeon, since it actually hits hard, and Magic Bounce is great.

I voted for Umbreon, purely based on looks. I love it’s design both normal and shiny but if it was purely for battle purposes, I’d probably choose Espeon.

Tough tough choice. I think I've gotta hand this one to Umbreon by just a slight margin.

As a kid I know I preferred Espeon, and wanted one in Gold, but my Eevee ended up evolving at night and I got a look at Umbreon and immediately loved it. While it might not hit as hard as Espeon I still find how it looks really cool. but i still love Espeon just as much and picked for the sake of the thread

Tough choice! I love both of them. They are some of the best Gen 2 designs. I love Espeon's design though. It was one of the first really feminine Pokémon that was somewhat useful in battle. I like the color and sleek design.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom