• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Dragon type

Haxorus! That double axe-beaked dragon was one of the coolest things to come out of 5th gen.

Favorite dragon type?
Gyarados...no wait, Gyarados isn't a dragon type.
Then it must be Mega Gyarados...no wait, that's not a dragon type either.

Dammit! How did they get it that wrong not just once, but twice?

Anyway, my for real favorite dragon type is Haxorus, because Hax.

*Points to his avatar and username*

To be honest though I really like all Dragon types bar Flygon, Giratina, and Druddigon due to their designs.

Garchomp, Haxorus, Goomy, Noibat and Noivern. Garchomp and Haxorus because they look badass and are great in battle, Goomy because it's adorable, and Noibat and Noivern because Batdragon.

Mega Sceptile because it is really awesome with its cool design and good base stats, and as well White Kyurem because it is boss with that Freeze Burn move.

Salamence because of it's design (love the wings, tail, and color combination) and stats.

Salamence, Bagon, Dragonite, Deino, Druddigon, basically all of them! I'm also a huge fan of Kingdra, but he's such a hassle to get.

Hnnnnn I can't choose! I will just give a short list: Latias, Altaria, Zekrom, Giratina, Tyrantrum and now I should stop

Tyrantrum is the best, no question for me. Charizard is close, but Tyrantrum and (Mega) Sceptile are both my favourite Dragon-types.

Seriously, GameFreak, give Tyrantrum a Mega in Sun and Moon; he's the only Gen 6 fossil that's actually competetively useful and doesn't have two 4x weaknesses, and if Aerodactyl can get a Mega, surely we can get the tyrannosaur some love, too. Hell, put him in Pokkén or Smash for all I care, just give Tyrantrum more exposure. :p

Salamence is, hands down, my favorite Dragon type Pokemon, in fact he is my favorite Pokemon of all time! I had wanted to get one since Diamond and Pearl however I never knew where to find one. It wasn't until X and Y, but finally when those games came out, Ace the Salamence was born! His design is absolutely stunning, he looks tough as nails and has the dragon-feel to it, something I never got with the Dragonite line.
Onto his strength in battle. It. Is. Terrifying. He gets access to so many powerful moves for coverage and can take a few hits, thankfully his speed is on par as well. Both of his abilities are useful in different ways, which is something rarely seen in a Pokemon.

As for my favorite legendary Dragon type, Palkia happens to be my favorite legend as well. Pokemon Pearl was my first game, along with LeafGreen and even though Palkia could probably be mistaken for a Yugioh monster, the nostalgia is too great... Plus he's adorable in Amie!!

Mine is definitely Dragonite. I remember in the original series, Dragonite was always portrayed as this mythical beast that was almost unbeatable which made me like it even more. To this date I still use Dragonite in almost every single Pokemon game I play.

It used to be Hydreigon, then Goodra, but now Dragalge holds that spot. Adaptability Draco Meteor is like bread with butter.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom