• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favourite Female Player Character

Favourite female player character?

• Leaf (FrLg)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kris (Crystal)

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Lyra (HgSs)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May (RSE)

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Dawn (DPPt)

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Hilda (BW)

Votes: 9 40.9%

• Total voters
May and Platinum Dawn are my favourites, although I also like Serena and Gloria.

Dawn has always been my favorite ever since DP first released, the anime also makes me like her even more. I really like her cute outfits, and her personality in the show was always fun.

May, Hilda, Lyra, and Rosa are also characters I really like.

I wish I could have chosen two options. Leaf deserves all the love she can get, but May has been my favorite PokeGirl since RS.

Obs: How can this topic have 6 pages and only 8 votes?

Leaf and May have the most votes.

Why is it the Gen III heroines usually wind up winning these polls? Although I imagine if White was here she would have won.

Yeah, I remember that back in the day, at the beginning of the last decade, May used to perform very well in the preference polls. Happy to see that Leaf was also performing well. But, over time, this has changed significantly. I wonder why? Anyway, I doubt that, currently, May has any chance against Dawn and/or Serena.

Last edited:
Hilda, probably largely because she feels a little older than the others.

I have also always really liked Leaf. A simple, but good design.

Kris was my first crush. I actualy named her with my old friend's. Nowadays, I like Serena's smart casual outfit, and Rosa's funny and adorable character in Masters.

Hilda for nailing the American aesthetic, Serena for gen 6 associations and her stylish outfit, and Selene for her fun initial design (I will never forgive the removal of the rooster hat in USUM) and being the first time I picked the female trainer over the male, helping to crack my identity egg before I even really knew it

For me, I can't choose just one since a lot of what I know about some female player characters is based on the animé. With that being the case, one of my favorites is definitely Dawn. She had a great rapport with Ash and was one of his closest friends, shown by how she was the only Pokégirl (with Chloe, if you count her as a Pokégirl) who attended his final WCS battle against Leon. I also like that she was the only Coordinator whose Contests were not ruined by the removal of battles in Journeys, though that's due to one of the problems with Journeys being that we didn't see Dawn in a Contest despite the fact that the animé teased with when they had Dawn show off her new Contest dress. Until the time we saw May with Serena and Lisia in the backstage of that Hoenn Contest "Spectacular", I thought that she was the battler of the Coordinators. With that scene, we now know that it was Dawn all along and since I like battles, that is why Dawn is definitely one of my favorites, and my favorite of the animé Pokégirls.

As for some others, I also really like Leaf and Hilda. I really grew to like Leaf due to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Her voice just fit her perfectly, so much so that when I use the Pokémon Trainer, despite being a guy, I used her, and still do to this day. As for Hilda, as Sheeer said, she just perfectly nailed the American aesthetic. It also helps that in all game media, she's clearly a battler, as her name also indicates.

It's a tie between Gloria and Hilda. And, no, it's not because of the Scottish memes that I like Gloria, as those wore out their welcome very quickly (and I generally ignore memes since by the time I catch up to one the newest one already displaces it). For me, the reasons why I like both Gloria and Hilda is because they're both tomboys (with a girlish streak), have great designs (love those torn jean shorts and both of their boots), seem to have spunky personalities (because of a few sources of media), they have some of the more climatic battles in the series (game-wise), and both were missed opportunities during Ash's anime time since they could've been much better Poke-girls for him to travel around instead of Iris and Chloe (did I get the latter's name right? I keep forgetting her name because she's so forgettable). Hilda in particular could've very easily spiced up the BW anime (and given us, the viewers, more connection to Bianca and Cheren, turning them into proper recurring characters/rivals) so she was a majorly missed opportunity. Plus I like Hilda's Adventures counterpart, White, since she got some nice character development and went from a non-action girl to a badass in her own right. But I would've loved to see either Hilda or Gloria (or better, both) in the anime to see how they'd be portrayed. But overall I find Hilda and Gloria to be the coolest and best designed female player characters in my eyes.

Selene. She's sillycoded. I actually kind of like how little emotion she shows, I feel like I could probably come up with a good edgy fanfic reason for it. Alsyo her USUM outfit is cute as hell. Rosa's a close second, alsyo because she's silly.

20231025_085355.png

Serena.

has got to be akari for me, of course, but out of the options in the poll... it would probably be dawn, for similar pla reasons (my au (which is basically canon to me) has akari and rei as twins, and dawn as the protag who falls from the sky).

Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom