• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

For how long will Game Freak continue to make remakes?

This is kind of a nitpick, who cares whether or not they overhaul the mechanics or just add onto them? As long as it has a significant impact, it's still fresh. And there's plenty of things that XY alone added that could make remakes of these games a fresh experience, so a remake would be well worth it.

You can also still transfer Pokemon from 3rd gen and ORAS still got a remake.

Of course, Mega Evolutions [for example] are indeed a very welcome and fresh addition to the series, I am in no way trying to say they're pointless additions. And I'm also not trying to say that these games don't deserve remakes. All I'm saying is that at the current standpoint, I personally am uncertain whether or rather when Nintendo wants to begin production on those remakes.

If Gen 4 does get a remake, I assume it will be next year, as that will be ten years after their initial release back in 2007.

Of course, Mega Evolutions [for example] are indeed a very welcome and fresh addition to the series, I am in no way trying to say they're pointless additions. And I'm also not trying to say that these games don't deserve remakes. All I'm saying is that at the current standpoint, I personally am uncertain whether or rather when Nintendo wants to begin production on those remakes.

If Gen 4 does get a remake, I assume it will be next year, as that will be ten years after their initial release back in 2007.

That's probably not how they think in terms of whether or not they should remake a game. They're probably looking more at:

1. Accessibility. How easy is it for the current generation of gamers to play the originals? Can the current handheld play the originals?
2. Gameplay potential. What's changed since the original that they can use to improve the game? What were the originals missing that could be added to the remakes?

With that in mind, we're probably going to get DP remakes in whatever generation debuts on the 3DS' successor, either 7th gen or 8th gen if 7th gen is on the 3DS like 5th gen.

That's probably not how they think in terms of whether or not they should remake a game. They're probably looking more at:

1. Accessibility. How easy is it for the current generation of gamers to play the originals? Can the current handheld play the originals?
2. Gameplay potential. What's changed since the original that they can use to improve the game? What were the originals missing that could be added to the remakes?

With that in mind, we're probably going to get DP remakes in whatever generation debuts on the 3DS' successor, either 7th gen or 8th gen if 7th gen is on the 3DS like 5th gen.
I hear ya.

There are two arguments here:

1. Gen IV and V haven't got that much to be added as the first three generations. Especially Gen V has practically all the stuff Gen VI has, except Mega Evolutions and the Fairy type. There really isn't any need to remake them at all.

2. Game Freak might not be looking for reasons to remake Gen IV and V at all. They could just remake them anyway, for the cash.

I certainly would love if they kept remaking generations, cause the nostalgia is sweet :p

In my belief, Diamond and Pearl may be the last to get remakes. I don't like the idea of re-remakes and I think that sequels could replace the remakes in the future.

As the God of the pokemon universe His holiness deserves to have a more active role in the games.

As the God of the pokemon universe His holiness deserves to have a more active role in the games.
He is not the God of the Pokemon Universe. It's just a Shinnoh myth.

He is not the God of the Pokemon Universe. It's just a Shinnoh myth.

He's capable of making an entire universe from scratch just to give some random 10 year old kid a legendary. I highly doubt those myths aren't real.

Also the region is spelled "sinnoh" not "shinnoh"

He's capable of making an entire universe from scratch just to give some random 10 year old kid a legendary. I highly doubt those myths aren't real.

Also the region is spelled "sinnoh" not "shinnoh"
The Creator of the Universe cannot be captured in a Poke Ball. Those myths are obviously false. And it's just a tribe that considers him divine, not the entire population of the region.

Also, Sinnoh has alternative spellings and pronunciation like Shinnoh, Shinn'o, Shinn'ou, etc. You might wanna check them out before correcting people online.

Last edited:
The Creator of the Universe cannot be captured in a Poke Ball. Those myths are obviously false. And it's just a tribe that considers him divine, not the entire population of the region.

Also, Sinnoh has alternative spellings and pronunciation: Shinnoh, Shinn'o, Shinn'ou, etc. You might wanna check them out before correcting people online.
That doesnt prove anything as we've seen Arceus creating a universe in the HGSS event. Who's to say he doesn't just let you catch him?

And I have never seen that spelling of the region used anywhere. Not even in the bulbapedia article. Sounds more like a half baked attempt to smush the japanese and english versions together.

That doesnt prove anything as we've seen Arceus creating a universe in the HGSS event. Who's to say he doesn't just let you catch him?

And I have never seen that spelling of the region used anywhere. Not even in the bulbapedia article.
Idk, you are free to believe in those myths, but it isn't any proof that he created the Pokeverse.

Also, no offense, but I didn't ask for your correction in the first place. ;) Especially since the original spelling is the Japanese one.

Idk, you are free to believe in those myths, but it isn't any proof that he created the Pokeverse.

Also, no offense, but I didn't ask for your correction in the first place. ;) Especially since the original spelling is the Japanese one.

Except the numerous pokedex entries, the plates, and Arceus creating a new universe in the event.

whatever, just never saw your special spelling before.

Except the numerous pokedex entries, the plates, and Arceus creating a new universe in the event.

whatever, just never saw your special spelling before.

Non of those was presented as fact, just a legend, myth, etc

It just dawned on me...what if Arceus created the Megaverse during that event?

HG/SS were released late 2009, and X/Y went into development in early 2010 supposedly. Coincidence? Probably, but hey, it's fun to imagine and make theories.

With the advent of the Virtual Console service and from the next generation forward, a handheld console that will likely be able to emulate Game Boy Advance and Nintendo DS software, I imagine we'll soon be an era where full remakes are functionally redundant; especially given past comments about Nintendo future-proofing the Wii U's Virtual Console. Nintendo and GameFreak have already shown that they're willing to re-tool the classic games to allow trading over the 3DS' local wireless, so I can't see why a hypothetical NX (or even Wii U) Virtual Console release of Diamond/Pearl couldn't be reworked to allow online play, for example.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom