• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Funny mistakes

Raising nothing but my Torterra in D/P, then arriving at the Snowpoint Gym, yeah that was fun...:eh:

When; to train my team in Silver, I would battle wild pokemon nonstop until I whited out and went back to the PokeCenter.

Hehe, remembered another. When I played Blue Rescue Team for the first time, and beat Rayquaza, I realized I was floating away. So, thinking I wouldn't be able to play the game again, I turned my power off and deleted my saved data. Then I replayed the game, and when my chance to take on Sky Tower came around, I ignored it and just did missions. So later I bought the strategy guide and realized there was a post-game.

Playing platinum on an emulator on the computer once. I still hadnt adapted to the differing controls from the gba, so I had trouble accessing the menu for a while. Then I just had to change the controls around so it was closer to the controls of the gba. And as soon as I did that, I didn't realise that there was a poster hanging on the wall of the bedroom saying what button opens the menu... -_-

in gen 1 blue when gyarados learned leer at a late level, 50 I think, i thought it was a REALLY strong leer that would kill, deleted my hydro pump for it...lame, lol

Getting pissed because I couldn't get a Scyther to further counter Psychic types (in case my Sneasel got knocked out)...
Then it hit me.
I had Pearl.
But I had friends with Diamond.
*epicly slo-moed facepalm with dramatic camera angles and music*

One time I beat Lt. Surge, but my pokemon had fainted and I didn't realize you could use HM moves even if my pokemon had fainted. So instead of cutting the tree, I turned off the game and had to beat him again. ;_;

In Ruby, I caught a Peliper with Master Ball thinking I could buy another in the market of the next city. At least I managed, after several tries, to get Groundon with a Pokéball. Ei, I was 8 :p

First time playing Blue, didn't know what to do, in the blink of an eye got nothing but a lv 40 Blastoise in Cerulean...

Also when I first got Ruby version, Rayquaza fled! Somehow.. ;-;

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom