• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Game locations vs Anime locations

Which kinds of canon locations do you use in your fanfics?

• Total voters

āruscio

DENNNNNNNIS
Reaction score
Just a quick question, for all you Pokémon fanfic writers, myself included. Do you use strictly just the areas in the games, or do you add places that are anime exclusive, like Chocovine Town?

Personally, I use just game locations because I despise the anime.

Game locations, because my story is based off the games.

Meh, I stay well away from animé stuff. The closest I've gotten to the animé would be Pokémon Special Pikachu Edition (aka Yellow).

Game locations, I'm much more familiar with the games than the anime. Especially when the larger part of the fandom follows and regonises the games, being the main point of the franchise.

Game locations mostly, though small things like irrelevant towns have popped up from my imagination. I do occasionally use anime concepts, though, due to the mix-and-match nature of my stories.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom