• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VI Pokemon Discussion

Which are your favourite Pokemon revealed so far?

• Total voters
Re: Revealed Gen VI Pokemon Discussion/Speculation Thread

I wonder what that Fire dog WPM mentioned was.

I vastly prefer Talonflame's Japanese name "Faiarō". Why couldn't its English name been similar, like "Fiaero"?

I wonder what that Fire dog WPM mentioned was.
I don't remember him mentioning a Fire dog. He did however, mention a fire bird - which is Talonflame.

EDIT: Wait, just saw it. Hmm. It wasn't shown in any of the trailers we were shown after the round-table, or mentioned by another other source...hmm

Last edited:

Well Talonflame's name is just plain bad (they could have at least dropped the 'n' and named it Taloflame) but its design is awesome and a regional bird that isn't Normal/Flying is pretty neat, so I can learn to live with it as it redeems itself in other ways. Can't all be perfect, can we?

Clauncher and Skrelp are incredibly cute, I really love them both. Clauncher's design is impressively clean aswell. Cool that we finally got another Poison/Water type after Qwilfish being the last all those years back. I'm hoping Clauncher will fulfill my dream of a Water/Fire pistol shrimp when it evolves, but I don't consider it likely to happen right now.

I am thinking it's weird, however, that they are revealing these Pokemon, but they don't seem to learn any new Gen VI moves to advertise; they've advertised Crabhammer for Clauncher, Brave Bird for Talonflame, Sludge Bomb for Skrelp, Struggle Bug for Vivillon, Horn Leech for Gogoat and Flame Charge for Fletchling... it's making me kinda nervous that they're not going to be focusing on adding that many new attacks, which is a shame (think back to Gen V pre-release and pretty much every new Pokemon revealed advertised a new move or ability, which isn't the case here). Still, I'm quite looking forward to seeing their abilities.

And once again, as I seem to keep saying, there's not a single Pokemon I dislike so far, I'm loving the whole bunch of fifteen. I'm actually surprised we're getting as many new ones revealed as we are, maybe Gen VI will bring a lot more new Pokemon than we expect? Who knows. I'm not complaining at all. :p

I'd say I'm not a big fan of Clauncher. They took Venipede, colored it blue, gave it a nipper and said it was a water-type. Skrelp reminds me of the Octoroks in Zelda. Only Talonflame is really cool, as cool as the other previous fully evolved regional birds, if not more ; plus, it's a Fire-type, which is very unusual, even more unusual that Bibarel was in its time.

I'd say I'm not a big fan of Clauncher. They took Venipede, colored it blue, gave it a nipper and said it was a water-type. Skrelp reminds me of the Octoroks in Zelda. Only Talonflame is really cool, as cool as the other previous fully evolved regional birds, if not more ; plus, it's a Fire-type, which is very unusual, even more unusual that Bibarel was in its time.

Oops, forgot the connection with Bibarel... Wow, I hope Talonflame wouldn't be that weak...
*or it may get Moody BWAHAHAHAHAHA*

Talonflame at least gives me hope that this won't be another Sinnoh in terms of fire types. I may pick up one of the other starters now in exchange for Fennekin.

I think I'm the only one who thinks Talonflame's English name sounds cool ;_;

Am I the only person who isn't really a fan of how many reveals we're getting. We're 4 months away today, and yet we have 20 pokemon already. That's likely somewhere between one fifth and one eighth of the total new pokemon we're going to be getting. I love the run up to a new generation just as much as the next person, but you can still accomplish hype with only releasing a small handful of pokemon each month, not a dozen. I'm not really sure they'll be able to maintain this clip, and for a game where American fans actually had a shot at not being spoiled of all the pokemon on their first go through, they're making that very difficult.

Am I the only person who isn't really a fan of how many reveals we're getting. We're 4 months away today, and yet we have 20 pokemon already. That's likely somewhere between one fifth and one eighth of the total new pokemon we're going to be getting. I love the run up to a new generation just as much as the next person, but you can still accomplish hype with only releasing a small handful of pokemon each month, not a dozen. I'm not really sure they'll be able to maintain this clip, and for a game where American fans actually had a shot at not being spoiled of all the pokemon on their first go through, they're making that very difficult.

I agree with that, but they want us to be more hyped than normal at summer :))
Plus, we are not getting dozens every day, for the previous three months, what was the best we got? 4 Pokemon.

Shishiko, if you evolve into a badass Lion with a FIRE MANE, I will love you forever.

Wow, we got like 10 new Pokemon in 2 days. That sure makes up for the lack of news during the first months!

This is craziness now. The lion is really cute though, as are the bugs. The Fairy is not doing anything for me right now, but in time I might come to like it.

The cub is adorable, if a little boring. Time will tell if it becomes as awesome and majestic as Luxray.

I...cannot make heads or tails of that Fairy. Is the flower a part of its body, or is it just hanging on to it there? There's got to be something I'm missing here.

Yay, more Mons. I like them all though another Pokemon with Normal as a subtype...guess I better get used to that.

The pure Fairy is cute and I like Pokemon that carry inanimate objects with them.
I...cannot make heads or tails of that Fairy. Is the flower a part of its body, or is it just hanging on it there? There's got to be something I'm not missing here.
It appears separate from the flower, you can kinda see its foot is on a different layer.

I love all the new pokemon. They're all great! Fletchling's evo turned out cooler than expected :) I was already going to catch a Fletchling, but now I'm more excited. I didn't expect it to actually become a Fire type! That's awesome.

I'm glad that the Fairy type was finally confirmed and Sylveon's type is now known! I'll probably be using a Sylveon for my first Kalos adventure :)

At this point though, I would prefer that they not show any more new pokemon. Gameplay features and mechanics, sure. But I'm not starving for any more new pokemon reveals. I just wanna wait for the games to be released to discover them on my own, especially the Starter evolutions :D

We've seen the regional Early Bird and one of its evolutions, but it's the regional Early Vermin I personally always look forward to seeing. Shame that we've gotten so many leaked pokes now and still no hint at what they might be...unless it's that lion thing, of course. I wouldn't rule it out at this stage.

Pleeease let the cub get a great mane of fire. I've wanted this for so long.

Not sure how I feel about normal being tacked on though. Those eyes...I could see it becoming dark type maybe.

I must say I love Furabebe, the new Fairy, favorite Kalos Pokémon after Chespin IT LOOKS SO CUTE OMG, faith restored in these games... a little bit.

Also, that dog looks more like a lion or some sort of feline? That is... a bit better, but still, I am not interested in Fire-type Pokémon in my team, sorry puppy.

I like the new Pokemon that were revealed this morning, but I won't use any of them on my first run.

Back
Top Bottom