• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gen VI Pokemon File format discovered

So since all this hacking and stuff has been being talked about, has anyone heard about the mystery egg things coming off wonder trade? I've been seeing bits and pieces of people talking about this in response to the fact that the games are slowly being cracked and was wondering if there is any credence to it?

Because if it is, I'm taking back my previous stance on hacked things, cause if these are getting through and corrupting pc boxes and things I don't want to have any part of that mess. If it is true I hope nintendo works out a way to at least give people a way to get rid of the bad eggs.
I only heard just now. There's a thread on it, and I'm pretty sad to hear about this. A little annoyed that GF didn't keep them harmless like they were in gen 5 too

I only heard just now. There's a thread on it, and I'm pretty sad to hear about this. A little annoyed that GF didn't keep them harmless like they were in gen 5 too

Um yeah, there is a thread on it NOW but not at the time I made my post?

I'm pretty certain GF doesn't have control over whether bad eggs are harmful or not. I wonder if it is within their capability to patch the game to avoid creating or allowing trades that lead up to the mystery eggs.

Um yeah, there is a thread on it NOW but not at the time I made my post?

I'm pretty certain GF doesn't have control over whether bad eggs are harmful or not. I wonder if it is within their capability to patch the game to avoid creating or allowing trades that lead up to the mystery eggs.
It is in their power because they programmed them into the game as placeholders. I think its silly that the game doesn't reject these bad trades in the first place, they should really fix that.

I wonder if it is within their capability to patch the game to avoid creating or allowing trades that lead up to the mystery eggs.
It is in their power because they programmed them into the game as placeholders. I think its silly that the game doesn't reject these bad trades in the first place, they should really fix that.
Actually, "Bad Egg" just indicates that the Pokemon data doesn't match the checksum attached to it, which could mean either some kind of transmission error or deliberate attempts to hack in Pokemon data. Depending on exactly what is involved when the game attempts to read data from the bad Egg it could possibly spread to other aspects of a player's save data (like how encountering Missingno. in Gen I gave you 100+ quantity of inventory slot #6), so if the issue does really start becoming widespread (presumably because of attempts to hack Pokemon into the game) I can definitely see GF/Nintendo issuing another patch with stronger checks on Wonder Trading.

Last edited:
So I just realized, with this being known and that person with the encounter editor, I'd love to know what the shiny legendaries look like. Or if GF bothered with them at all.

So I just realized, with this being known and that person with the encounter editor, I'd love to know what the shiny legendaries look like. Or if GF bothered with them at all.

It's almost certain that they did, since all Pokemon need shiny textures to prevent some kind of error (much like Arceus and Victini having shiny formes despite not intended to be released as such, or Arceus' Gen IV ??? type appearance).

I haven't used Action Replay in many years, but I remember it was kinda boring because it made things too easy. But I do think it's nice to know everything about the games.

I can't really begrudge people who hack perfect mons in either. It's a huge pain in the ass to try and breed them. Not everyone has that much time.

Im curious about shiny Xerneas myself and am convinced they cannot be shiny just like Reshiram and Zekrom, which is a shame.

I wish they wouldn't shiny-lock pokemon. I mean, shininess is rare enough as it is, so why lock the coolest-looking ones? It's not like you can use the legendaries in official or flat battles anyway.

Im curious about shiny Xerneas myself and am convinced they cannot be shiny just like Reshiram and Zekrom, which is a shame.

I wish they wouldn't shiny-lock pokemon. I mean, shininess is rare enough as it is, so why lock the coolest-looking ones? It's not like you can use the legendaries in official or flat battles anyway.
IKR? I want a damn shiny Zekrom, but GF won't let us have nice things.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom