• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like someone wants to be the next riddler /vp/ - Pqa twgwx srhy xy Htgnibj Ylmaaanh ufi Yaacqmuzhn. - Pokémon - 4chan

I have no idea where to even begin with that. If there's even any words in that mess I can't tell

He's dropping some hints. Seems like doing something with the last word will help. At least it's more refreshing than saying a giant wall of text of info relating to red and blue remakes with crazy aditions that will never happen like triple types.
Edit:He said ti pilF. Flip it backwards... flip something maybe?

Apparently according to one of the 4channers it's The games will be Pokemon Ethereal and Crepuscule. They will be announced May 2018 and release December 2018. That is all I will say for now. Ethereal... Ethereal Gates... someone has been paying attention...
Also apparently Blue Oak is prof and starters are Dark Psychic Fighting doubt this

Last edited:
Also other than just using a complicated name I doubt they'd use a name that'd have a similar theme as gen 7. We already have games that focus on time of day and such. I don't think they'd do it again just one gen after.

Just the starters alone is obviously fake. Unless thy mean tose as the secondary types. But I can’t imagine them ever changing the grass fire water starter formula.

And like others have said that title is off. Considering the Japanese name the games I doubt they would use a word that doesn’t even seem easy to pronounce for the English speakers. I know I can’t say that properly.

As another note, even if the typings were meant for secondary slots of the starters we already have that combination. Sure they could swap them around, but I doubt they'd used dark, psychic, and fighting once again for the starters. Even if their rotated.

Do we know if they have scheduled any Pokémon Directs in the future? Or what about a Nintendo Direct?

Those will likely be our first glimpse into the next games.

Do we know if they have scheduled any Pokémon Directs in the future? Or what about a Nintendo Direct?

Those will likely be our first glimpse into the next games.

It's almost 100% confirmed that the next Nintendo Direct will be on January 11. Even if it's not, there will still be one by the end of the month.

Apparently according to one of the 4channers it's The games will be Pokemon Ethereal and Crepuscule. They will be announced May 2018 and release December 2018. That is all I will say for now. Ethereal... Ethereal Gates... someone has been paying attention...
Also apparently Blue Oak is prof and starters are Dark Psychic Fighting doubt this
Just the starters alone is obviously fake. Unless thy mean tose as the secondary types. But I can’t imagine them ever changing the grass fire water starter formula.

And like others have said that title is off. Considering the Japanese name the games I doubt they would use a word that doesn’t even seem easy to pronounce for the English speakers. I know I can’t say that properly.
As another note, even if the typings were meant for secondary slots of the starters we already have that combination. Sure they could swap them around, but I doubt they'd used dark, psychic, and fighting once again for the starters. Even if their rotated.

I don’t know. I feel like the names of the game/starters isn’t so ridiculous and out there that this just might actually somehow be true. Basically if it’s so out there, maybe it’s real?

Also fun fact for those saying that the starters changing means it is fake: It was originally reported that the Diamond/Pearl starters would be Dark/Psychic/Fighting rather than the Grass/Fire/Water Trio

Last edited:
Wasn't that bit about a fangame name supposed to be about the games' codename, not official name? Looks like they didn't pay enough attention.
Yeah, this was probably a leaker who just ciphered it to increase the attention
That cipher part is honestly almost funny to me. It wasn't hard to read-it was just backwards. (which technically isn't even a cipher, but that's splitting hairs) It wasn't hiding the information from anyone, especially when they gave away how to read it three posts down.

I don’t know. I feel like the names of the game/starters isn’t so ridiculous and out there that this just might actually somehow be true. Basically if it’s so out there, maybe it’s real?
New leak: The next Pokemon game is actually just Cooking Mama, titled as Pokemon Cooking and Pokemon Mama.

It's so out there, maybe it's real?

Last edited:
No idea for sure. I've never seen them mention any fan games before.

Can't say for sure but I recalling reading about Masuda speaking about fangames. He said he personally haven't payed attention to any of them but he also said that when he retires he want to give some fangames a go to let's see how people imagined their Pokémon games. Something along that lines iirc.

New leak: The next Pokemon game is actually just Cooking Mama, titled as Pokemon Cooking and Pokemon Mama.

It's so out there, maybe it's real?

Maybe. I think your on to something. But seriously though, people where expecting Grey we got Black 2 and White 2, people where expecting Z, we got Sun and Moon. This seems like out there titles that could (although sounding odd) be something Gamefreak would make

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom