• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is possible that they're summoning it, but the way they look before the explosion (it seems like they're combining) makes me lean more towards it being a merger of sorts. If that's the case, that makes me think it's more likely they're forms of some sort for Zygarde rather then something completely separate of it.

I'm starting to believe more and more than this little blob is just a Zygarde forme; it has a hexagon pattern on its chest, and fuses together with the other blobs into Zygarde.

I'm starting to believe more and more than this little blob is just a Zygarde forme; it has a hexagon pattern on its chest, and fuses together with the other blobs into Zygarde.

How would that work in terms of game mechanics though? You can't just catch a zillion of them and make them fuse.

How would that work in terms of game mechanics though? You can't just catch a zillion of them and make them fuse.

It could be one of those story-only "non-entities," like the radically-changed Shellder on Slowbro and Slowking, or the baby Kangaskhan (up until Gen VI, anyway).

I noticed Malva in the special as well. It will be interesting to see if they majorly revamp the elite four and maybe even most of the league. I mean the champion was completely forgettable! Diantha was so boring that I had to look up her name because I couldn't remember her at all. None of her team looks like it matches her except maybe Gardevoir. She was such a let down after the first female champion Cynthia. Then again Cynthia is probably the very best champion IMHO.

But anyways it's dead obvious that the anime and especially the Mega Special is hinting as to what is next.

If they indeed do merge into Zygarde, I wonder if there could be an item similar to DNA splicers from B2/W2 that allows the green blob to become Zygarde. Maybe sth like, take the green blob to a specific location and use this item to turn it into Zygarde.

The anime has its own plot separate from that of the games. How certain characters, such as Malva, behave in Act IV is no indication of how they will be portrayed in future installments.

Pokémon fusion is not a new concept; we have Kyurem after all.

It could be one of those story-only "non-entities," like the radically-changed Shellder on Slowbro and Slowking, or the baby Kangaskhan (up until Gen VI, anyway).

That would be such a tease though, I doubt they would create this thing for it not to be a standalone Pokemon or form.

Pokémon fusion is not a new concept; we have Kyurem after all.

You're missing the point. It's not about the fusion, it's the number of Pokemon. Fusing 2 Pokemon is reasonable, fusing multiple of them isn't as feasible.

You're missing the point. It's not about the fusion, it's the number of Pokemon. Fusing 2 Pokemon is reasonable, fusing multiple of them isn't as feasible.
You don't necessarily need all of them.

As I suggested earlier, you take that one green blob to a specific location which is said to have dozens or even thousands of similar green blobs (maybe a strange cave or something) and then you use an item or do whatever to create Zygarde.

There's a way to fuse without having to have multiple Pokemon in your team.

"Can divide asexually by mitosis to produce identical offspring" I will stick by this until we know more lol, I think Zygarde sheds these little blobs in some respect, "producing identical offspring asexually". I personally don't believe they are merging to "create" or "become" Zygarde, I think it's something more original... Why would we want a pre-stage to evolve or transition into something that is currently weaker than Xerneas & Yveltal? I understand that we MAY be getting two new "formes" but it doesn't mean that because of this footage; they are merging into Zygarde. I understand speculation and respect it, but logically don't you think they've realised that we've realised that Zygarde on it's own is useless at the minute.

I really hope that Malva plays a major role in the next game/games. Not finding out about her being with Team Flare until you're about to challenge the Elite 4 and then only meeting with her once during the Looker storyline was so disappointing. An Elite 4 being in league with an evil team should have been a major development in X/Y and it could have helped to make Team Flare more interesting with a twist like that. Seeing her being the main focus on the next game would be good.

I hadn't thought of the little green Pokemon merging to form Zygarde. That does sounds like a possibility when the trailer for the next Mega Evolution special didn't show Zygarde and there was a bright flash of light as the little green Pokemon were piling up on each other.

If Malva is indeed the new protagonist, then it would be the first time a female was the leader of an evil organization. I just hope she renames Team Flare, but with her involvement with Lysandre she probably won't give the new team a new name. But maybe she is so disappointed with XY's Team Flare she decides to do everything from scratch. Here's hoping!

Just readan insane theory that could not only work, but could well mean that Hoenn and AZ will be plot points central to the next games. When you capture/beat one of the primals in ORAS, as you stand near the tree, you see a huge green wave that diversifies the ecosystem of Hoenn.in this trailer, the littlebuggers combining drawsin the vines, making them grow.

So what if that green wave was these little guys' powers? Did AZ do it on purpose? And if they have the power to actually bring Pokemon back to Hoenn, wouldn't that mean that new Pokemon can easily be justified in game for Kalos? Like perhaps the protags put thelegendary back into slumber,and something similar happens, and then bam, 5 months later new Pokemon running about. Even if not, the speculation of Zygarde having that much power, gets me excited, I dont think GF everwent this far to connect various games and the lore.

Edit: Wait a god damn minute, the trailer has them forming a tree, like an actual plant. What if Zygarde's power is not just balancing the ecosystem, but being the ecosystem? Lile actually being plants, and trees? Wouldn't that mean when the ultimate weapon fired, that possibly Zygarde couldn't do much because its cells, which are in turn the planets cells, got so damaged it couldn't power up? That would be fucking insane if the plot ends up with another attack on the planet only woth Zygarde now prepared, having it absorb power from the planet. That would also literally mean that infinite energy and mega evolution could literally be the power of Zygarde, and it could possibly be why megas exist in the first place. Because the ultimate weapon unintendedly drew from Zygarde itself, and spread its power to all Pokemon. Holy shit would it be amazing if this turns out to be at least half close to the plot.

Last edited:
What truly defines a new generation is one thing: a new region followed by a return to an old region, with the exceptions of Kanto and Unova.

Gen. 1 introduced Kanto. New region.
Gen. 2 introduced Johto, but revisited Kanto. New region, old region.
Gen. 3 introduced Hoenn, but revisited Kanto. New region, really old region.
Gen. 4 introduced Sinnoh, but revisited Johto and Kanto. New region, really old region, really, really old region.
Gen. 5 introduced Unova, then revisited it two years later with major differences. New region, newer region.
Gen. 6 introduced Kalos, then revisited Hoenn. Newest region, really, really old region.

So if Gen. 6 introduced Northern Kalos, then introduces us to Southern Kalos, if they make it very clear that this region is still Kalos, it's much like Unova, so it means it's still part of the Kalosian Generation, AKA Generation 6.

For me the term "Generation" has always been of a more technical nature.

Gen I - Gameboy (with yellow being enhanced for Gameboy Color)
Gen II - Gameboy Color, slightly improved game engine compared to Gen I
Gen III - Gameboy Advance, definitely a new engine
Gen IV - Nintendo DS, although looking similar to Gen III it has clearly a new engine
Gen V - Still Nintendo DS, but again a new engine
Gen VI - 3DS and a new engine

Also, for me every generation's new Pokémon had a kind of "common design" to some point. In some way you can see the difference between a gen III and a gen IV Pokémon and so on. So therefore it wouldn't be a problem for me to recognize a new batch of Pokémon to still belong to gen VI, as long as they fit into the design GF chose for the already existing gen VI Pokés.

Wait, Malva!? I mean, I'm not surprised but I am surprised that she's appearing of all times now. Her appearance could mean nothing but I kinda doubt they'd bring her to what may be the last M-E Act for nothing. Maybe she's being a spy for Lysandre? She certainly looked a bit shady when she was watching what I assume was Alain's battle.
I'm more than happy for Malva to be in the next Kalos games. It was a bit of a shame she didn't do more in X/Y. I'd totally be on board for a female led Team Flare revival. But please keep the snazzy style, GF. It was delightfully jarring.

The green 'blob' appearing in Act IV is interesting too, I thought it was only appearing in the movie. This confirms it has something to do with mega evolution, and possibly Zygarde's mega evolution too. Ahhh, this is so exciting!

Wait, Malva!? I mean, I'm not surprised but I am surprised that she's appearing of all times now. Her appearance could mean nothing but I kinda doubt they'd bring her to what may be the last M-E Act for nothing. Maybe she's being a spy for Lysandre? She certainly looked a bit shady when she was watching what I assume was Alain's battle.I'm more than happy for Malva to be in the next Kalos games. It was a bit of a shame she didn't do more in X/Y. I'd totally be on board for a female led Team Flare revival. But please keep the snazzy style, GF. It was delightfully jarring. The green 'blob' appearing in Act IV is interesting too, I thought it was only appearing in the movie. This confirms it has something to do with mega evolution, and possibly Zygarde's mega evolution too. Ahhh, this is so exciting!
I am pretty hellbent based on the trailer with my newfound theory. The power pulled in from nature to power up the ultimate weapon was actually drawing power from the zyminions who make up stuff like the trees and plants. Mega Evolution is a by product of unleashing a huge store of Infinite Energy by the ultimate weapon, and infinite energy is really the power of these zyminions. So technically, Mega Evolution, throughall this, is really the true power of Zygarde.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom