• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Um, I would just like to say that simply because there's two origin games left in the Gen. 6 games' coding is NOT confirmation of two more games. The Gen. 4 games have event slots for movies up to the 22nd movie (2019) so that means nothing.

And just because some people want to have the Mega Verse's timeline filled out does not mean it's a NECESSITY. We already know what happens. Red/Leaf start out in Pallet with Blue as a Rival, Prof. Oak sends them out to fill the Pokédex, they fight Team Rocket, they battle Brock, Misty, Lt. Surge, Erika, Sabrina, Koga, Blaine and Giovanni, and then they challenge Lorelei, Bruno, Agatha and Lance to inevitably fight Blue again and later capture Mewtwo. The ONLY difference would be that Giovanni and Blue would have Mega's during the main game, the E4 would have them post-game, and MAYBE you'd fight Mewtwo in its Mega Evolution for that wow factor.

So now, the timeline is fine with ORAS and XY because we already know what happens in FR/LG.

Now, if a Kanto remake really is happening, I would just like to bring up my Lightning Yellow idea yet again. It's the only way to still keep the basic R/G/B/Y/FR/LG story while making it fresh, different and exciting.

I personally would much rather have a Megaverse Yellow remake that's faithful to the original anime, right down to the geography (since anime Kanto is larger than game Kanto by far).

It could have Kanto and introduce the Orange Islands to the game universe putting them West of the Sevii Islands (Sevii Islands is Southeast of Fuchsia according to the path you take to get there, while the Orange Islands is to the South of the KanJoh continent and extends from Azalea Town to Fuchsia City according to Anime Maps)

So it would go like this: Original Series Kanto (EP01-EP80, M01) ---> Orange Islands (EP81-EP116, M02) ---> Sevii Islands (SS018, and they could retcon other Side Story episodes to take place in Sevii) ---> Advanced Generation Kanto (great way for us to get the Battle Frontier!!!) [EP406-EP466, M08-M09, MoMP]

If all original 116 episodes and the first two movies can fit (as simplified events) on a GBA cartridge, then I have no doubt GameFreak could do so much more with their official team and resources.

I agre with you. A NEW Kanto is much better of an idea than a remake Kanto. Because hardcore fansmight not want to play the same Kanto story just with megas added. A new Kanto- based game will appeal to ALL Pokemon fans, those with nostalgia for Kanto and those bored of the original Kanto. Both type of fans would be curius about the SEQUEL KANTO, while only a smaller portion of fans would really be interested in a faithful Kanto with only megas added to the originals.

As someone who hasn't been around for a while, what's the general consensus on what games we're expecting to see next? Remakes, sequels, 3DS or its successor?

I'm seeing an awful lot of talk on FRLG remakes, when I thought the whole point of Origins + including the Kanto starters in XY was to acknowledge Kanto as much as possible without actually burning through two remakes in the same generation (along with other throwbacks, like the legendary birds and Santalune Forest re-using the Viridian Forest layout).

I agre with you. A NEW Kanto is much better of an idea than a remake Kanto. Because hardcore fansmight not want to play the same Kanto story just with megas added. A new Kanto- based game will appeal to ALL Pokemon fans, those with nostalgia for Kanto and those bored of the original Kanto. Both type of fans would be curius about the SEQUEL KANTO, while only a smaller portion of fans would really be interested in a faithful Kanto with only megas added to the originals.

Not really a big fan of a theoretical Kanto SEQUEL, which is why I suggested an EXPANDED Kanto rather than a NEW Kanto. It would be for the 20th anniversary, so it could incorporate R/G/B/Y/FR/LG/Anime/Pokémon Adventures (I don't hold out much hope for this epicness, however...)

As someone who hasn't been around for a while, what's the general consensus on what games we're expecting to see next? Remakes, sequels, 3DS or its successor?

I'm seeing an awful lot of talk on FRLG remakes, when I thought the whole point of Origins + including the Kanto starters in XY was to acknowledge Kanto as much as possible without actually burning through two remakes in the same generation (along with other throwbacks, like the legendary birds and Santalune Forest re-using the Viridian Forest layout).

The references just made some of us hungry for more.

The three options I outlined for the final two games is either XY paired sequels, a Yellow and Z version, or paired Kanto remakes and perhaps an Episode Z DLC.

Right now I think we are at the stage of utter madness. GF at this point are at their most unpredictable, with a good chunk of 3rd game level material from XY usable for just that or Kalos sequels, gen 7 could be on the the horizon as well, or anything Kanto for the 20th. We really dont know, amd there really isn't a way to know. I do think E3 is a safe bet for a reveal though. Outside of the 3rd parties, Nintendo has no major 1st part software for 2015 or 2016, when we already knew quite a lot of 2014 at this point. I think the major trilogy of zelda, metroid, and pokemon on 3DS is gonna be the highlight of the show, with the 20th at the center of it all.

I decided to look at Arceus in the movie to see what's up and if we could decipher anything regarding it.

http://i.imgur.com/Ui5T9dA.png

First up is this building seen in the trailers. The shape is the same as arceus's body ring thingy. It's quite an old building as well, so it probably plays some importance in the plot.

http://i.imgur.com/EtFawaD.png

Next up is the amulets we can observe around the traveler and the other 2 people. Looking closely reveals it to be the same as arceus's body ring again.

http://i.imgur.com/ijY0jEK.png

Moving onto Arceus himself, in both the trailers we can see this peculiar glowing thingy. It's also present on the movie poster:

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/e/ee/M18_English_poster.png

It's possible this is just a revamped animation of judgement. But looking at what we do know, judgement is not the same animation as arceus's glowing action. Judgement has arceus's body ring glow with a ball appearing at his head that is fired, releasing pink meteors downwards. The orb is also orange rather than the golden glow we can observe. Bulba's judgement page shows this marked difference:

Judgment (move) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Finally, we should also note the marked difference between arceus and the other legends. The other legends are all seen fighting or causing havoc, but we've only really seen arceus floating doing his glowy thing. At this point it would be natural to assume there's something up and he could be getting a new form or something. But when I look at his event which is one of 18 variations, each for arceus with a plate and one with a silk scarf, I do find myself wondering. I's also a pre release event so it's available to those who pre-order tickets for the movie. If this arceus was the key unlock for a new forme or whatever in the next games, it would be strange to restrict it to those who pre-order. Perhaps any arceus can change into this hypothetical form and another arceus event is planned, who knows.

All of this is to say, I do think there's a fair chance arceus is getting something special. It could just be glowing for some anime only controlling over the other legends and all the references are only there to explain that when things get out of hand people summoned arceus who made all the other legends chill out. I'd love to hear othe people's thoughts on this as it is indeed very strange to imagine arceus getting something new when not many of us are predicting a return to sinnoh, which would be the logical region for this forme to be accessible in if one exists.

EDIT: Not that it's directly related to arceus, but this image on the official movie website has regigigas/reshiram/zekrom on it. When did they get revealed?

http://i.imgur.com/ZRV7roL.jpg

I don't recall seeing him advertised anywhere but sure as hell he's there. Am I misinterpreting this page? It seems like it's talking about legends who appear, or is it just advertising cover legends? If so why's Ho-oh not there? Ah questions.

2nd EDIT: To delve slightly deeper into the untranslated movie website, let's take a look at the characters list.

http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/chara/

Interesting that Arceus is seperate from the other legends on it's own straight after hoopa. What is going on? Interesting that Arceus is rocking that golden glow, but all the other legendary pokemon have just a blue outline. Perhaps I'm reading too much into this or I'm onto something.

Last edited:
Maybe its not Arceus, or at leadt pethaps its connected to the ultimate moves? Perhaps instead of megas, the kalos starters go Ultimate? Knowing the moves in the Nect game triggers auto Ultimate Evolution or something.

It seems like the Kanto game mascots (Venusaur, Charizard and Blastoise, with the obvious exception of Pikachu), and Ho-Oh and Suicune are the only Pokémon game mascots to not be featured in this movie (I'm not counting Xerneas and Yveltal since they were just in the previous movie).

It seems strange that they're marketing this to be an all out battle of legends and not including them all, or at the very least Ho-Oh. But then again, we still have plenty of legends gone unused in previous movies (Ho-Oh, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Cresselia, Phione, Thundurus, Landorus, Tornadus and Meloetta) and even more still that aren't scheduled to appear in this movie (Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Mew, Raikou, Entei, Celebi, Regirock, Registeel, Regice, Jirachi, Deoxys, Darkrai, Heatran, Shaymin, Victini, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Keldeo, Genesect, Zygarde and Volcanion).

But given the Creation Trio (Dialga, Palkia and Giratina) showing up as well as Arceus, I'm really hoping the Lake Guardians are somewhere nearby. If only as a cameo.

I'm still skeptical about Arceus getting a form. I feel that considering Hoopa Unbound was within ORAS' data as far back as October, I think whatever form that they would've had in mind for Arceus would've been planned ahead as well, and probably would've been in the data for compatibility. So if there's a new form, it can't be used for XY or ORAS as those games don't have the form built in and it can't be updated via DLC, so something special like that would be locked out for a large chunk of the players. The only way I could see a form is if there's a new game or something along the lines on the horizon, and considering that we've gotten nothing on that and the promotion around the movie mostly being ORAS based (Torchic in the short, the Primals and Mega Rayquaza, etc.), I don't think that will be the case. So I don't think it's a form, I wouldn't be surprised if it's something notable, but I don't think it'll be as game-changing as a form would be.

I will say though, Arceus' role, along with the trailer absentees Reshiram, Zekrom and Regigigas to a lesser extent, do leave me curious. They all seem to have their roles kept underwraps and I'm kind of curious what the movie has in mind for them.

Right now I think we are at the stage of utter madness. GF at this point are at their most unpredictable, with a good chunk of 3rd game level material from XY usable for just that or Kalos sequels, gen 7 could be on the the horizon as well, or anything Kanto for the 20th. We really dont know, amd there really isn't a way to know.

Oh yeah, definitely. I've never been more unsure of what's coming next in my life, there's a lot of different possibilities and a lot of conflicting evidence. Game Freak has us right where they want us, wondering exactly what's next.

I'm still skeptical about Arceus getting a form. I feel that considering Hoopa Unbound was within ORAS' data as far back as October, I think whatever form that they would've had in mind for Arceus would've been planned ahead as well, and probably would've been in the data for compatibility. So if there's a new form, it can't be used for XY or ORAS as those games don't have the form built in and it can't be updated via DLC, so something special like that would be locked out for a large chunk of the players. The only way I could see a form is if there's a new game or something along the lines on the horizon, and considering that we've gotten nothing on that and the promotion around the movie mostly being ORAS based (Torchic in the short, the Primals and Mega Rayquaza, etc.), I don't think that will be the case. So I don't think it's a form, I wouldn't be surprised if it's something notable, but I don't think it'll be as game-changing as a form would be.

I will say though, Arceus' role, along with the trailer absentees Reshiram, Zekrom and Regigigas to a lesser extent, do leave me curious. They all seem to have their roles kept underwraps and I'm kind of curious what the movie has in mind for them.
That is kinda the point though isn't it? Arceus forme or otherwise to promote freshly announced games, while Hoopa Unbound gets a spotlight till then and during the release period.
Right now I think we are at the stage of utter madness. GF at this point are at their most unpredictable, with a good chunk of 3rd game level material from XY usable for just that or Kalos sequels, gen 7 could be on the the horizon as well, or anything Kanto for the 20th. We really dont know, amd there really isn't a way to know.

Oh yeah, definitely. I've never been more unsure of what's coming next in my life, there's a lot of different possibilities and a lot of conflicting evidence. Game Freak has us right where they want us, wondering exactly what's next.
And its definitely for the better. Despite the declinement of my enjoyment since b2w2, I seriously cant wait till the next out there announcement.

Looking at last year for reference, it's entirely possible for a new main series pokemon game to be revealed during nintendo's digital event, with the news on the movie taking place the following day, when oha suta is also on. This would assume that corocoro didn't have this information in it as it's official release is on the 15th, before the e3 event. Combined with Satoshi Tajiri rumored to be coming, we may have a game announcement on our hands.

That is kinda the point though isn't it? Arceus forme or otherwise to promote freshly announced games, while Hoopa Unbound gets a spotlight till then and during the release period.

Within the same movie though? We haven't had a movie where a form that was introduced for a game released previously would also have a form for the next one mid-generation. Shaymin and Giratina didn't have their forms debut separately for DP and Platinum respectively, and similarly, Kyurem-B/W and Keldeo Resolute weren't introduced for the original BW and their sequels respectively either. When they advertise mid-generation, they typically focus on one game in particular for you to get the forms from rather then split them up. I will admit that this could change (especially if that rumor with Tajiri is true), but based on what we know and have seen, it doesn't seem like the next game is really on their minds yet advertisement-wise yet. ORAS seems to be the complete focus of their material surrounding both the movie and games, and I'd imagine that if there was a new game, we would've seen a shift of sorts towards that one already.

That shift could happen next month, with E3. The next games are likely early 2016 titles, with an earlier then usual announcement, akin to XY. It woild make sense to see the shift around and after the release, as we also have another thing to consider:Movie 19s promo. There is nothing right now they could use outside of Zygarde/Volcanion, which without a game announcement would be too obvious. As such,al advertise ORAS till June, reveal games, and slowly set in motion the final phase of gen 6.

That shift could happen next month, with E3. The next games are likely early 2016 titles, with an earlier then usual announcement, akin to XY. It woild make sense to see the shift around and after the release, as we also have another thing to consider:Movie 19s promo. There is nothing right now they could use outside of Zygarde/Volcanion, which without a game announcement would be too obvious. As such,al advertise ORAS till June, reveal games, and slowly set in motion the final phase of gen 6.

That's possible, but I think that if they were planning on a new form for the next game, it'd be revealed later for that game rather then this soon. I guess we'll see soon enough though, E3 is not too far away.

Last edited:

That would be way too soon. Movie 18 isn't even coming out in Japan until July, and god knows when it'll come out internationally. Then they still have to distribute Hoopa in the games. I'd say they should wait until at least September or October for an early 2016 game announcement.

That would be way too soon. Movie 18 isn't even coming out in Japan until July, and god knows when it'll come out internationally. Then they still have to distribute Hoopa in the games. I'd say they should wait until at least September or October for an early 2016 game announcement.

Not taht it's any consolidation but they did reveal XY 9 months before release. A february release would place a June announcement at the 8 month mark. Of course, XY was a brand new generation and had lots of new stuff to advertise so it wouldn't really make sense to do the same for the next games unless they're comparable with a new gens first games. Still, anythings possible I guess. Maybe they'll reveal that pikachu detective game properly?

EDIT: I wonder if they could have the next games releasing this year. From June till say, November is 5 monts, not a lot of time but could be sufficient since pokeon generates hype by itself.

I'm hoping for something at the NDE June 16. All the ORAS talk about a Battle Frontier may very well just be hype, but it would be good to see some content on BF (whether in the 3rd 6Gen release or as DLC, however unlikely). Even if we only get title names and logos I'd be happy. Just no more free-to-play Pokemon stuff. They're fun for a little bit, but they ultimately don't hold my interest.

I'm praying, also, for info on Volcanion. We most likely won't see a distribution event until the next movie comes out, and that kind of bugs me. I know that in the past all these mythical pokemon were distributed alongside a movie, but it would be fun to have some sort of global participation event (like an exhibition tournament, or a series of them) with Volcanion as an entry prize given after the event closes.

As for Gen VII, I believe remaking Kanto a 3rd time would be a waste, unless it was a revisit, and not a remake. Set the story x amount of years after Red became champion. Have a new Kanto protagonist, and for God sake, get an Electric trainer in the Elite 4 for once. A remake wouldn't be a dealbreaker, but then we'd have people every year or so demanding a remake of HGSS (alongside the already requested DPP remakes), which aren't that old in their own right, and quite honestly fit well in Gen 4. Remakes are good, but we really shouldn't start a SECOND remake cycle.

All in all, I love the franchise and will buy and adore any core game that they put out. I'm not worried, I'm not picky. It's Gamefreaks baby, not mine, so they can raise it however they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom