• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII confirmed!

A few more things:

- On the bright side of things, this decision to go to Gen VII, has automatically made ORAS more important. In other words, no Gen VI game will top ORAS, so ORAS is the "ultimate" Gen VI game. So, hurray for us Hoenn/ORAS fans :p No other remake has been granted such honor, to be a remake AND an active part of it's generation. Two gens in one basically.

- the only thing is, I hope this is their new generation model, and not some exception. If they went back to three games per generation, it would just make Gen V and VI look bad/short/unfinished. But if all future generations are just gonna be the lenght of V and VI I am fine.

Last edited:
I really like the logos in Japan. They moved away finally from the chunky block they have had a while, even more so then BW which was my favorite up to now. Its really weird that they took out the jewels for the english names, especially since they represent the sun and moon, and can fit in the empty space between Pokemon and the names.

Well, I did wake up to 22 alerts and 20 pages of game discussion.

I'd like to see a trailer for Sun & Moon. That was the let down for me. We hardly have any information on them. When they announced XY, did they have a trailer to go with it? I can't remember.

If I had to use one word to describe the logos, it would be "beautiful".

It's crazy gen 7 is happening so soon. The x/y announcement with the starters/legends had me hyped , yet for some reason I feel way more excited for Sun/Moon, even though they barely showed anything. I guess it's the sense of mystery?

Do we actually know if it's Gen VII? I know that it said a 'whole new adventure,' but that doesn't 100% confirm Gen VII. I'm not saying that it's not Gen VII, but it's not confirmed.

It's been described as "the new era" of Pokemon. That's basically the same thing.
Also, I think if it was still Gen VI, Pokemon from the VC games would be compatible with the rest of Gen VI games, which they aren't.

How does one even confirm this? GF don't really use the term "generation" the way fans do, or at least don't rely on t the way we do.

And yes, in X/Y's first Direct, we did get a trailer.

Guys, the quote in the OP, from the U.K. press release, outright calls it the "newest generation in the core series." It's Gen VII, end of story.

1. The biggest WTF about this is that XY clearly mentioned SOUTH KALOS. Kilude is "an example of South Kalosian life-style". So, does this mean they changed their minds? It certainly looks like they were GOING to make Z, but suddenly changed their opinion, and kinda SCRAPPED Kalos?

Non, non, non. The fans were the ones who turned Southern Kalos into a big thing. There is absolutely no contradiction caused by Kiloude being described as "an example of Southern Kalosian lifestyle," because it is literally a city in the southern part of Kalos.

Last edited:
Is there any possibility for a Gen II situation? Visiting two regions? The new one and Kalos? I doubt it due to Kalos' size.

An other thing: everything about SM makes them feel like an Anniversary Special game, rather than a new Generation, but they were called a new generation officially? So, they aren't a standalone game after all?

If it is a new gen (which I believe it is whole heartily) when will we see the starters? Someone said that this is early for them to reveal so maybe we will get them in April or May or some time around then. I am impartial on this news. I get that this seems to mean that they didnt intend to make more of Kalos but as someone who felt kalos was really bare bones with potential, I am sad to see it go so fast. I cant really get hyped for a new gen till I see the starters cause at this point it almost doesnt feel real.

If I had to use one word to describe the logos, it would be "beautiful".

It's crazy gen 7 is happening so soon. The x/y announcement with the starters/legends had me hyped , yet for some reason I feel way more excited for Sun/Moon, even though they barely showed anything. I guess it's the sense of mystery?

I agree, I think it's cause they've had a whack at the 3DS for 2 sets of games now, so even though the graphics may be similar (but I expect, still better and more colourful), they can build on the things we've wanted since we got XY, like a real in-depth story feel, similar to Gen V, and they can add more Pokémon this time.

They also have the mega situation explained I guess, so less focus on "why, where, how" for that too, and more of a look into what else could be happening for the future of the franchise. This is also good cause I feel the second games of this new generation will be eeeven better, sequel, or remake. (but I now doubt they'd remake DP for the 3DS)....... which would of been nice given the Sun & Moon thing..

Guys, the quote in the OP, from the UK press release, outright calls it the "newest generation in the core series." It's Gen VII, end of story.

Non, non, non. The fans were the ones who turned Southern Kalos into a big thing. There is absolutely no contradiction caused by Kiloude being described as "an example of Southern Kalosian lifestyle," because it is literally a city in the southern part of Kalos.
An example means there is more of it.

An example means there is more of it.

And there is. You can find other examples in Vaniville, Aquacorde, Ambrette... the other cities in the southern portion of the region.

No one seems to be responding on the questions/answers thread, if anyone can help it's kinda off topic but; will the VC releases of RBY be on the Europe eshop from 12 tonight? I need to know if I should bother staying up later..

Looking back on it I much prefer the Kalos reveal trailer
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=680wcJ-Dh28

It shows us what the region is based on when it pulls back, then we get to see the hints of customization, then we get to see a route showing what this world looks like, then we get a gym, then we get a better look of the main city and the roller skates, then we get to actually see the starters, we get to see combat with 3d models and we get to see said models for older pokemon, then we get to see the legendaries. I get that they put this out early but I wish they had waited or something to show us more so we could get more of a feel for this gen.

Also probably the sense of potential they should have. XY were the first games on 3DS and so in some ways it's understandable people consider them lacking as Game Freak weren't completely in their groove and had a big transition to make. Now we're moving into the 2nd generation on 3DS so we're probably expecting more. Like how things changed between Gen IV -> Gen V on the regular DS.

But on top on that this is also made into a big deal by this being the 20th anniversary year and us expecting them to deliver something great for it.

So yeah, I think the hype is the sense of expectation and potential on top of it being a new generation.

A few more things:

- On the bright side of things, this decision to go to Gen VII, has automatically made ORAS more important. In other words, no Gen VI game will top ORAS, so ORAS is the "ultimate" Gen VI game. So, hurray for us Hoenn/ORAS fans :p No other remake has been granted such honor, to be a remake AND an active part of it's generation. Two gens in one basically.
No it isn't. ORAS had flaws and was far from being the ultimate gen 6 game. XY and ORAS are about equal. Anyway, if Zygarde doesn't get a post game for gen 7 then I probably skipped these games. There is no excuse for leaving Zygarde in the condition it is. I'll be ticked off if Zygarde's forms are anime only. On the positive note, at least we got game news and now have something new to talk about.

Back
Top Bottom