• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII Legendary Pokemon Discussion

I actually really liked Xerneas/Yveltal, so I have faith they'll continue to please with box legends for S/M.

There's so much possibilities with names like S/M, which is why I'm hoping they don't try something stupid/farfetched.

For sun, I predict Fire/fairy while moon will be Dark/Water

Not too sure if they'll do another fairy vs dark thing right after Xerneas and Yveltal though.

I actually really liked Xerneas/Yveltal, so I have faith they'll continue to please with box legends for S/M.

There's so much possibilities with names like S/M, which is why I'm hoping they don't try something stupid/farfetched.

For sun, I predict Fire/fairy while moon will be Dark/Water

Not too sure if they'll do another fairy vs dark thing right after Xerneas and Yveltal though.

Well we got Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurems formes in a row...
So I don't think type similarities should be a problem... Maybe they don't need Dark again as well, but I wouldn't be surprised if Fairy is one of the (secondary) types to the box legends; it still is a new type, and so I think it deserves it.

Has anyone said Poison legendary yet? I'm sure they will have done since it's basically the Dark-type gym of legendary discussions. But we do need one.

I'm not sure what I want for the box mascots, but it'd be interesting if they were types no one asked for.

As for the third legendary, if there is one, perhaps make it Fairy/Flying as a counterpart to Zygarde? I dunno.

A Poison type legendary would be great, we need one.

I definitely see Sun's mascot being a Fire-type. Its secondary typing could be something like Electric, Rock or Psychic I guess. Or it could be pure Fire. No Dragon pls.

As for Moon's mascot, Fairy would be fitting considering moves like Moonblast and Moonlight are Fairy-type. Dark, Water or Ice are also possible.

Regardless of the specific inspiration though, I would them to have a typing like Fire/Psychic for Sun's mascot and Water/Dark for Moon's; two mascots with both an advantage and weakness to the other.

Except with the typings you suggested Moon's mascot would have a double advantage offensively, while resisting one of Sun's mascot's STABs and being immune to the other.

I already wrote on the other thread but hey the thread at the game section is closed. So here I go.

Fire/Fairy Wold based on Amaterasu
Water/Dark Rabbit based on Tsukiyomi
Grass/Ground Tanuki (this one is kinda random, I can't think of an apropriate animal) based on Susanoo

Yes I don't care what region it is going to be based on, but if they missed this opportunity to make this three into Pokemon I don't know what to say. Sun and Moon is the best title to drop these three. I don't want to see them shoehorned into other titles in the future.

People for some reason don't want legendaries to be anything other than that one rare pokemon hidden in a cave.

Emphasis on hidden.

Except with the typings you suggested Moon's mascot would have a double advantage offensively, while resisting one of Sun's mascot's STABs and being immune to the other.
Oops! I meant to say Fire/Fairy, but must have gotten it mixed up with another I had but decided to scrap :p

I wonder if we are just having gen 7 legendary pokemon in Sun and Moon. Could we get other gen legendary pokemon?

I would love the Sun one to be Fire/Electric to represent the sun being a giant ball of plasma plus a unique typing...

For the moon, I always associate the moon with being mystical and supernatural, so I want it to be something like Fairy/Ghost...

Gamefreak has made it very clear that they want to break all the traditional patterns, so I want them to ditch this whole pattern of legendaries on the boxes to be 100% counterparts in concept AND type. As long as they are thematically counterparts and fit with the lore that defines them, I think it's a much better legendary. If they had to be type wise counterparts we'd eventually run out of combos before getting really tired of matchups.

The sun and moon are not some type of epic fight between celestial bodies, they work in tandem to give us night and day, and with the types I mentioned above I feel like they also represent energy in the world as a whole: fire and electricity are what we traditionally think and can use to our own control, fairy (magic) and ghost (supernatural) are forms of energy we don't know how to control and use for our own.

Also, it is a common thing around the world to claim how one might "draw power" from the sun or moon when it's out, so this could again relate to the energy thing I'm talking about...

Sorry for that rant, to sum up: I want unique typing a for the legends, even if it means they aren't some rivaling type matchup, I'm willing to take sacrifice as long as their lore is developed well.

I'll third having legendaries get some lore and mythos to them. Xerneas and Yveltal I felt were a bit disappointing in that regard since even ignoring comparisons to the Gen 3-5 duos, they don't have much to them and kind of came out of nowhere. I'd like to at least have something along the lines of the Regis, where even if the myths are not as up front, you still have a lot of lore to find that makes them fascinating to learn about.

I was extremely disappointed with the lack of legendary Pokemon in X/Y. For me, this is my ideal legendary/mythical Pokemon per generation:

- Main 3 box cover legendary
- 3 roaming legendary
- 3-4 mythical legendary
- 2 legendary related/opposed to each other (Cresselia/Darkrai or Latios/Latias)

Guys I found a new leak for the moon legendary!

maxresdefault.jpg

so I want them to ditch this whole pattern of legendaries on the boxes to be 100% counterparts in concept AND type.
I agree with everything you said, but I actually don't think that mascot legendaries are counterparts in type. I'm the kind of person who, every generation, WOULD prefer that to be the case, but it has not been. E.g. "ground" water" when clearly "fire" "water" would've been better IMO (but in this case, they actually preferred the thematic typing over the general Fire vs Water classical element stuff) "water", "steel" in DP (not looking at common types), Fire/Electric was a bit better in BW, admittedly, but then in XY they give one Legendary a single type, and the other TWO types... That's completely against counterparts in types to me, and I don't think Fairy and Dark are EXACTLY counterparts (this is a larger discussion), but yeah hopefully you get what I mean....
At the SAME TIME, I get what you mean too, lol. In my examples above, the types were still somewhat related, or they were "Dragon" type too and whatnot.

Guys I found a new leak for the moon legendary!

maxresdefault.jpg

OOOH you had me so excited for a second, even though in the back of my mind I knew it was going to be a troll... It's happened to me already... Oh you'll pay.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom